Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Fake_snow=3f_Conspiracy_theory_claims_Texas_we ather_?=?B?4oCYZ292ZXJubWVudC1nZW5lcmF0ZWTigJk=?=

Spread of viral conspiracy theory videos on TikTok, Facebook and Twitter
claiming that the severe snow was actually fake and government
generated as part of a sinister plot instigated by shadowy elites,
presumably intentionally plunging Texas into its present state of chaos.

This goes out to our government and Bill Gates. Thank you Bill Gates
for trying to f***ing trick us that this is real snow, a woman says in
one video as she holds a cigarette lighter to a snowball over her
bathroom basin.

Youll see its not melting and its going to burn. Snow dont burn.
Snow f***ing melts. No water, no dripping, no nothing. If I put this
s*** in the microwave, its going to start sparking because theres
metal mixed in it.

In another clip, a girl gathers a snowball from her lawn and holds it
over a tealight candle observing the same phenomenon - that it doesnt
appear to melt but is charred black by the flame.

A number of other videos have cropped up on the same platforms with
titles like Need some explaining and Anyone played with the
government generated snow yet?

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/fake-snow-...151311503.html

Are these people on some strange kind of mind altering drug or
something? They are talking insane ********.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fake snow? Conspiracy theory claims Texas weather government-generated

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 08:29:14 +0000, Bod wrote:

[...]

These are the same people who think the moon landing is fake and pro
wrestling is real.

I'm sure you have your share of nuts over there too. We share a lot of
DNA. (particularly Texans)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Fake_snow=3f_Conspiracy_theory_claims_Te xas_weather?=?Q?_=c2=91government-generated=c2=92?=

On 23/02/2021 13:40, wrote:
[...]

Yes we have em, but not on the scale that the US has.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Re=3A_Fake_snow=3F_Conspiracy_theory_claims_Te xas_weathe?=?Q?r_government=2Dgenerated=E2=80=99?=

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/fake-snow-...51311503..html

Are these people on some strange kind of mind altering drug or
something? They are talking insane ********.

These are the same people who think the moon landing is fake and pro
wrestling is real.

I'm sure you have your share of nuts over there too. We share a lot of
DNA. (particularly Texans)

Yes we have em, but not on the scale that the US has.

This is some very real, serious stuff, with horrible consequences. Fretwell is
right, there have always been some whackos that claimed the Earth is flat,
that we didn't land on the moon. But it's orders of magnitude worse in the
last few years. Fifty years ago, how would these people share their crazy
conspiracy ideas? There was no ready means. I guess they could have had
newsletters and occasional meetings, but the internet has made it possible
to instantly spread this to a never ending audience of gullible people.
And Trump has given it a huge boost. Trump puts out lies, says the real news
is fake, that there is a "deep state" plotting against him and the country,
that the election was stolen, Bin Laden wasn't killed by the US.
Qanon takes that, amplifies it, puts in their own crazy claims and a lot of
people believe it. Trump is asked to denounce Qanon at the debate, he says,
he doesn't know much about them, except that they are very much against
pedophilia and that they like Trump. The pedo part shows that Trump does
know about Qanon. And he should, his own security agencies have said they
are a growing threat to national security. But they like Trump, they vote Trump,
so he's OK with them. The Q guy claimed to be a high level person in the
Trump administration, some of the Q people believe it's Trump himself.
Which again is why Trump needed to denounce this dangerous operation,
yet he refused.

This has lead to the end of many family's relationships, siblings no longer
speaking, marriages broken up, lifelong friends no longer seeing each
other because people have gone Qanon or similar crazy. And it's not just
ignorant, uneducated people either. Many are college educated, have
or had successful careers. Yet they believe one crazy thing after another
even though all the other predictions and claims never happened. They
claimed for years that Trump was going to have a "storm" when Hillary,
Hollywood people, deep state people, Democrats were all going to be
arrested for running a pedophilia ring. That never happened. But it did
lead to one of the crazy believers shooting up a DC pizza parlor, with people
inside, because he thought Hillary was running the ring from the basement
there. The place didn't even have a basement. They believed Biden was
wearing an ankle bracelet, Trump had arrested him, Trump would be
inaugurated, not Biden. That's why they stormed the Capitol, to help him.

Now they claim that Biden is a fake, a double, that Trump will be inaugurated
on Mar 4. You'd think when one thing after another turns out to be a lie,
people would wise up, but it doesn't work that way. I've read many stories
where husbands, brothers, friends have tried to reason with these people.
Like right now, they are telling them, OK, but if Mar 4 comes and nothing
happens, will you admit then that this has been wrong, that it's just BS?
Some agree to the metric, but almost all then find an excuse to ignore
what they agreed to and to keep on believing. I've read story after story
where people go to marriage counseling, that doesn't work. Finally some
give an ultimatum, it's either Qanon or I'm filing for divorce and they
choose divorce. Over and over you hear I just want my spouse, my brother,
my lifelong friend that I knew all these years back.