DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Heater (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/685049-heater.html)

Jamie February 18th 21 02:15 PM

Heater

I just got this new oil filled heater and it made a flash a few minutes ago so I shut it off and unplugged it and it was making a lil popping noise after I unplugged it, any ideas on what I should do please anything will be helpful thank you.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3098902-.htm

trader_4 February 18th 21 02:17 PM

Heater

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 9:15:09 AM UTC-5, Jamie wrote:
I just got this new oil filled heater and it made a flash a few minutes ago so I shut it off and unplugged it and it was making a lil popping noise after I unplugged it, any ideas on what I should do please anything will be helpful thank you.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3098902-.htm

A flash from where? If by "just got" you mean you just purchased it, return it.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] February 18th 21 04:35 PM

Heater

On 2/18/2021 9:15 AM, Jamie wrote:
I just got this new oil filled heater and it made a flash a few minutes
ago so I shut it off and unplugged it and it was making a lil popping
noise after I unplugged it, any ideas on what I should do please
anything will be helpful thank you.

Take it back to where you bought it. It should not flash. If it has a
bad element inside it could have overheated the oil in a spot and make
the popping sound. Not safe to use in any case.