DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I don't want to (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/685222-i-dont-want.html)

micky February 27th 21 04:09 PM

I don't want to

A few days ago, the governor of Florida iirc declared that state or
government flags should be lowered to half-mast for the death of ...
guess...

Rush Limbaugh

Amazing in the first place.

And Palm Beach County would not do it.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] February 27th 21 04:49 PM

I don't want to

On 2/27/2021 11:09 AM, micky wrote:
A few days ago, the governor of Florida iirc declared that state or
government flags should be lowered to half-mast for the death of ...
guess...

Rush Limbaugh

Amazing in the first place.

And Palm Beach County would not do it.

Many would not do it.
https://www.wesh.com/article/flags-f...augh/35606317#

Before the announcement that the order wouldn't be statewide, Florida
Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried said she was telling all state
offices under her direction to disregard Gov. Ron DeSantis' direction to
lower flags to half-staff for Limbaugh.

[email protected] February 27th 21 06:51 PM

I don't want to

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:09:03 -0500, micky
wrote:

A few days ago, the governor of Florida iirc declared that state or
government flags should be lowered to half-mast for the death of ...
guess...

Rush Limbaugh

Amazing in the first place.

And Palm Beach County would not do it.

I agree it is a dumb idea but a lot of these "half staff" orders are
silly. It used to mean something, now it is just a popularity contest
prize. I imagine the deep red areas will be lowering the flag and
hanging black crepe but it will be far from universal.
This is just another useless distraction.
Next thing you know we will be lowering the flag because they killed
Kenny.