Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Money Laundering

Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 10:08:09 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Do you have an iron?

Or you could put them in a 200 F oven for, say, 15 minutes.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2021 10:08 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Wife bought me a small UV sterilizing wand. Googled a similar one up
but do not think she even paid that much for it.

https://modrnworld.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ... BEgJ-M_D_BwE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2021 10:20 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/24/2021 10:08 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather
than cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I
had to pay cash and received change- five bills of different
denominations in US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Wife bought me a small UV sterilizing wand.Â* Googled a similar one up
but do not think she even paid that much for it.

https://modrnworld.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ... BEgJ-M_D_BwE

This is the one she bought me:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...gclsrc=aw .ds
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 10:08:02 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.
I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

My method has worked so far for me :
- I take the bills - put them in my wallet -
and I simply leave them there for a week
or two or three.
.. if the moths die - I'll start to worry !
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 10:17:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 10:08:09 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Do you have an iron?

Or you could put them in a 200 F oven for, say, 15 minutes.

Cindy Hamilton

That sounds like a good method. I've used cash occasionally and haven't done
anything special with it. I just put it in my pocket. If I need to use it, then I'm
going to be purchasing something, having to use hand sanitizer, etc. And
I don't put my hand into my pocket and then eat a sandwich or pick my nose,
so I think I'm safe.

I have a friend in his 70s, he's worried about vegetables, hasn't bought any
fresh ones since Covid. I go to the green market about once every two weeks.
Things like avocados, apples, tomatoes, I put into a bowl with a bleach solution
for 5 or 10 minutes, then rinse. Things in a plastic bag, like carrots or romaine,
I spray the bag with a bleach solution, let it sit awhile and then rinse off and
dry in the dishwasher rack. But I'd bet that this route of transmission is really
very small. And almost all that stuff sits around for awhile before consumed too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett wrote

Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in US
currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.

You dont have to do anything special, just leave them for a couple of
weeks.

Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 10:08:09 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Do you have an iron?

Or you could put them in a 200 F oven for, say, 15 minutes.

Dont need to do anything, just leave them in the bag for a couple of weeks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/21 10:08 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

While wearing latex gloves, deposit them into your bank's ATM.

Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:
On 2/24/21 10:08 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

While wearing latex gloves, deposit them into your bank's ATM.

Or, just wash your hands frequently and don't touch your face.

The likelyhood of virus transmission from currency is close to zero.

"Banknotes can be ironed (preferably steam press) with
temperature set between the 'silk' and 'rayon' setting (~148°C to 190°C).

Such high temperatures would be expected to kill the SARS-CoV-2 as the
virus gets readily inactivated at a temperature of 70°C.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How is touching money worst than touching your credit card? I'd say you need therapy and not sanitizing.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-3100502-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Karen1277 wrote

How is touching money worst than touching your credit card?

Only you touch your credit card.

I'd say you need therapy and not sanitizing.

More fool you.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-3100502-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/21 12:31 PM, Karen1277 wrote:
How is touching money worst than touching your credit card?Â*Â* I'd say
you need therapy and not sanitizing.

Thousands of folks have handled the bills before the clerk gives it to me.

The credit card, on the other hand, lives in my wallet where no one
touches it but me.

To pay, I either wave it near the POS terminal or touch one corner to
the lower left of the screen or worst case, insert it into the slot then
pull my disposable vinyl glove off inside out over it keeping card
inside and washing it when I get home.

As for therapy- why not, it wouldn't hurt.

You, OTOH, could use some re-education on good manners and not insulting
people ;-)

--
As much as Pooh missed Piglet, he really did enjoy that pulled pork
sandwich...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 04:35:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
"MID: .com"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Put them on the dash of your car if security is not an issue., Bake
them in the sun a few hours and they will be fine. OTOH running them
through the washer and dryer won't hurt them a bit. I used to find
money in the dryer all the time when my wife was out and about. She
just stuffed it in her pocket.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:45:26 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

I agree with you. I always wash my produce but after the initial
hysteria I am not doing anything special. I think the danger of E-coli
and other poop related contamination far outweighs Covid but the
protocol is pretty much the same. Any thing that is sealed in skin and
typically waxed gets a little spritz of soap and water. (apples,
oranges, tomatoes etc) I always take off the top layer of lettuce
leaves and toss them.
I am not that concerned with money either. I just be sure to wash my
hands after handling it. These days hand sanitizer is everywhere and I
keep one in the door pocket of my car.
I do think it is these basic precautions sanitary that is accounting
for a very mild cold and flu season. My wife and I have been doing
that for years tho. We wiped down anything we could touch from our
airplane seats as soon as we sat down 10 years ago. In 1st class that
gives you a pretty clean space.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

Leave them in the sun for 3 days and they will be fine. Up her in
Canada it's not a problem - our Canadian money is PLASTIC and as long
as you don't get it way too hot it's just fine - wash - lysol,
anything
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 17:31:00 +0000, Karen1277
wrote:

How is touching money worst than touching your credit card? I'd say you need therapy and not sanitizing.

Nobody else touches my credit card - and it doesn't even touch the
credit card machine. The beauty of modern technology!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:17:28 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 10:08:09 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

I had the opposite problem, paying cash when this first started, and
then wondering what to do with the change. Some of it I just left in my
car, covered by a newspaper, for several days. I figured everything
would die. Then I put it in my wallet.

But the signs went up asking for exact change or a cc. So I do that.

I think just waiting 4 days is good enough.

I'm not sure about the plastic bag. Probably a bad analogy but I keep
thinking of a wet bathing suit in a plastic bag, until it stinks. Do
viruses grow when confined?

Do you have an iron?

Or you could put them in a 200 F oven for, say, 15 minutes.

That would work, I think. Fahrenheit 451 reminds one of the burning
point of paper, I guess.

But I'd start with a one dollar bill, just to be sure.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How is touching money worst than touching your credit card? I'd say you need therapy and not sanitizing.

Nobody else touches my credit card - and it doesn't even touch the
credit card machine. The beauty of modern technology!!!

I got one of those in the mail a couple days ago, but not the card I
actually use. It expires in April so the new one will probably have
that.

Where is NFC on credit card?
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a wireless technology that allows data
to be exchanged between two different devices — say, a cellphone and a
credit card terminal — from a short distance away.

Or a phone, but I guess I'd have to get android pay or something to just
wave my phone, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

This one only grows inside animals and only a few species too.

Do you have an iron?

Or you could put them in a 200 F oven for, say, 15 minutes.

That would work, I think. Fahrenheit 451 reminds one of the burning
point of paper, I guess.

But I'd start with a one dollar bill, just to be sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How is touching money worst than touching your credit card? I'd say you
need therapy and not sanitizing.

Nobody else touches my credit card - and it doesn't even touch the
credit card machine. The beauty of modern technology!!!

I got one of those in the mail a couple days ago, but not the card I
actually use. It expires in April so the new one will probably have
that.

Where is NFC on credit card?

In the visible chip.

Near Field Communication (NFC) is a wireless technology that allows data
to be exchanged between two different devices - say, a cellphone and a
credit card terminal - from a short distance away.

Or a phone, but I guess I'd have to get android pay
or something to just wave my phone, right?

Yep, I use apple pay myself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 03:56:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2021 9:20 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
[...]

Reports now are that contact contagion is not the problem.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:48:20 -0500, posted for all of us
to digest...

On 2/24/21 10:08 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Since the pandemic started, I've used credit cards/Apple pay rather than
cash for my very few face-to-face transactions. But yesterday, I had to
pay cash and received change- five bills of different denominations in
US currency.

I put them into a plastic bag and am wondering how to sanitize them.
Various websites seem to recommend against the obvious- Lysol, Clorox
wipes, alcohol, soap and water.

While wearing latex gloves, deposit them into your bank's ATM.

Now dats funny!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:13:20 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

+1 Sanitizing paper money never crossed my mind.

Does the Covid neutralize the cocaine or is it the other way around?

Sensitive noses want to know!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:06:43 -0500, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:13:20 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

+1 Sanitizing paper money never crossed my mind.

Does the Covid neutralize the cocaine or is it the other way around?

Sensitive noses want to know!

That is a valid question. I have been away from the Peruvian Marching
Powder for about 40 years but the 2 main vehicles for nasal ingestion
was a plastic straw or a $100 bill. Now that they are banning plastic
straws and Covid has made the $100 bill a science fair project, what
is a #2 NBA draft pick to do? Oh the humanity!

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

No. Bacteria do. Virii canot duplicate themselves without a suitable
host.