Barbara White

Default radon pump squealing

Hi, everyone,

Our radon pump was installed 11 years ago and recently started
squealing. It's a loud noise, so I want to take care of it.

The company that installed this pump no longer exists. There are
only a few radon-installation dealers in the area and they mostly
appear to handle radon problems for businesses.

I wonder whether this type of repair can be handled by other types
of home-repair companies. For example, do furnace repair companies
or plumbers fix radon pumps?
Edwin Pawlowski

"Barbara White" wrote in message
Hi, everyone,

Our radon pump was installed 11 years ago and recently started squealing.
It's a loud noise, so I want to take care of it.

I have no idea what a radon pump looks like but I'm sure there is a motor,
maybe a fan. Chances are the bearings are going. If it is a standard
motor, you may find a replacement motor at a place like Grainger.
www.grainger.com

Tom

http://www.infiltec.com/inf-fanr.htm Tom
Work at your leisure!
Thomas Pendergast

I buy a lot of "junk" at the local Post Office auctions,
they have them twice a year, and you can see everything
before you bid on it. It's items where the box has been
destroyed, people decide they don't want something and
just dump it back into the mailbox and it falls apart, etc.
So this one time out I spot one of these gizmos!. The
plastic tube with the clamps and the suction ball and the
magic snake oil in a tube, and I figure "what the heck",
it would be good for a gag gift or something, so I bid
for it and got it for three bucks. Such a deal!
OK, so the temptation got to me, you know. Give it a
try. Did it work, Did I add inches overnight??? I dunno.
I couldn't get the damned thing on. It was just too
(sigh) -tight-.