Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing paint from concrete block wall

hes doing drylock paint just as i did when my basement had a few leaks in a few spots. You use hydraulic cement to patch cracks or leaky spots, than 2 coats of drylock paint and yes it does repair the leaks when you cant spend 25k to have a company dig up all around your foundation. I used a wide spackle knife to get the easy paint off that was already flaking. Used wire wheels in a drill, use a corded drill because you need the most power and its a bitch no matter what you use. Take your time and work 2 hours a day on it until its done. Dont half ass it and not remove all the paint because you will waste your time doing all this work in the end if you do.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-673922-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 00:00:59 +0000, Rob K posted for all of us to digest...

hes doing drylock paint just as i did when my basement had a few leaks in a few spots. You use hydraulic cement to patch cracks or leaky spots, than 2 coats of drylock paint and yes it does repair the leaks when you cant spend 25k to have a company dig up all around your foundation. I used a wide spackle knife to get the easy

paint off that was already flaking. Used wire wheels in a drill, use a corded drill because you need the most power and its a bitch no matter what you use. Take your time and work 2 hours a day on it until its done. Dont half ass it and not remove all the paint because you will waste your time doing all this work in the end if
you do.

Posted 9 years ago.

--
Tekkie