DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Icemaker ... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/685118-icemaker.html)

SNAG February 22nd 21 11:11 PM

Icemaker ...

The unit is the built-in ice-through-the-door unit in a GE side by
side . The problem is ice chunks from water seeping in OR the ice mold
overfilling . The big hunks break the plastic auger and make ice
delivery unreliable .
I replaced that water valve unit a year or so back and the problem
existed before that - the auger was already broken . So I'm thinking
that the ice mold is overfilling , not by much but just maybe a few
drops per cycle . Oh OK , easy fix he thinks , but NO ! I can't find any
means to adjust the fill amount like the older units had . Just pop the
cover off and twist a screw , but this one is made different .
Refr model is GSH25SGRE SS , icemaker unit WRX30X10093
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.

Dean Hoffman[_18_] February 22nd 21 11:59 PM

Icemaker ...

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 5:11:43 PM UTC-6, Snag wrote:
The unit is the built-in ice-through-the-door unit in a GE side by
side . The problem is ice chunks from water seeping in OR the ice mold
overfilling . The big hunks break the plastic auger and make ice
delivery unreliable .
I replaced that water valve unit a year or so back and the problem
existed before that - the auger was already broken . So I'm thinking
that the ice mold is overfilling , not by much but just maybe a few
drops per cycle . Oh OK , easy fix he thinks , but NO ! I can't find any
means to adjust the fill amount like the older units had . Just pop the
cover off and twist a screw , but this one is made different .
Refr model is GSH25SGRE SS , icemaker unit WRX30X10093
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.

Anything here?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=WRX30X10093+ice+maker

SNAG February 23rd 21 01:17 AM

Icemaker ...

On 2/22/2021 5:59 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
[...]

It appears I used the wrong search terms !

SNAG February 23rd 21 01:27 AM

Icemaker ...

[...]

Actually there are no adjustment videos , just replacements . I might
pull it out just to check it out more thoroughly .

trader_4 February 23rd 21 03:43 PM

Icemaker ...

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 8:27:42 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
[...]

How do these things typically control the fill amount? Just by time?
Then you'd think they would need a pressure regulator so that a unit
on a line with 30 PSI doesn't get too little and a line with 70 PSI
gets too much. Do they have such a thing?

Ralph Mowery[_3_] February 23rd 21 04:36 PM

Icemaker ...

In article ,
says...

How do these things typically control the fill amount? Just by time?
Then you'd think they would need a pressure regulator so that a unit
on a line with 30 PSI doesn't get too little and a line with 70 PSI
gets too much. Do they have such a thing?

I have no idea how they do it. However if you have a certain size hole
or pipe it reaches a point where no matter how much the pressure goes up
the flow will not. They may use a system similar to that.

Bob F February 23rd 21 04:52 PM

Icemaker ...

On 2/23/2021 8:36 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

How do these things typically control the fill amount? Just by time?
Then you'd think they would need a pressure regulator so that a unit
on a line with 30 PSI doesn't get too little and a line with 70 PSI
gets too much. Do they have such a thing?

I have no idea how they do it. However if you have a certain size hole
or pipe it reaches a point where no matter how much the pressure goes up
the flow will not. They may use a system similar to that.

Or they have a simple pressure regulator ahead of the dispenser.

Tekkie© February 23rd 21 07:35 PM

Icemaker ...

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:11:36 -0600, Snag posted for all of us to digest...

You MAY be able to find it he https://www.manuallib.com/ or
https://www.manualslib.com/ take note of the "s"

--
Tekkie

[email protected] February 24th 21 02:35 AM

Icemaker ...

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 07:43:35 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

I can't say about any other brand but Whirlpool (Kenmore, Amana etc)
simply use time. There is a contact in the head (the brown plastic
end) It makes as the timer gear goes through the harvest, refill
cycle. There is a screw sticking out that moves the contact to change
the closed time. Part of the initial setup is to adjust it for your
water pressure. There is no pressure regulator, just a solenoid valve.

SNAG February 24th 21 04:50 AM

Icemaker ...

wrote:

[...]

I have not yet found that screw on this unit ... I will be pulling it
out for a closer look in a few days when the new auger arrives . The
last few inches of the plastic vane is broken from the auger , I think
probably from big chunks of ice getting caught in it . I don't want to
break the new one the same way .