DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT DC police department etc. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/685016-ot-dc-police-department-etc.html)

micky February 16th 21 09:57 PM

OT DC police department etc.

This seemed to me to be an excellent, balanced presentation, about the
police, from the daughter of a long time left-wing activist, who joined
the DC reserve police department, against her mother's wishes, stayed
for ~4 years, and had to do 24 hours of active duty a month in order to
remain enrolled.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/16/96829...join-the-force

I'd have called it a discussion except that Terry Gross just asks
questions, doesn't give her own opinions or facts afaicr except maybe a
little bit implied in some questions (though I didn't notice any of that
when listening. I'm assuming it could be there because it's hard to
avoid.) Most interviewees should be competent and eager to correct any
mistaken implications within questions.