Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Dominos Delivers

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2021 10:00 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

How long before someone figures how to hold them up en route?

Or you go out Sunday morning and find overturned buggies, minus pizza,
along the streets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 19:00:16 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

Cool ! for all those non-wintery places
who only order daytime pizza ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/21 10:00 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

How long will one of those last in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago?

https://heyjackass.com/2020-deadliest-hoods/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 29 Apr 2021 22:38:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 4/29/2021 10:00 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

How long before someone figures how to hold them up en route?

I just want to know the master code so I can take the pizzas,

Or you go out Sunday morning and find overturned buggies, minus pizza,
along the streets.

Good point.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 6:23:27 AM UTC-5, Larry wrote:
On 4/29/21 10:00 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

How long will one of those last in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago?

https://heyjackass.com/2020-deadliest-hoods/

It isn't all that small. It weighs close to 2,100 pounds empty.
https://medium.com/nuro/introducing-r2-nuros-next-generation-self-driving-vehicle-a9974ff6c2e0
Maybe it has some sort of sirens or bright lights to activate if someone is trying to
tip it. My first thought was a set up similar to electric fences farmers use for livestock.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 13:55:16 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

How long before someone figures how to hold them up en route?

I just want to know the master code so I can take the pizzas,

Or you go out Sunday morning and find overturned buggies, minus pizza,
along the streets.

Someone once told me "Don't steal anything unless it's the Hope diamond"

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 5:32:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:43:44 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?

I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.

It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?

I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.

It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm no connoisseur. After all, I eat my own cooking. Casey's pizza isn't bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2021 10:00 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

The robot could contain the Covid virus. Always safe to wear the mask
around it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?

I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.

It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

This.

It's ok in a pinch, but for fast food pizza, I'm bias to Jets or Hungry
Howies. Otherwise, there are several restaurant styles I prefer more so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?
I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.

It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm no connoisseur. After all, I eat my own cooking. Casey's pizza isn't bad.

My wife will tell you that nobody makes better pizza then me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?

I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.

It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.clovecart.com/pizza-ovens-1

The original oven has vestiges of a pedal powered scheme but with a 2
ton wood fired oven that didn't work well. They got better over the
years but the pies used to look more like a map of South America than a
circle. They're good though and had the mobile popup thing down long
before the covid crap. Also, they sell by the slice. Back in the day I
could inhale a whole pie but now a piece is fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nice. When I make a pizza, it's never round. More oblong, maybe
with a short peninsula.

OTOH, two oblongs (his and hers pizzas) fit on a rectangular pizza
stone pretty well.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My parents and my aunt and uncle got together about every Saturday
night. Much beer flowed with the men, and gin or rye depending on the
season among the women.

At times they would have one of those boxed pizza kits, probably Chef
Boyardee. "Spread dough evenly in both pans to edge." never quite
happened so I got used to let than perfect result.

It was a lot better the weekends when we went to my uncle's place. He
lived in the city and there was a barroom across the street where you
could phone for a professional product and pick it up at the Ladies
Entrance.

Pizza was sort of on the edge of acceptability where I grew up. All
Italians were in the mafia and carried knives so you were taking your
life in your hands going to one of their joints.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 1 May 2021 13:12:38 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

My parents and my aunt and uncle got together about every Saturday

Oh, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

FLUSH senile ****
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?
I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.
It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm no connoisseur. After all, I eat my own cooking. Casey's pizza isn't bad.

My wife will tell you that nobody makes better pizza then me.

You must work cheaper than the people at Pizza Hut.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 15:47:12 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/tech/dominos-pizza-delivery-robot/index.html
There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds.
There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?
I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it.
It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there
are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm no connoisseur. After all, I eat my own cooking. Casey's pizza isn't bad.

My wife will tell you that nobody makes better pizza then me.

You must work cheaper than the people at Pizza Hut.

She has a vested interest. Who else is gonna makea da pizza?

--
Tekkie