Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We're almost there.

The vaccines are here. 25% of the US population has at least one shot.

We're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel.

That's why we should end all those annoying, burdensome restrictions.

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop all
this stuff.

Look at it this way. When I take a 1000-mile trip and I'm 800 miles
along, I know I'm almost there. So I don't waste time stopping to put
air in the tires, or checking the oil. I stop buying gas, I don't use
the wipers anymore even when it rains. Even the oil light isn't worth
stopping for. Because it's inconvenient and we're almost there and none
of that stuff matters anymore.

So isn't it obvious? it's the same with masks and crowded parties.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In micky writes:

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop all
this stuff.

Look at it this way. When I take a 1000-mile trip and I'm 800 miles
along, I know I'm almost there.

Reasonable analogy, but we're only 150 miles along.

(yeah, I know it's different in different areas and
with differnet groups).

I'd say wait another month, and then it's off to Dollywood we go!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 2:14:33 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The vaccines are here. 25% of the US population has at least one shot.

We're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel.

That's why we should end all those annoying, burdensome restrictions.

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop all
this stuff.

No. I'm content to wear mask a mask at the grocery store, the only
person I want to get within 6 feet of is my husband, and I'd pay a
tidy sum not to travel--pandemic or no pandemic.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 13 Mar 2021 19:24:53 +0000 (UTC), danny
burstein wrote:

In micky writes:

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop all
this stuff.

Look at it this way. When I take a 1000-mile trip and I'm 800 miles
along, I know I'm almost there.

Reasonable analogy, but we're only 150 miles along.

And if we were 800 miles out of a 1000, it would still be too early to
stop buying gas, using the wipers, minding the oil light.

But that's the way some people out there are sure to behave, because
there is a vaccine, even if they and the people they know haven't gotten
it yet.

(yeah, I know it's different in different areas and
with differnet groups).

I'd say wait another month, and then it's off to Dollywood we go!

I say September, if we're lucky.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/13/21 11:46 PM, micky wrote:
And if we were 800 miles out of a 1000, it would still be too early to
stop buying gas, using the wipers, minding the oil light.

But that's the way some people out there are sure to behave, because
there is a vaccine, even if they and the people they know haven't gotten
it yet.

America's masktards have been duped by the leftist propaganda.

Liberate yourself by tearing off your nose bra.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/21 6:34 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 3/13/21 11:46 PM, micky wrote:
And if we were 800 miles out of a 1000, it would still be too early to
stop buying gas, using the wipers, minding the oil light.

But that's the way some people out there are sure to behave, because
there is a vaccine, even if they and the people they know haven't gotten
it yet.

America's masktards have been duped by the leftist propaganda.

Liberate yourself by tearing off your nose bra.

What an empty vapid meaningless life you must lead if this is the
battle you chose to fight ;-)

--
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult
- Yiddish proverb
Posted to alt.home.repair

burstein wrote:

In micky writes:

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop all
this stuff.

Look at it this way. When I take a 1000-mile trip and I'm 800 miles
along, I know I'm almost there.

Reasonable analogy, but we're only 150 miles along.

And if we were 800 miles out of a 1000, it would still be too early to
stop buying gas, using the wipers, minding the oil light.

But that's the way some people out there are sure to behave, because
there is a vaccine, even if they and the people they know haven't gotten
it yet.

The tragic and stupid part is that some of those people are governors.
In Texas for example, the governor removed the requirement for masks.
One city, think it was Austin, issued a requirement to continue wearing them
there. The Republican AG is going to court to try to stop it. So now in TX,
responsible businesses, eg Walmart are in a terrible position. They still are
doing what's right, requiring masks, but Trumptards are showing up, saying
it's illegal, I don't have to wear one, threatening them, causing police calls,
etc.

Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

burstein wrote:

In micky writes:

[...]

If you want to wear Depends on your face, go ahead.Â* No one is stopping you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

burstein wrote:

In micky writes:

Masks, anti-social distancing, no travel. The time is now to stop all
this stuff.

Look at it this way. When I take a 1000-mile trip and I'm 800 miles
along, I know I'm almost there.

Reasonable analogy, but we're only 150 miles along.

And if we were 800 miles out of a 1000, it would still be too early to
stop buying gas, using the wipers, minding the oil light.

But that's the way some people out there are sure to behave, because
there is a vaccine, even if they and the people they know haven't gotten
it yet.

The tragic and stupid part is that some of those people are governors.
In Texas for example, the governor removed the requirement for masks.
One city, think it was Austin, issued a requirement to continue wearing them
there. The Republican AG is going to court to try to stop it. So now in TX,

Judge allows Austin-area mask order to continue 2 more weeks
On Friday, though, state District Judge Lora Livingston denied Paxton’s
request for a temporary restraining order and scheduled the March 26
hearing on his request for a temporary injunction. Livingston said the
state had given the local officials insufficient time to prepare their
case.
https://apnews.com/article/ken-paxto...62a0070f9fb1b0

District judge denies Ken Paxton's temporary restraining order on
Austin-area mask mandates
Livingston said she believes both sides of the aisle need more time to
prepare. An injunction hearing has been set for March 26.

The first one and two lines of the text above is the headline.
Interesting how one emphasizes "continu" and the other "denies".

responsible businesses, eg Walmart are in a terrible position. They still are
doing what's right, requiring masks, but Trumptards are showing up, saying
it's illegal, I don't have to wear one, threatening them, causing police calls,
etc.

This one is a goodie:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ton-bank-mask/

Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Most of the spring break destinations did not see a surge last year.
We kept waiting and it didn't happen. The only places with trouble
were the same New Jersey/New York dominated destinations that had the
problem before the spring break. (Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach).
If the virus was as prevalent as you say, the Gulf Coast beaches,
prime spring break locations for anyone not coming down I-95, would
have been slammed. The fact is the midwest didn't get hit until the
virus got loose in the packing houses and other agricultural
operations, mostly staffed by 3d world people. They don't typically
show up for spring break.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/13/21 10:46 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

I'd say wait another month, and then it's off to Dollywood we go!

I say September, if we're lucky.

Halloween 2020, I didn't open the door but put out a sign saying "Please
take something from the bowls". There was also some fine print (which I
didn't really expect anyone to read) saying "I hope I won't need this
sign next year".

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Time that I enjoy wasting is not wasted time" -- T.S.Eliot
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 3:06:07 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 3/13/21 10:46 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]
I'd say wait another month, and then it's off to Dollywood we go!

I say September, if we're lucky.

Halloween 2020, I didn't open the door but put out a sign saying "Please
take something from the bowls". There was also some fine print (which I
didn't really expect anyone to read) saying "I hope I won't need this
sign next year".

--

Great story! hope it comes true

mk5000

All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.---Woodrow Wilson
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 13:33:40 -0400, micky
wrote:

wrote:

Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Most of the spring break destinations did not see a surge last year.
We kept waiting and it didn't happen. The only places with trouble
were the same New Jersey/New York dominated destinations that had the
problem before the spring break. (Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach).
If the virus was as prevalent as you say, the Gulf Coast beaches,
prime spring break locations for anyone not coming down I-95, would
have been slammed.

Maybe, maybe not. There was much less virus around then.

The fact is the midwest didn't get hit until the
virus got loose in the packing houses and other agricultural

Exactly. That was my point in the previous sentence.

operations, mostly staffed by 3d world people. They don't typically
show up for spring break.

We shall see if your implied conclusion comes true.

I seem to be the only one who is willing to wait and see how it will
go. The total deniers say nothing will happen and the hard core Branch
Covidians say another 100,000 will die. My guess is spring will bring
a little bump in the numbers but nothing like last year.
I still think there is a lot more immunity out there than some
believe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 15:06:01 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 3/13/21 10:46 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

I'd say wait another month, and then it's off to Dollywood we go!

I say September, if we're lucky.

Halloween 2020, I didn't open the door but put out a sign saying "Please
take something from the bowls". There was also some fine print (which I
didn't really expect anyone to read) saying "I hope I won't need this
sign next year".

I had exactly one group of kids on Halloween, total 4 kids. I could
have given them all a big Whitman Sampler box of chocolates and not
been out that much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yep, you actually are that stupid. It makes a lot more
sense to not allow it this year until most are vaccinated.

The total deniers say nothing will happen

And plenty of those will die like last time.

and the hard core Branch Covidians say another
100,000 will die. My guess is spring will bring a

little bump in the numbers but nothing like last year.

If that's true, it will be because plenty have got vaccinated.

I still think there is a lot more immunity out there than some believe.

Yep, you always have been that terminal a ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well it's up to 534 thousand now. It was 500K just a little while ago.

Another 56K or 100K doesn't seem unlikely to me and I'm neither Branch
Dividian or hardcore.

My guess is spring will bring
a little bump in the numbers but nothing like last year.
I still think there is a lot more immunity out there than some
believe.

There are bound to be those who caught it but didn't show symptoms and
haven't been tested because they've seen no point to that. I have no
way of knowing how many that is. It could be a lot, or a little.

If I spent a lot of time studying where cases were high and what the
spread was in those places versus those where it was low, and I knew
more math, and maybe had some epidemiological mathematical packages on
my computer, I could do a lot better, but I don't' have or do any of
that.

There are an unknown number who, if I heard the story right, are
naturally, or almost, immune. They had a guy on the radio who had so
many antibodies if they diluted it by 1000, it was still more than
enough, and I think they said he hadn't been exposed (but maybe not to
that part.)

Yes, the disease will hit first and be noticeable in those vulnerable to
it, and eventually it may be clear that there was a lot more immunity
than expected, but otoh, that might just be hope.

We shall see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 14:46:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

Not so stupid as to get up every night between 1 and 4 am just to be able to
pester people on newsgroups as you keep doing, you abnormal sociopathic
senile swine!

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

burstein wrote:
In micky writes:

[...]

But, who can get through to those Texas big oil republicans? I bet when that attorney was lying in his bed while it was just 10 degrees, he probably started finally considering what the schools and colleges told him about green energy. Instead of fighting it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2021 10:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The tragic and stupid part is that some of those people are governors.
In Texas for example, the governor removed the requirement for masks.
One city, think it was Austin, issued a requirement to continue wearing them
there. The Republican AG is going to court to try to stop it. So now in TX,
responsible businesses, eg Walmart are in a terrible position. They still are
doing what's right, requiring masks, but Trumptards are showing up, saying
it's illegal, I don't have to wear one, threatening them, causing police calls,
etc.

Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Thinning the herd. The young people on break don't catch it nearly as
fast but can take it home for their older parents. Given the number of
people flying into the break areas I'd avoid any airport or bus station.

Posted to alt.home.repair

burstein wrote:
In micky writes:

[...]

Green energy had very little to offer here. Their windmills were down
too and if the wires coming to your house are down, it doesn't matter
how the power is generated. Even having the current darling, a grid
attached solar array would not help because without the grid to clock
the inverter you get nothing.
Adding stand alone capability gets pretty expensive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:23:42 -0400, Heywood wrote:

[...]

I doubt anyone will miss you. TSA is reporting traffic at pre pandemic
levels and our beaches are packed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

burstein wrote:
In micky writes:

[...]

That's bull**** with the best inverters.

Adding stand alone capability gets pretty expensive.

More bull****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 09:50:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 09:50:14 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

burstein wrote:
In micky writes:

[...]

Again you are just wrong but rock on.
A stand alone system requires transfer equipment and batteries.
You also may not get the government subsidy. That subsidy is the main
thing that makes this affordable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/21 10:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Democrats are two-faced.

For example, Michigan's hypocritical governor doesn't have a problem violating her own travel orders.Â* Yet another example of "Rules for thee but not for me."

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...cism-maddening

Cruella de Whitmer obviously doesn't believe her own Fauci-19 virus propaganda.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 07:21:16 -0400, jimmy
wrote:

On 3/14/21 10:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Florida is another good example, Spring Break (again) in the midst of Covid
denial.

Democrats are two-faced.

For example, Michigan's hypocritical governor doesn't have a problem violating her own travel orders.Â* Yet another example of "Rules for thee but not for me."

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...cism-maddening

Cruella de Whitmer obviously doesn't believe her own Fauci-19 virus propaganda.

The spring break thing was overblown too. Our spike was in Miami/Ft
Lauderdale, not big spring break venues these days. The real spike
where it always is, in Miami and that was driven by adults from NY/NJ
that came down there for the night life, not the beach. The beach
communities that the spring break kids go to did not see that big a
spike and certainly nothing that taxed their medical infrastructure,
no matter how much it was hyped.