Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2 door cars safer

"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

Side-impact safety: 2 doors vs 4 doors
GTPlanet - Dec 21, 2005
-- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/12/2021 12:34 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

Side-impact safety: 2 doors vs 4 doors
GTPlanet - Dec 21, 2005
-- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/

I'd still by the one that suits my needs otherwise. If you are
concerned about safety, just don't ride with or near Tiger Woods. The
GV80 he was driving had 10 air bags, that can make a big difference.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bruce bowser wrote

"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't
have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the
whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

But are ****ed access wise. And mine has 5 doors and is just
as safe as a 2 door because it has been designed right.

--
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:34:49 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

Side-impact safety: 2 doors vs 4 doors
GTPlanet - Dec 21, 2005
-- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/

So I guess my husband's FJ Cruiser with the suicide door was a bad move...

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:53 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SIX HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 07:35:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

07:35 in Australia??? And you've been up and trolling since 01:06, you
subnormal senile troll from Oz! Do you know NO shame AT ALL?

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 12 Mar 2021 14:50:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 3/12/2021 12:34 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

Side-impact safety: 2 doors vs 4 doors
GTPlanet - Dec 21, 2005
-- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/

I'd still by the one that suits my needs otherwise. If you are
concerned about safety, just don't ride with or near Tiger Woods. The
GV80 he was driving had 10 air bags, that can make a big difference.

Yeah, I think it had an airbag between the left and right seats. Didn't
even know they made that.

I also read that it's a dangerous spot, another woman rolled over there
a while back. Of course that doesn't stop 1000's of people a day from
driving by without trouble/

Like you, I get the car I like. I DO have a 2-door car, but otoh it
has barely any roof, none in the summer time. My plan is to not roll
over, so I don't drive next to cliffs or downward slopes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/12/21 3:42 PM, wrote:
On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:34:49 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

Side-impact safety: 2 doors vs 4 doors
GTPlanet - Dec 21, 2005
-- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/

So I guess my husband's FJ Cruiser with the suicide door was a bad move...

Cindy Hamilton

Depends how you feel about your husband, eh what ;-)

--
Name one time in human history when the group seeking to ban books and
censor speech were the good guys. I'll wait...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 3:42:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:34:49 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash."

Side-impact safety: 2 doors vs 4 doors
GTPlanet - Dec 21, 2005
-- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...4-doors.74452/

So I guess my husband's FJ Cruiser with the suicide door was a bad move...

A 2-door SUV might be better.