Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 15:19:45 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Conceptually identical Rod.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

reams of the rest of your troll**** flushed where it belongs

LOL That should have been "conceptually idiotic Rod", shouldn't it, you
senile idiot?

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should i flip this car

"Xeno" wrote in message
On 19/4/21 3:19 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

"Xeno" wrote in message
On 19/4/21 4:43 am, Rod Speed wrote:

"Xeno" wrote in message
On 17/4/21 1:50 am, Rod Speed wrote:

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 12:34:33 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/14/2021 10:05 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank
says...

i would probably trade it in but would be reticent to get a new
Nissan
after hearing that their quality has slipped considerably in the
last 10
years and major problems with their CVT. $1,000 seems cheap for
tranny repair and may not last long.

About 3 years ago my son had a Nissan with the CVT that went
out at
about 130,000 miles. Nissan would not do anything about it as
it was
10,000 out of the extended warrenty that Nissan put on that
transmission
after many of they went out. Cost him around $ 4000 to get it
repaired.

He got rid of that junker after another year or so.

We had a Nissan Sentra ca 1990 that was a great car but traded it
in
when repair value was approaching book value. Apparently quality
started going downhill when they partnered with Renault after 2000.

I had a CVT on a 2016 Subaru Forester that got totaled in 2019
replaced
with a Subaru Crosstrek with CVT. I like the CVT and get great
mileage.
Hopefully some of the early problems with this type transmission
have
been ironed out by now.

Google sez:

Are Jatco CVT reliable?
Nissan subsidiary Jatco supplies many of the world's automakers
with CVT
transmissions. Nissan vehicles have been featuring CVTs for 15
years,
but they've demonstrated less than stellar reliability. ... CVTs.
Lots
of other Nissan owners have also known the scourge, even after
Jatco
took steps to improve reliability.May 23, 2018

I had never heard of CVT transmissions until this thread. Seems
they took
the slipping belt idea that self-propelled lawn mowers use and put
it on cars.

The you need a hearing aid, BAD.

Similar idea,

Nope and nothing even remotely like it.

but I guess the two pulleys change width so the belt doesn't slip a
lot.

There is no belt.

Yes there is. It is a metal push belt.

So nothing even remotely like what self-propelled lawn mowers use.

Conceptually identical Rod.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

reams of the rest of your troll**** flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:59:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Conceptually identical Rod.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

reams of the rest of your troll**** flushed where it belongs

LOL You poor desperate trolling senile sow!

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 14:53:51 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 00:34:37 +1000, Xeno
wrote:

On 17/4/21 10:33 pm, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 11:51:03 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 12:34:33 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/14/2021 10:05 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

i would probably trade it in but would be reticent to get a new Nissan
after hearing that their quality has slipped considerably in the last
10
years and major problems with their CVT. $1,000 seems cheap for a
[...]

From an Australian auto website:

https://carpart.com.au/blog/technical/what-is-a-cvt

"The belt-operated design of a CVT offers around 88% proficiency, although, considerably smaller than the efficiency of a manual transmission, can be balanced by lower creation cost and by empowering the motor to keep running at its most efficient speed for a scope of output speeds.

A lot of vehicle models and brands now use CVT transmission for their engines or motors, some of these car brands and models include:

Toyota: Toyota Prius, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Mark X, Toyota Allion, Toyota Premio, and Toyota Avalon.
Subaru: Subaru Legacy, Subaru Crosstrek, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback and Subaru Forester.
Nissan: Nissan Sunny, Nissan Cube, Nissan Juke, Nissan X-trail, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Murano, and Nissan Pathfinder.
Honda: Honda Fit, Honda CR-Z hybrid, Honda Accord, and Honda Civic.
Ford: Ford C-Max (hybrid).
Suzuki: S-Cross SX4, and Suzuki Kizashi.
Dodge: Dodge Caliber.
Chrysler: Pacifica hybrid.
Jeep: Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot."

The have a nice picture showing the belt too. And they must be right, because they are from
the land of kangaroos. BTW, isn't it time for you to get off the internet for at least a few
minutes and go feed them?

Rod's none too bright. ;-)

Are you trying to compete for the understatement of the year award??
If so you are doing pretty good!!

Hey, there's some tough competition in here, ya gotta figure some are already
plonked and changing their nym so Xeno is doing good.

--
Tekkie