Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why can't I return this?

You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:58:05 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

It's the right link.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2021 5:58 PM, Snag wrote:
On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff
as she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a
photo of the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption
about the confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful.
But they couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

Correct, that is part of the story if you take the time to look at it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2021 5:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/10/2021 5:58 PM, Snag wrote:
On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff
as she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a
photo of the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook
caption about the confrontation. "The staff were professional and
respectful. But they couldn't return an item she didn't actually have
with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

Correct, that is part of the story if you take the time to look at it.

I didn't read all the way down the first time ...
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:23:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

I think they could have accomodated her. Tney could have provided a
photograph of some money.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:58:05 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

Did you bother to read the article??? Abviously not
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2021 10:34 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:58:05 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

Did you bother to read the article??? Abviously not

Did you bother to read my reply to Ed ? Well , there ya go .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 4:23:13 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

I was in Costco a few months ago to return an item. While waiting in line I watched
a woman with a whole flat cart full of about twenty cases of ceramic floor tile that
she was returning. She didn't have the receipt, they were trying to find it on their
system and she was telling them that it was about 5 years ago when she bought it.
They were trying to do the return, not saying no. I got done before she did, so IDK
how it ended. I'm actually annoyed that places like this put up with this BS. It just
raises prices for the rest of us. Costco will wind up chucking that tile or getting
some jobber to take it for $20. I don't even remember seeing them stock that stuff,
but I do remember seeing wood flooring so I guess they did.

Another time I watched a woman go right from paying at the checkout to the
returns with a large pack of pork chops. I wonder what happened to those?
They very likely took them back, but then what? I would think that the policy
is likely that fresh food product like that gets thrown away, because they don't
know where it's been. In this case it only went 30 ft, but that may not matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 23:07:48 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 4/10/2021 10:34 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:58:05 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

Did you bother to read the article??? Abviously not

Did you bother to read my reply to Ed ? Well , there ya go .

I replied to what I had. Your reply had not hit my news-server when I
replied.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 11 Apr 2021 06:15:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

I forget whehther having the receipt matters on this one or not, but
Home Depot after a year or two gives a refund but only about 10% of what
you paid.

They were trying to do the return, not saying no. I got done before she did, so IDK
how it ended. I'm actually annoyed that places like this put up with this BS. It just
raises prices for the rest of us. Costco will wind up chucking that tile or getting
some jobber to take it for $20. I don't even remember seeing them stock that stuff,
but I do remember seeing wood flooring so I guess they did.

Another time I watched a woman go right from paying at the checkout to the
returns with a large pack of pork chops. I wonder what happened to those?
They very likely took them back, but then what? I would think that the policy
is likely that fresh food product like that gets thrown away, because they don't
know where it's been. In this case it only went 30 ft, but that may not matter.

I can never remember the guy's name, but he had a big department storre
in Philadelphia and afaik he started the practice of easy returns, in
order to bring in customers and get them to buy before they were 100%
positive they wanted something. He has a 3 or 4 syllable name. He
also invented the department store Santa and some other marketing
innovations, all these to encourage shopping and buying and make himself
more money. Had a smaller branch in DC.

Something like Forestal or Sonnenthal

Wannamaker's! That's it. You can read about all his innovations.

The latest iteration of methods to encourage buying is that Amazon gives
free shipping on orders no matter how small within 24 hours of an order
that qualified for free shipping under other rules, mainly "over $25".
This policy does't encourage the second order so much as it encourages
the first order. So people won't delay while they make up their mind
about one more item.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Easiest return I made was Amazon. Tell them you want to return
something and they give you an authorization to print. Take it to UPS
store. They took it in, packed it and notified Amazon so a credit was
issued in a couple of hours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 12:32 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

That looks like about a five hour lag from my time stamps . I KNOW I
don't live that far out in the boonies !
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/21 5:01 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:58:05 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 4/10/2021 3:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

Your link is to a story about a woman who coughed on a cancer patient ...

It's the right link.

It is. The part about the item is there. You can search for "return".

--
"The first priest was the first rogue who met the first fool."
[Voltaire]
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 4:23:13 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the
staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a
photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

I was in Costco a few months ago to return an item.Â* While waiting in
line I watched
a woman with a whole flat cart full of about twenty cases of ceramic
floor tile that
she was returning.Â* She didn't have the receipt, they were trying to
find it on their
system and she was telling them that it was about 5 years ago when
she bought it.

I forget whehther having the receipt matters on this one or not, but
Home Depot after a year or two gives a refund but only about 10% of what
you paid.

They were trying to do the return, not saying no.Â*Â* I got done before
she did, so IDK
how it ended.Â*Â* I'm actually annoyed that places like this put up
with this BS.Â* It just
raises prices for the rest of us.Â*Â* Costco will wind up chucking that
tile or getting
some jobber to take it for $20.Â* I don't even remember seeing them
stock that stuff,
but I do remember seeing wood flooring so I guess they did.

Another time I watched a woman go right from paying at the checkout
to the
returns with a large pack of pork chops.Â*Â* I wonder what happened to
those?
They very likely took them back, but then what?Â*Â* I would think that
the policy
is likely that fresh food product like that gets thrown away, because
they don't
know where it's been.Â*Â* In this case it only went 30 ft, but that may
not matter.

I can never remember the guy's name, but he had a big department storre
in Philadelphia and afaik he started the practice of easy returns, in
order to bring in customers and get them to buy before they were 100%
positive they wanted something.Â*Â* He has a 3 or 4 syllable name.Â* He
also invented the department store Santa and some other marketing
innovations, all these to encourage shopping and buying and make himself
more money.Â* Had a smaller branch in DC.

Something like Forestal or Sonnenthal

Wannamaker's!Â* That's it.Â* You can read about all his innovations.

The latest iteration of methods to encourage buying is that Amazon gives
free shipping on orders no matter how small within 24 hours of an order
that qualified for free shipping under other rules, mainly "over $25".
This policy does't encourage the second order so much as it encourages
the first order.Â* So people won't delay while they make up their mind
about one more item.

Easiest return I made was Amazon.Â* Tell them you want to return
something and they give you an authorization to print.Â* Take it to UPS
store.Â* They took it in, packed it and notified Amazon so a credit was
issued in a couple of hours.

We have had 3 occasions where Amazon said they have credited your
account. No requirement to return the item. Now that's easy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2021 1:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You think you've heard them all, but every day someone come up with a
dumber story.
https://tinyurl.com/42rtpz25

"She was screaming at, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff as
she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her, just a photo of
the item on her phone," Sprague wrote in her Facebook caption about the
confrontation. "The staff were professional and respectful. But they
couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."

She read on a Q-anon site that stores have to give you your money back
if you show them a picture and believed it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 06:15:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

Another time I watched a woman go right from paying at the checkout to the
returns with a large pack of pork chops. I wonder what happened to those?
They very likely took them back, but then what? I would think that the policy
is likely that fresh food product like that gets thrown away, because they don't
know where it's been. In this case it only went 30 ft, but that may not matter.

I wonder if that was EBT purchase and a cash refund?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie© writes:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 06:15:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

Another time I watched a woman go right from paying at the checkout to the
returns with a large pack of pork chops. I wonder what happened to those?
They very likely took them back, but then what? I would think that the policy
is likely that fresh food product like that gets thrown away, because they don't
know where it's been. In this case it only went 30 ft, but that may not matter.

I wonder if that was EBT purchase and a cash refund?

Cash refunds are not allowed for food items purchased with
SNAP benefits under any circumstances.

https://ask.usda.gov/s/article/Can-I...ram-Electronic

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 12 Apr 2021 16:22:56 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says...

We have had 3 occasions where Amazon said they have credited your
account. No requirement to return the item. Now that's easy.

Sometimes the return postage can be as much or more than the price of an
item. That is their buying price, not the selling price.

I have bought a few inexpensive items from ebay that were not as
advertised. Was told to keep the item and the money was refunded.

Ten days ago, when I was having misfire codes (which only appeared once
and haven't appeared again, yet) I sent away to an ebay guy for 2 COPs,
ignition coils on plug. They arrived today, in a perfect Toyotal/Lexus
box, in a floppy USPS priority mail envelope.

However, there was only one of them and its bottom inch was ripped off,
in a jagged line through the thick rubber part, with the bottom part
still in the bag, and the spring that I think was inside looks like it
was stepped on by en elephant.

I wrote him via ebay and got an apologetic, Chinese-tinged, answer only
3 hours later, 7:30 california time, that he was sending two more ASAP.

I think what must have happened.......

....is that it fell on the floor in its bubble-wrap bag, got driven over
by a forklift, someone picked it up and figured the tires hadn't hit it,
and he put it back in the inventory box. Later someone sent it to me
(though that doesn't explain why he only sent one.)

It also occurred to me later that I can probably use one of my current
ignition coils when it's bad, to get the part that was ripped off, and
still use the electric part of what he sent. So I may end up ahead of
the game.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I didn't read your story closely enough before I went off on my
Wanamaker's story.

If she bought something by mistake, she should have told the checkout
person who was standing right there and who would have cancelled the
sale and taken the food back. Pork chops are going to be in a plastic
sealed tray, right?

What was she going to do at the Return counter. Okay, once, something
happened and I had to start all over, and they did make me go to the
return/customer service counter to do it. Maybe later the reason will
come to me.

And I read Scott's reply to Techhie. Only techie is a big enough pig to
suspect EBT when not a word you said implied that. It's more likely it
was someone like his wife. And only bundy is stupid enough to think the
policy is racist when there are people of all races on EBT, most of them
white. Maybe he's against "persecuting" white people. I wouldn't be
surprised. I dont' know how those two are not ashamed to go out in
public.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

If she bought something by mistake, she should have told the checkout
person who was standing right there and who would have cancelled the
sale and taken the food back. Pork chops are going to be in a plastic
sealed tray, right?

It's not uncommon for a cashier to send a customer to the manager once
the sale has been finalized. It keeps the line from being slowed down,
and it adds a bit of extra work for someone who wants to return an item.

Okay, once, something
happened and I had to start all over, and they did make me go to the
return/customer service counter to do it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:33:29 AM UTC-4, kelown wrote:
If she bought something by mistake, she should have told the checkout
person who was standing right there and who would have cancelled the
sale and taken the food back. Pork chops are going to be in a plastic
sealed tray, right?

It's not uncommon for a cashier to send a customer to the manager once
the sale has been finalized. It keeps the line from being slowed down,
and it adds a bit of extra work for someone who wants to return an item.
Okay, once, something
happened and I had to start all over, and they did make me go to the
return/customer service counter to do it.

That's what they do at the main supermarket I go to. Once you're rung up,
you're done and if there is a price problem, etc you have to go to customer
service. I'd be surprised if Costco cashiers would do it either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

That's what they do at the main supermarket I go to. Once you're rung up,
you're done and if there is a price problem, etc you have to go to customer
service. I'd be surprised if Costco cashiers would do it either.

I've had a few cases when the checker forgot to check coupons I had, and
told me to go to customer service.

It's often a coupon good for at least a month on an item I buy
regularly, so it'd be a lot easier to use the coupon next time.

Some people are too THIS-oriented.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"You can run from yourself, but you won't get far. Where ever you go,
there you are."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 00:09:08 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

And I read Scott's reply to Techhie. Only techie is a big enough pig to
suspect EBT when not a word you said implied that.

Hey Mickey (sic) it's Tekkie. Where did I give any indication in my post of any
racial or any class of people? Post it.

This is a typical woke post to cancel someone who disagrees with them. In my
experience it is usually the pot calling the kettle black. You have already
posted that you would like to kill people that don't fit your narrative. You
should be "red flagged" immediately and noted that you are a race baiting fool.

Somebody pass this along to Mickey (sic) because he has me plonked. He can't
handle the truth and won't open his mind up to opposing thoughts.

Come on Mickey (sic) my email is valid; contact me.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 11:26:14 -0500, Mark Lloyd posted for all of us to
digest...

Some people are too THIS-oriented.

I don't understand, I'm an old fart. Email or reply. Thx

--
Tekkie