Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorry, Fauci, Johns Hopkins Doctor Declares We're Close to COVID HerdImmunity

Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic. He lobbed a grenade into the tent by declaring that well have herd immunity by April. In fact, he said by the
end of April, COVID wont really be a big deal. this was heavily disputed by folks far less qualified, but the panic peddlers had to combat this
somehow. It goes against their entire narrative of us living under the authoritarian yoke of the lab coats€”who know nothing.

What Makary knows is that with the data we have now, €śAbout 1 in 600 Americans has died of Covid-19, which translates to a population fatality rate of
about 0.15%. The Covid-19 infection fatality rate is about 0.23%.€ť By that count, he estimates that two-thirds of the country already had the virus;
the survival rate is 90+ percent by the way. With natural immunity, plus vaccinations soaring past 100 million by now, his estimate of herd immunity
isnt nuts. He said his colleagues didnt necessarily think his projection was off but didnt want to say anything to avoid impacting the vaccination
rate. Thats precisely wrong. Medical professionals should proclaim good medical progress, especially during a pandemic. This prediction was made in
late February when COVID cases had dropped 77 percent. Texas nixed its mask mandate. Three weeks later, cases are still dropping.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...it-it-n2587026

I guess the software company that stood to make billions from a vaccine passport app just lost their big contract. LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oliver George wrote

Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of
Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to
bring reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.

He's actually been pushing his own barrow.

He lobbed a grenade into the tent by declaring that well have herd
immunity by April. In fact, he said by the end of April, COVID wont
really be a big deal.

Mindlessly silly, you watch.

this was heavily disputed by folks far less qualified, but the panic
peddlers had to combat this somehow.

No one is panicking, just advocating sensible policy.

It goes against their entire narrative of us living under the
authoritarian yoke of the lab coats€”

Even sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

who know nothing.

How odd that the vaccines have been produced so quickly.

What Makary knows is that with the data we have now, €śAbout 1 in 600
Americans has died of Covid-19, which translates to a population fatality
rate of about 0.15%.

Which means 600K dead who didnt need to be.

The Covid-19 infection fatality rate is about 0.23%.€ť By that count, he
estimates that two-thirds of the country already had the virus;

We know that they havent.

the survival rate is 90+ percent by the way.

Pity about those who it killed and those who
experiences an obscene level of disease and
those stuck with long covid.

With natural immunity, plus vaccinations soaring past 100 million by now,
his estimate of herd immunity isnt nuts.

Corse it is.

He said his colleagues didnt necessarily think his projection was off but
didnt want to say anything to avoid impacting the vaccination rate.

Even sillier.

Thats precisely wrong. Medical professionals should proclaim good medical
progress, especially during a pandemic.

Not when what is needed is most vaccinating.

This prediction was made in late February when COVID cases had dropped 77
percent.

Still getting 1K deaths a week.

Texas nixed its mask mandate. Three weeks later, cases are still dropping.

Because so many are getting vaccinated, stupid.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...it-it-n2587026

I guess the software company that stood to make billions from a vaccine
passport app just lost their big contract. LOL

Guess again, fool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote
Oliver George wrote

And is JUST a surgeon who clearly knows **** all about pandemics.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2021 6:44 PM, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of
Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to
bring reason and logic to the COVID pandemic. He lobbed a grenade into
the tent by declaring that well have herd immunity by April. In fact,
he said by the end of April, COVID wont really be a big deal. this was
heavily disputed by folks far less qualified, but the panic peddlers had
to combat this somehow. It goes against their entire narrative of us
living under the authoritarian yoke of the lab coats€”who know nothing.

I guess the software company that stood to make billions from a vaccine
passport app just lost their big contract.Â* LOL

April is two days away. I did see the news tonight and still many cases
every day and many deaths. So, in two days it drops to zero? Yeah,
sounds good.

I go for my second shot next Monday. Guess I won't need it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:12:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

I was finally eligible to register this afternoon here in Waterloo
Region. In like Flynn - including being on the call-in list for a shot
if they have leftover doses at the end of the day. My wife gets hers
Thursday afternoon - and neither of us will get the Astro-Zenica.

The third wave is here - I expect we will be under another "reset
lockdown" for the month of April and by the end of June we will have
enough vaccines in arms to allow the summer to return to something
roughly approximate to normalcy. Hoping the developed world, at
least, will be open for travel by spring 2022.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 10:02:24 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH yet more of the abnormal trolling senile pest's latest troll****
unread

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.

When are you going to learn that not all doctors are equally authoritative?

Marty Makary is an oncologist, not an epidemiologist.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 10:12:21 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

April is two days away. I did see the news tonight and still many cases
every day and many deaths. So, in two days it drops to zero? Yeah,
sounds good.

"You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat €” as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April."

"The Former Guy", on February 10, 2020.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/21 5:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.

When are you going to learn that not all doctors are equally authoritative?

Marty Makary is an oncologist, not an epidemiologist.

Cindy Hamilton

But the story was reported up by a libtard reporter on a libtard news outlet...how much proof do you need?

You want the story co-signed and notarized by a purple-haired fact checker?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic. He lobbed a grenade into the tent by declaring that well have herd immunity by April. In fact, he said by the
end of April, COVID wont really be a big deal.

That seems very unlikely given that Covid cases are increasing right now in most
states. And that there are plenty of fools, spurred on by statements like this, that
refuse to wear masks and social distance and instead engage in risky behavior.

this was heavily disputed by folks far less qualified, but the panic peddlers had to combat this
somehow. It goes against their entire narrative of us living under the authoritarian yoke of the lab coats€”who know nothing.

It's most directly disputed by the charts of Covid infection that are rising, accelerating.
And they are already at high rates. Reversing that trend and getting it down to low
levels in 30 days, isn't going to happen. Maybe his name really is Dr. Malarkey?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2021 6:42 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/31/21 5:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary
of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals
trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.

When are you going to learn that not all doctors are equally
authoritative?

Marty Makary is an oncologist, not an epidemiologist.

Cindy Hamilton

But the story was reported up by a libtard reporter on a libtard news
outlet...how much proof do you need?

You want the story co-signed and notarized by a purple-haired fact checker?

Yes. Given the quantity and quality of much information, it should be
checked by a couple of people that know something about the subject.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/21 5:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. Theyll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary
of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals
trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.
When are you going to learn that not all doctors are equally
authoritative?

Marty Makary is an oncologist, not an epidemiologist.

Cindy Hamilton

But the story was reported up by a libtard reporter on a libtard news
outlet...how much proof do you need?

You want the story co-signed and notarized by a purple-haired fact checker?

Yes. Given the quantity and quality of much information, it should be
checked by a couple of people that know something about the subject.

Especially when the source is an oncologist. Reminds me of Trump's radiologist
that he was having put out statements and listening to for advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 5:44:28 PM UTC-5, Oliver George wrote:
[...]

Close enough guess but likely wrong,

the government has thousands of programmers who could write something like that in their sleep, and many agencies that would likely be delegated the task

also many countries outside of the US will be requiring documentation to prove vaccination,

sorry no luxury vacation for you!

mk5000

Yet scientists are required to back up their claims not with private feelings but with publicly checkable evidence. Their experiments must have rigorous controls to eliminate spurious effects. And statistical analysis eliminates the suspicion (or at least measures the likelihood) that the apparent effect might have happened by chance alone.
Paranormal phenomena have a habit of going away whenever they are tested under rigorous conditions. --
Richard Dawkins "Human gullibility beyond belief,€” the €śparanormal€ť in the media". The Sunday Times. 1996-08-25.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 02:24:07 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. They’ll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.

When are you going to learn that not all doctors are equally authoritative?

Marty Makary is an oncologist, not an epidemiologist.

Cindy Hamilton

You mean "Marty Malarkey"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/21 5:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:44:28 PM UTC-4, Oliver George wrote:
Oh, they hate him. They’ll hate him even more now. Dr. Marty Makary
of Johns Hopkins has been one of the lone medical professionals
trying to bring
reason and logic to the COVID pandemic.
When are you going to learn that not all doctors are equally
authoritative?

Marty Makary is an oncologist, not an epidemiologist.

Cindy Hamilton

But the story was reported up by a libtard reporter on a libtard news
outlet...how much proof do you need?

You want the story co-signed and notarized by a purple-haired fact checker?

Yes. Given the quantity and quality of much information, it should be
checked by a couple of people that know something about the subject.

Speaking of that, just heard on the radio that the Biden EPA has fired a
couple of the EPA science advisors because they didn't know much abou
the topics, and they're going to hire new, better ones.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/epa-envi...163136942.html
Kris Holt
Kris Holt·Contributing Writer
Wed., March 31, 2021, 12:31 p.m.·1 min read

The Environmental Protection Agency is dropping dozens of external
science advisors appointed under former president Donald Trump.
Administrator Michael Regan says the decision to reset two major
advisory panels will reduce industry influence on environmental rules
and bolster the importance of science within the EPA.

Regan is clearing out more than 40 outside researchers from the Science
Advisory Board (SAB) and Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee
(CASAC). The EPA is opening up applications for both panels and the
advisors who Regan swept out are able to reapply.

“Scientific integrity is one of EPA’s foundational values — and as
administrator, I am committed to ensuring that every decision we make
meets rigorous scientific standards,” Regan said in a statement.
“Resetting these two scientific advisory committees will ensure the
agency receives the best possible scientific insight to support our work
to protect human health and the environment.”

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/21 5:24 AM, wrote:
[...]

Especially since mathematics is so important to epidemiology, and with
oncology I think all you have to know that is mathematical is that
cancers grow at different rates. The math for disease transmission,
herd immunity, etc. is much more complicated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/21 5:24 AM, wrote:
[...]

That's not accurate. You also need to know how effective
particular cancer treatments are from the clinical stats.

The math for disease transmission, herd
immunity, etc. is much more complicated.

That's very arguable too.

But yes, his prediction of when the USA will have herd immunity is stupid.

As are lots of his other stuff not about covid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:41:14 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Trust me,

NOBODY ever trusts a gossiping washerwoman!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:55:09 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH yet more of the trolling senile asshole's troll**** unread

--
"Anonymous" to trolling senile Rodent Speed:
little ignorant ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman writes:
On 03/31/2021 12:10 PM, marika wrote:
the government has thousands of programmers who could write something like that in their sleep, and many agencies that would likely be delegated the task

Trust me,

I'm sorry, but I decline.

the government would be lucky to have a dozen programmers who
can write anything in their sleep.

You're delusional.