Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos,tech

Default What does c/p mean, for a Toyota?

I'm making a lot of progress fixing my car, so I have time for trivial
questions. In the wiring diagram for Toyotas it often distinguishes
between convertibles and c/p.

What does c/p mean?

I'm thinking c stands for coupe, but where does that leave p?

OT, do any of you remember the 50's when one design was called a coupe,
which was pronounced coo-pay. It turns out with an accent over the e,
that's the past participle of a verb meaning to hit, but with no accent,
in French, the final e is silent, and the word is pronounced coop. But
in the 50's either people didn't know that or coop didn't sound French
enough. -- Similar to foyer, pronounced foi-yay. In French it would
be fwah-yay, and in English foy-er, but in the 50's they used a combo
English-French pronunciation, foi-yay.

For some reason, now in the USA, both words are usually pronounced in
straight English.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 12:47:59 -0400, micky
wrote:

I'm making a lot of progress fixing my car, so I have time for trivial
questions. In the wiring diagram for Toyotas it often distinguishes
between convertibles and c/p.

What does c/p mean?

I'm thinking c stands for coupe, but where does that leave p?

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/ToyEWB.pdf

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos,tech

On 04/17/2021 10:47 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH2MXxoQTLY

No coupays there... In northern New England French Canadiens were low
of the social scale so even if it should have been French it was
purposefully mangled: go looking for Isle au Haut in Maine and you'd
better say aisles ah hot and no something to do with ho's.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos,tech

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 18:11:21 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH2MXxoQTLY

No coupays there... In northern New England French Canadiens were low
of the social scale so even if it should have been French it was
purposefully mangled: go looking for Isle au Haut in Maine and you'd
better say aisles ah hot and no something to do with ho's.

Driveling senile idiots!