Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Airless Spray Painters

Can anybody here recommend an airless spray painter that cost less than $200.
For interior painting of walls and ceilings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 4:11:06 PM UTC-4, Vic Smith wrote:
Can anybody here recommend an airless spray painter that cost less than $200.
For interior painting of walls and ceilings.

I used a Milwaukee to paint the house a few years ago. I bought it at HD, I think
it was under $200, if not just a little over. Worked great for me. It also converted to
an HVLP sprayer for finer finish spraying. It used the same tips as Graco, so they
were readily available if needed. Graco seems to be the brand pros use, but you'd
have to go used there I think.

For interior work, personally I'd stick with a roller and brush. Probably a lot more
taping off, covering up, etc. The only place I see pro painters use spray inside is
in new construction where they can let the spray fly for the most part, eg no doors
on, no flooring, etc. I would think a roller might give better results in terms of
covering, minimizing defects, etc too. Even for outside on cedar siding, it worked
fine for me, I used the sprayer to lay the paint down quickly, then back brushed it.
But not sure I'd do it that way again. One advantage it does blow the paint into
crevices, the rough spots of the grain, etc.