Home Repair (alt.home.repair) For all homeowners and DIYers with many experienced tradesmen. Solve your toughest home fix-it problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 08:21 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2020
Posts: 405
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida


On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:29:04 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...


On 2/19/2021 1:46 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:24:44 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...



You and your cohorts were sure helpful in eliminating the Repub party
and trump. Thanks a lot.


You stated you weren't going to do this anymore? So when are you going to stop
or were you just lying then or now?


I did NOT state that.


You challenged me that you would not post politics in this group if I didn't. I
didn't call you out until after your second political post. I waited for you
because I know you cannot resist making every post political. You have no
intention of ever stopping so again I ask the question: Were you lying then, or
are you lying now?

--
Tekkie

  #42   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,117
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Canít Explain Why Locked-Down California Isnít Doing Better Than Open Florida

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:38:53 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 02:18:21 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 23:29:27 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 22:20:52 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren’t
that different from Florida,‚ÄĚ host Stepanie Ruhle noted.


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida



Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work.¬* That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?


Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

Nice hyperbole.


All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. It is just a
fact. Argue with a cop and find out like Ms Babbitt did.


Like I said, nice hyperbole.


This seems to be the place for it. I have heard plenty from you, Bob
and Trader
  #43   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2020
Posts: 405
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida


On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:38:13 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...


On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden?s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn?t what we were told would happen.

?I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren?t
that different from Florida,? host Stepanie Ruhle noted.


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida



Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?


Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.


She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.


AKA trespassing. What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?


Because it fits their political narrative. All the critters were exposed to
sunlight and they were trying to get back to their nest. Just like cockroaches.

--
Tekkie
  #44   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Mar 2014
Posts: 14,726
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?tDoing Better Than Open Florida

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12:32:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:07:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 6:38:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren’t
that different from Florida,‚ÄĚ host Stepanie Ruhle noted..


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida



Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?


Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.


She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.
AKA trespassing.


No, it was breaking and entering.



What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?


I probably would not have shot that woman, but they clearly were in imminent danger.

snip the Trump tirade

If they were in such danger, why was only one gun drawn and fired?


Obviously you didn't watch the videos, I saw several law enforcement officers
with guns drawn and trained on the door area.



The
other cops did not seem to be that threatened.
I also hear now there were Capitol Cops welcoming the protestors in.
Six have been identified and suspended.


Yes, those trumptards should be prosecuted.


  #45   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2020
Posts: 405
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida


On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 16:24:51 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...


On 2/19/2021 3:38 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden?s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn?t what we were told would happen.

?I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren?t
that different from Florida,? host Stepanie Ruhle noted.


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida



Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?


Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.


She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.


AKA trespassing. What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?


If these were black people in your neighborhood, I bet your opinion
would be the opposite.


You lefty's bring race into it when you can't divert into another bracket.

No unarmed trespasser should be shot. Who did she present a threat to? Someone
might have yelled "don't shoot her" and Dudley do wrong flinched. What a
****show. All you lefty's on the left coast have all the protests which is
sanctioned but any opposing viewpoint is immediately shut down in the press,
social media and gov't. Meanwhile people on the right coast want to speak to
their *representatives* and it's turned into a biased revolution. Someday, you
lefty's will have to wake up because they are coming for you too. All you have
to do or say something out the party line. Then you will have a tribunal and
found guilty needing reeducation.

--
Tekkie


  #46   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Mar 2014
Posts: 14,726
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?tDoing Better Than Open Florida

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 3:16:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:38:13 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...


On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden?s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn?t what we were told would happen.

?I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren?t
that different from Florida,? host Stepanie Ruhle noted.


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida



Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?


Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.


She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.


AKA trespassing. What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?

Because it fits their political narrative. All the critters were exposed to
sunlight and they were trying to get back to their nest. Just like cockroaches.

--
Tekkie


No idea what that even means in the context of the cop shooting the
woman who was breaking and entering the Capitol.




  #47   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2020
Posts: 405
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida


On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:07:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...


I probably would not have shot that woman, but they clearly were in imminent danger.
They had a sofa pushed up against the doors, the mob was outside pushing
violently to get in and could have succeeded at any moment. The window
was broken out and the woman was proceeding in despite having guns
pointed at her and being ordered to stop. There were only a few cops there,
had she come on in, it would have taken a couple to deal with her. Was she
armed? They didn't know. While they were dealing with her, the others could
have pushed on through the door. That probably was the intention, she was
going in to open access for the rest. This woman died of her own stupidity,
believing Trump's lies, that's what killed her.


You wouldn't have shot but you defend who did?

Clearly you have your own scenario but the video shows her inside, unarmed. One
cop shot, the others didn't. Totality of circumstances and will be adjudicated
in court and the taxpayers will pay more because of a reckless act.

--
Tekkie
  #48   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2020
Posts: 405
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida


On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 23:29:27 -0600, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...


Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.


Nice hyperbole.


All laws are predicated on the peaceful abeyance of the citizens. When obayence
doesn't work that is where the guns come in. Do try to learn the basics of
common law in this country.

--
Tekkie
  #49   Report Post  
Old February 21st 21, 01:11 AM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,053
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:43:39 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:08:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 06:32:24 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:25:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:00:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:41:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Fri, 19 Feb 21 01:13:54 UTC, Gary Jones
wrote:

One of Joe Bidenís COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain
on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively
similarly to liberal states like New York,
New Jersey, and California that have strictly locked down. After
all,
that
certainly isnít what we were told would happen.

ďI want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like
Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers
arenít
that
different from Florida,Ē host Stepanie Ruhle
noted.


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida


Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be
why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

We don't hear much about Sweden these days, probably because they
are
down around #19, way behind the countries with severe lockdowns
in
place. Their politicians finally succumbed to political pressure
to
impose some closures (bars close at 10PM) but they are still
pretty
open compared to most countries with worse problems than them
including the UK at #3 and the US at #8.

But those fools got an obscene result in the death rate
and didnít do any better on the effect on the economy
so all those corpses were for nothing.

It is not really obscene when you consider it is ~70% of how UK
did.

(0.12% Swe vs 0.17% UK)

The only sensible comparison is with the rest of scandinavia
and sweden got more deaths than the whole of the rest of
scandinavia COMBINED and didnít even save any jobs or
small businesses in the process.
Why would that be true? Are you saying Finland is exactly the same as
Sweden? I bet the Swedes would disagree.

He's saying that it would be a more fair comparison, certainly the first
place
to look for comparison, instead of trying to compare Sweden with the USA
or UK.

It still doesn't support the scary predictions of what would happen.

Corse it does with the obscene death rate they got.


0.12% is not that high compared to most of the world


The rest of the world is irrelevant, what matters is the rest
of scandinavia. Thatís the death rate they could have got
with sensible controls on the spread of the virus.

OK that gets us back closer to home again. Compare
Florida to California. NBC did in a story that was far
more candid than I would expect from them.

Newsom locked his state down tight,

Bull****.

fines for not wearing a mask businesses shuttered.
DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx
from northern hot spots and Europe.

For other reasons like demographics.


What demographics.


California is much worse with way the dregs of society lives.


Don't talk about Scott that way. He is a nice guy.


Florida is a lot "older" than California, particularly
this time of year with a million senior snow birds.


But the donít live like the dregs of society do.


Why do you think this only affects the homeless? There are plenty of
homeless here too.


We really do not have the laws to enforce that.


BULL****.


Find me a successful prosecution of an asymptomatic person breaking
quarantine.


So much for the claim of enforcement at the point of a government gun, or
whatever that nonsense was.

  #50   Report Post  
Old February 21st 21, 01:37 AM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,053
Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:31:58 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:07:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 6:38:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:



wrote in message
...
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Bidenís COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isnít what we were told would happen.

ďI want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers arenít
that different from Florida,Ē host Stepanie Ruhle noted.


https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida



Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?


Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.


She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.
AKA trespassing.


No, it was breaking and entering.



What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?


I probably would not have shot that woman, but they clearly were in imminent danger.


snip the Trump tirade

If they were in such danger, why was only one gun drawn and fired? The
other cops did not seem to be that threatened.


You clearly want to engage in a discussion, but you refuse to arm yourself
with any of the facts. One wonders what the point of that is supposed to
be. Did you see any of the video taken at the insurrection?

Look, I'm willing to be the first to say that the cops should have fired
long and hard into that crowd, but that's my gut talking. My head says the
cops were greatly outnumbered and had no idea what kind of firepower might
be held in that crowd, and even if the cops were to prevail on that day, if
the situation was escalated to that extent what's to say another group
wouldn't have returned by now, and maybe they'd bring much more firepower?
On another forum that I subscribe to, the radicals there say the thing they
want the most is a war, that's their word for it. They also say, "this is
far from over", whatever that means.

OK, so if the authorities can't place machine gun nests along the edge of
the roof and they can't fire radioactive dye packs that would allow easy
identification, even weeks later, of the folks who were there, then what's
still available? What's your plan, if any?


I also hear now there were Capitol Cops welcoming the protestors in.
Six have been identified and suspended.


Like trader_4 says, prosecute them if their behavior wasn't acceptable.



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
?B?UmU6ICggzLLMhTrMssyFOsyyzIU6zLLMhVvMssyFIMyyzIVdzLLMhTo=?= ?B?zLLMhTrMssyFOsyyzIUgzLLMhSkgKEkgU0hJVCBNWSBLTklDS0VSUykgKCDMssyF?= ?B?OsyyzIU6zLLMhTrMssyFW8yyzIUgzLLMhV3MssyFOsyyzIU6zLLMhTrMssyFIMyy?= ?B?zIUp?= Virtual Shadow Bullshit Remover Tool Home Repair 1 August 18th 20 03:14 PM
Trey Gowdy Remembers Officer Kevin Carper For Ď?=National?= Police Week=E2=80=99?= burfordTjustice Home Repair 0 May 20th 17 01:01 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2021 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017