Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Rush Limbaugh was 70

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman writes:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

The man did more damage to the country than almost anyone in history. Good riddance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 09:36:25 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

Here's the huff post link for those who throw-up-in-their-mouth
a little at the thought of clicking a fox link ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...d57?ri18n=true

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 12:42 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Dean Hoffman writes:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

The man did more damage to the country than almost anyone in history. Good riddance.

When he first started on radio I'd listen occasionally on my way home
from work. He was sort of funny. Then as time went on he became full
of himself and I could not stand to listen to him any more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman writes:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

The man did more damage to the country than almost anyone in history. Good riddance.

When he first started on radio I'd listen occasionally on my way home
from work. He was sort of funny. Then as time went on he became full
of himself and I could not stand to listen to him any more.

Ed, sometimes I feel like you're my brother, because we agree most of the time.
I also listened to him in the 80s and 90s, when he was talking about conservative
principles and values and he had valid points that I agreed with. But then he became
a pompous jerk, so full of his own self-importance, more divisive, nasty, and insulting.
An example of how whacked out he had become was that after the insurrection
at the Capitol, he lied again about an election being stolen. Another classic moment
was when he ridiculed other FL residents who were preparing for the arrival of a
major hurricane, saying forecasters can't predict where it's going, that it's just
hysteria to get you to buy water. Then the day before it hit, Rush hopped on his
G7 and flew away. A lot of the fools that listened to that and believed him,
well, I'd bet they were not in that position. But no matter, the ditto heads just
keep adoring him, just like the Trumpets adore Trump. Meanwhile Rush milked
himself broadcasting contracts worth hundreds of millions a year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman writes:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

The man did more damage to the country than almost anyone in history. Good riddance.

When he first started on radio I'd listen occasionally on my way home
from work. He was sort of funny. Then as time went on he became full
of himself and I could not stand to listen to him any more.

That was 30 years ago for me.
Rush used to say he had a curve. You started out not liking him them
the more you listened the more you liked him. He never explained it
was a bell curve and after a little while it was repetitive and boring
so you changed the station. I think the whole process took about a
month for me.
I really preferred a local talk show that talked about local issues.
They would actually get the people on you wished you could talk to and
they took calls. I got the timing of a traffic light fixed with one
call on that show. It wasn't peace in the middle east but it was
something that made a difference in my life. A lot of the people they
had on were very interesting, way more so than a bloviating guy who
was getting rich feeding pablum to his fans. Unfortunately that is
what "entertainment" has become. Both sides are guilty.
I have my MP3s and I haven't turned a radio on in over 20 years if it
wasn't during a hurricane when the TV was out for one reason or
another..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

Here's the huff post link for those who throw-up-in-their-mouth
a little at the thought of clicking a fox link ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...d57?ri18n=true

John T.

Here's another Fox link. It's Mr. Snerdley discussing
his former boss. Snerdley should go on a diet.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bo-snerdley-second-generation-founding-father-limbaugh-returned-his-talent-to-god

OR
http://alturl.com/3to8p
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

Here's theÂ* huff post linkÂ* for those whoÂ* throw-up-in-their-mouth
Â* a littleÂ*Â* at the thought of clicking aÂ*Â*Â* foxÂ*Â* linkÂ* ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...d57?ri18n=true

Â*Â*Â* John T.

Â*Â* Here's another Fox link.Â* It's Mr. Snerdley discussing
his former boss.Â* Snerdley should go on a diet.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bo-snerdley-second-generation-founding-father-limbaugh-returned-his-talent-to-god

Â* OR
Â*Â* http://alturl.com/3to8p

Nice tribute. I had heard him before but never saw him. He does like
to eat.

Listening to Mark Steyn he reminded us how funny Limbaugh could be. I
had never heard this one befo

http://www.chicagonow.com/drive-she-.../stop-farding/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

Here's the huff post link for those who throw-up-in-their-mouth
a little at the thought of clicking a fox link ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...d57?ri18n=true

John T.

Here's another Fox link. It's Mr. Snerdley discussing
his former boss. Snerdley should go on a diet.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bo-snerdley-second-generation-founding-father-limbaugh-returned-his-talent-to-god

OR
http://alturl.com/3to8p

Nice tribute. I had heard him before but never saw him. He does like
to eat.

Listening to Mark Steyn he reminded us how funny Limbaugh could be. I
had never heard this one befo

http://www.chicagonow.com/drive-she-.../stop-farding/

Unfortunately what Rush thought was funny and cute included despicable things like mocking
Michael Fox's Parkinson disease because he was a Democrat or calling Sandra Fluke
a slut, because she was lobbying for birth control. That made him hundreds of
millions, but it also helped lead to the horrible, nasty, divisive environment we face today.
Rush started out championing true conservative values and with an upbeat, Reagan
like message. It ended with just throwing out far too many stupid, hateful things
just designed to anger while painting a hopeless picture of America, with Democrats
always wrong and to blame for everything. He never sought any common ground.
And the final example of what he had become was that he helped Trump incite with
the lies about a stolen election and even after the despicable insurrection, Rush
still went on the air, lying more about the "stolen election". That isn't conservatism,
it's lies and Qanon level conspiracy BS.