DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher not draining...help!!! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/68598-dishwasher-not-draining-help.html)

KenDoo September 10th 04 01:09 AM

Dishwasher not draining...help!!!

9 yr old GE potscrubber isn't draining. Easy/Cheap fix or should I replace?
Thanks for any advice.

Edwin Pawlowski September 10th 04 01:45 AM

"KenDoo" wrote in message
9 yr old GE potscrubber isn't draining. Easy/Cheap fix or should I
replace?
Thanks for any advice.

Could be somlething as simple as a clog in the drain pipe. Had a simila
problem years ago with a cherry pit in the pump outlet.

Cold be the pump not working or the solenoid valve that opens the drain line
not working.

You can do some checking at www.repairclinic.com They also sell the parts
so you can get an idea of the prices. A new machine is $400 to $1400.
Before you invest in parts, examine the interior. If things seem sound, a
$50 repair is a good deal. If the racks are rusting and falling apart, if it
no longer cleans well, best to invest in new.

Marc Newman September 10th 04 01:18 PM

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:09:20 GMT, "KenDoo" wrote:

9 yr old GE potscrubber isn't draining. Easy/Cheap fix or should I replace?
Thanks for any advice.

The drain may just be clogged. Disconnect the power and unscrew the
cover underneath the heating element. A knife or fork may be caught
and creating the blockage. If this doesn't help it may be the pump
that's bad and not worth replacing on a 9 year old machine.

PrecisionMachinisT September 10th 04 04:03 PM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"KenDoo" wrote in message
9 yr old GE potscrubber isn't draining. Easy/Cheap fix or should I
replace?
Thanks for any advice.

Could be somlething as simple as a clog in the drain pipe. Had a simila
problem years ago with a cherry pit in the pump outlet.

Cold be the pump not working or the solenoid valve that opens the drain

line
not working.

Ive never seen one having a drain soledoid valve, but many dishwashers have
a small checkvalve in the drain line that can easily clog--it will be in the
drain fitting right next to the pump.

--

SVL

Edwin Pawlowski September 10th 04 04:23 PM

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message
Ive never seen one having a drain soledoid valve, but many dishwashers
have
a small checkvalve in the drain line that can easily clog--it will be in
the
drain fitting right next to the pump.

Designs may have changed, but my old Kitchen Aid had one.

Bennett Price September 10th 04 05:55 PM

Marc Newman wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:09:20 GMT, "KenDoo" wrote:

9 yr old GE potscrubber isn't draining. Easy/Cheap fix or should I replace?
Thanks for any advice.

The drain may just be clogged. Disconnect the power and unscrew the
cover underneath the heating element. A knife or fork may be caught
and creating the blockage. If this doesn't help it may be the pump
that's bad and not worth replacing on a 9 year old machine.

And also check the antisiphon valve on top of the sink. If it's clogged
the washer won't drain properly.