Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_U?=?Q?S_to_‘just_admit=E2=80=99_that_it_does n=E2=80=99?=?Q?t_care_about_mass_shootings?=

"Bod" wrote in message
news
On 20/04/2021 14:53, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2021 7:30 AM, Bod wrote:
On 20/04/2021 09:59, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:11:55 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 5:03:34 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/p...ass-shootings/

I think that Piers Morgan has a point, but I'd change that to:
just-admit-you-dont-care-ENOUGH-about-mass-shootings.

(Opinions)

You've been on alt.home.repair long enough to know that the
prevailing
American attitude is, "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't matter."

Look at all the COVID fools. "I had a mild case, so it's a big
nothingburger."
"I've been going to the big square dance every weekend for a year and
didn't catch nothin'."

Cindy Hamilton

Indeed.

Of course, there's something that Morgan (and other foreigners) tend to
forget.

There's no "The" United States. There's 50 of them or 331 million of
them
(depending on how you look at it). Even after almost 100 years of
expansion, the federal government still doesn't have the power to
control
everything in the way that other governments do.

Cindy Hamilton

That's very true. Separate states having different laws seems counter
productive to me in many cases. Covid and gun laws are classic examples
where working as one using universal laws would make action so much
simpler and more efficient, IMO.

In some cases a universal law makes sense but the states stretch out
thousands of miles, vary in population density, climate,topography,
industry.

Are your laws the same as Yugoslavia? Germany? Why not?

I can't see how the states that vary in population or the distance or
climate etc makes a difference to having certain nationwide laws

There is an obvious difference with gun laws between places like
New York, LA, Detroit etc with lots of stupid gang banger druggys
and a place like Montana which doesnt have that problem.

Same with lockdown laws with this virus. There is a hell of a difference
between Florida with lots of new yorkers showing up every year and
other places that dont have anything like that level of tourist traffic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

The laws protecting our coastal waters are not the same as needed in South
Dakota. Laws for the use of ice melt chemicals in the North are not needed
where it never freezes.

States rights goes back to our Constitution.

You did not answer my question. Are your laws identical to Yugoslavia?
Why not? You are both in the EU

The UK has left the EU.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:25:37 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:17:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Piers Morgan has asked the US to ‘just admit’ that it doesn’t care about mass shootings

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

The problem with that logic is something that may make perfect sense
in New York City is pretty silly on a ranch in Wyoming.
It would be like saying we only need one speed limit everywhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 5:03:34 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/p...ass-shootings/

I think that Piers Morgan has a point, but I'd change that to:
just-admit-you-dont-care-ENOUGH-about-mass-shootings.

(Opinions)

You've been on alt.home.repair long enough to know that the
prevailing
American attitude is, "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't matter."

Look at all the COVID fools. "I had a mild case, so it's a big
nothingburger."
"I've been going to the big square dance every weekend for a year and
didn't catch nothin'."

Cindy Hamilton

Indeed.

Of course, there's something that Morgan (and other foreigners) tend to
forget.

There's no "The" United States.Â* There's 50 of them or 331 million
of them
(depending on how you look at it).Â* Even after almost 100 years of
expansion, the federal government still doesn't have the power to
control
everything in the way that other governments do.

Cindy Hamilton

That's very true. Separate states having different laws seems counter
productive to me in many cases. Covid and gun laws areÂ* classic
examples where working as one using universal laws would make action
so much simpler and more efficient, IMO.

In some cases a universal law makes sense but the states stretch out
thousands of miles, vary in population density, climate,topography,
industry.

Are your laws the same as Yugoslavia?Â* Germany?Â* Why not?

I can't see how the states that vary in population or the distance or
climate etc makes a difference to having certain nationwide laws

The laws protecting our coastal waters are not the same as needed in
South Dakota. Laws for the use of ice melt chemicals in the North are
not needed where it never freezes.

States rights goes back to our Constitution.

You did not answer my question. Are your laws identical to Yugoslavia?
Why not? You are both in the EU

Actually the UK got out of the EU so they wouldn't have to abide by
the "same laws as Yugoslavia".
Although there is no Yugoslavia anymore. They couldn't even agree on
one set of laws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_US_to_=e2=80= 98just_admi?= ?Q?t=e2=80=99_that_it_doesn=e2=80=99t_care_about_ mass_shootings?=

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

You did not answer my question.Â* Are your laws identical to
Yugoslavia? Why not?Â* You are both in the EU

The UK has left the EU.

Because they want their own laws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

Nope, they always had their own laws when still in the EU
and they got to set their own minimum wage rate too. And
their own gun laws, and their own covid lockdown laws too.
And there own laws on who was allowed into the country
once it became obvious that the virus was a problem too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_U?=?Q?S_to_=EF=BF=BDjust_admit=EF=BF=BD_that_it_does n=EF=BF=BD?=?Q?t_care_about_mass_shootings?=

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

Wrong, they never had to abide by the same laws as Yugoslavia.

Although there is no Yugoslavia anymore.
They couldn't even agree on one set of laws.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than your previous.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 06:48:08 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 06:52:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

You made my point. Just as the states have their own laws here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

You made my point.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Just as the states have their own laws here.

Nothing like in fact.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 9:10 PM, %% wrote:

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Same line thee times. Bet you got off on that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

I have him filtered but my impression was Bod was a Brit and no longer
in the EU. iirc one of the reasons behind Brexit was a dislike for EU laws.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:44:56 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I have him filtered

HILARIOUS! LOL

but my impression was Bod was a Brit and no longer in the EU. iirc one of
the reasons behind Brexit was a dislike for EU laws.

My impression always was that you are the "coolest" gossiping wordy old
washerwoman that's out there, lowbrowwoman! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

Can you imagine if the entire country copied Florida's law requiring
elderly people to drive 20mph under the limit with a turn signal flashing?
At least I assume it's a law.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_US_to_=c2=91j ust_admit?=?Q?=c2=92_that_it_doesn=c2=92t_care_about_mass_sh ootings?=

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

That's not what I meant, but it highlights how one state can make laws
that are counter to common sense for the rest of the nation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

Some of us are 23 over but doing it so safely we just get a warning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
[...]

That reminds me of a friend of mine, he's in his 70s, complaining about all
the people passing on the right in NC. I rode with him once recently, he was
in the left lane of a major highway going 50. One after the other, cars were coming
up behind him, then passing on the right.