Old February 20th 21, 05:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida

wrote
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 06:32:24 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:25:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:00:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:41:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 21 01:13:54 UTC, Gary Jones
wrote:

One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain
on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively
similarly to liberal states like New York,
New Jersey, and California that have strictly locked down. After
all,
that
certainly isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like
Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers
aren’t
that
different from Florida,” host Stepanie Ruhle
noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be
why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

We don't hear much about Sweden these days, probably because they
are
down around #19, way behind the countries with severe lockdowns
in
place. Their politicians finally succumbed to political pressure
impose some closures (bars close at 10PM) but they are still
pretty
open compared to most countries with worse problems than them
including the UK at #3 and the US at #8.

But those fools got an obscene result in the death rate
and didn’t do any better on the effect on the economy
so all those corpses were for nothing.

It is not really obscene when you consider it is ~70% of how UK
did.

(0.12% Swe vs 0.17% UK)

The only sensible comparison is with the rest of scandinavia
and sweden got more deaths than the whole of the rest of
scandinavia COMBINED and didn’t even save any jobs or
small businesses in the process.
Why would that be true? Are you saying Finland is exactly the same as
Sweden? I bet the Swedes would disagree.

He's saying that it would be a more fair comparison, certainly the first
place
to look for comparison, instead of trying to compare Sweden with the USA
or UK.

It still doesn't support the scary predictions of what would happen.

Corse it does with the obscene death rate they got.

0.12% is not that high compared to most of the world

The rest of the world is irrelevant, what matters is the rest
of scandinavia. That’s the death rate they could have got
with sensible controls on the spread of the virus.

OK that gets us back closer to home again. Compare
Florida to California. NBC did in a story that was far
more candid than I would expect from them.

Newsom locked his state down tight,

Bull****.

fines for not wearing a mask businesses shuttered.
DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx
from northern hot spots and Europe.

For other reasons like demographics.

What demographics.

California is much worse with way the dregs of society lives.

Florida is a lot "older" than California, particularly
this time of year with a million senior snow birds.

But the don’t live like the dregs of society do.

We do win the prize for the highest
number of UK variant infections tho.

Hardly surprising when you lot are stupid
enough to let foreigners into your state
without quarantining them.

We really do not have the laws to enforce that.

BULL****.

Old February 20th 21, 05:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default _OT:_Biden_COVIDiot_Can=EF=BF=BDt_Exp?==?ut f-8?Q?lain_Why_Locked-Down_California_?=Isn=EF=BF=BDt_Doing_Better_Than_Open_Flo?==?ut f-8?Q?rida?=

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 23:29:27 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 22:20:52 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have
performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida
and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren’t
that different from Florida,” host Stepanie Ruhle noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

Nice hyperbole.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun.

BULL****.

It is just a fact.

Its actually bull****, nothing even remotely like a fact.

Argue with a cop

Many laws have nothing to do with any cop.

and find out like Ms Babbitt did.

Doesn’t happen here.

Old February 20th 21, 05:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:11 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:11:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:11 in Australia??? And it's trolling time already, you sleepless senile
cretin?

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Old February 20th 21, 06:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:07:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.

She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.

AKA trespassing.

No, it was breaking and entering.

What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?

I probably would not have shot that woman, but they clearly were in imminent danger.

snip the Trump tirade

If they were in such danger, why was only one gun drawn and fired? The
other cops did not seem to be that threatened.
I also hear now there were Capitol Cops welcoming the protestors in.
Six have been identified and suspended.
Old February 20th 21, 06:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. It is just a
fact. Argue with a cop and find out like Ms Babbitt did.

Like I said, nice hyperbole.

Old February 20th 21, 06:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Because that was enough to stop the others there continuing
to try to get thru that window and **** over those inside.

The other cops did not seem to be that threatened.

Must be why they didn’t stop anyone coming thru that window.

I also hear now there were Capitol Cops welcoming the protestors in.

Because they hoped it would be a peaceful demo.

It turned out that it wasn’t.

Six have been identified and suspended.

And so they should be given what their job was.

Old February 20th 21, 06:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:08:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

wrote:

[...]

Don't talk about Scott that way. He is a nice guy.

Florida is a lot "older" than California, particularly
this time of year with a million senior snow birds.

But the don’t live like the dregs of society do.

Why do you think this only affects the homeless? There are plenty of
homeless here too.

We really do not have the laws to enforce that.

BULL****.

Find me a successful prosecution of an asymptomatic person breaking
quarantine.

Old February 20th 21, 06:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:11:08 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

We aren't talking about THERE, we are talking about HERE.

Old February 20th 21, 07:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:08:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

wrote:

[...]

California is much worse with the way the dregs of society lives.

Don't talk about Scott that way. He is a nice guy.

Florida is a lot "older" than California, particularly
this time of year with a million senior snow birds.

But the don’t live like the dregs of society do.

Why do you think this only affects the homeless?

Never said it did. Most of the dregs arent homeless.

There are plenty of homeless here too.

I wasn’t talking about the homeless, just the dregs.

We really do not have the laws to enforce that.

BULL****.

Find me a successful prosecution of an
asymptomatic person breaking quarantine.

Irrelevant to whether the law could enforce
quarantine if the state chose to do that.

And it isnt just about quarantine either, the state is free to shut the
border.

Old February 20th 21, 07:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:11:08 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

You never said US laws.