DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A great man (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/685469-great-man.html)

micky March 14th 21 04:43 AM

A great man

Lincoln, Divided We Stand, on CNN. Not sure how easy it is to find
and play these things.

Lincoln has worked for weeks on his inagural speech, one designed to
keep the rest of the south from seceding, and to also not antagonize his
Republican base.

He was willing to accept a Constituional amendment that would prevent
the national government from prohibiting slavery. etc.

But that is not my point. He dressed to the nine's for the
inauguration, with a cane and a top hat. When he got to the "balcony"
he found a place for his cane, but there was no good place to put his
hat.

What happened. Sen. Steven Douglass, his long time rival and the one
he'd defeated for president, arose and came over to him and said "I'll
hold your hat." **

What a difference from Donny Trump.

** I wonder if that phrase arose from this event, or earlier, or
unrelated.

Tekkie© March 16th 21 07:46 PM

A great man

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 23:43:59 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

WTF does this have to do with this group?

--
Tekkie

Rod Speed March 16th 21 08:35 PM

A great man

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

[...]

What the **** did your comments on the virus and masks have to do with this
group ?

Peeler[_4_] March 16th 21 09:08 PM

Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 07:35:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

WTF does this have to do with this group?

What the **** did your comments on the virus and masks have to do with this
group ?

What the **** do you obnoxious trolling Australian pig have to do with a
humans only ng, you abnormal senile swine?

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID: