Old February 18th 21, 06:02 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default OT: The world's simplest electric train

Paul Tue, 16 Feb
2021 09:22:24 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote:
"Commander Kinsey"
news alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you can
explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really. You look it up.

I already know how it works, that's why I asked the question mr smartass.

If it worked as stated, based on your experience
with copper conductors and electricity -- it should
throw sparks as the ends of the purported
projectile circulates. Yet we don't see any
sparks. Why is that ? A coil section that small,
there's going to be 500mA to an ampere of current
in the coil. There should be decent sparks.

There's no real load to speak of, and 1.5 volts isn't much.

You aren't going to get an amp of current out of the 1.5volt power source.
You could possibly acquire 500-750ma for a period of time though, but the
battery would quickly deplete if such a load was placed on it for any real
length of time. 1.5 volts doesn't go far on it's own, and there's no jewel
thief circuitry here to boost it up.

You aren't going to get sparks and arcs if theres no load and you have ****
for voltage to start with.

When I was a kid, my uncle made me an electric
motor. Pieces of Iron wire in a bundle, was used for
cores. Enameled copper wire for the windings. The design
style is an "open frame", in other words, the worlds
most inefficient electric motor. It's a wonder these
rotate at all, but they do. (You sometimes have to
give them a flick with your finger, to get them running.)
More compact motors work much better, ones where the
magnetic pole pieces are continuously presented to one another.
There is "too much air" in these motors.

That's quite a bit different than what we've observed in the video. That
home made motor actually puts a load on it's power source, AND, you have
reverse emf to deal with each time it cycles on/off, too; which contributes
to the sparks you see. Also, if you had the brushes a little closer and
spent a little more time with the windings, you wouldn't have to give it a
flick to get it started. The flicking you have to perform on occasion is
due to poor design implementation, not the motor itself.

And the noteworthy part of the little motor,
was the sparks it would throw as the armature made
contact with the bared copper wires touching it. We
didn't use plates or springs or carbon brushes.
Just bared copper wire. You got a nice stream of
blue sparks as it rotated. And a bit of a sound effect.

But of course, you were seeing the results of reverse polarity voltage
spike, due to the induction principle. And you have a lot more built up in
those coils on that motor, with higher voltage to start than the video
demonstration.

Yet none of that is visible in the video, and
you have to wonder whether there is just a magnet
under the table and an accomplice.

It could very well be, but for me, the lack of sparks don't indicate fake
video off the bat; only because of the very low voltage and current being
used.

If they wanted to impress us, their "table" should
have been a perspex sheet.

I don't disagree.

*******

When the copper coil has the ends touched together,
the battery and magnets continue past that section.
That can only happen, if the copper makes *excellent*
contact, between the two ends of the coil. Normally,
you would need to solder a copper coil ends like that
together, so the projectile would go round and round.
Yet, the demonstrator has no trouble at all, getting
his protege to jump the gap. He is able to hold
the ends of the copper wires together well enough,
so it can handle a relatively high current.

Without getting hot enough to burn him, yep. There's not much current there
to begin with, and the voltage level is so low to start, whatever reverse
kickback he's getting isn't enough to make lovely sparks. He's also not
putting much of a load on it, which doesn't help with making sparks.

I would also like to know how they adjusted the
colour in the video, to suppress blue sparks. Was the
camera fitted with a filter, or were the sparks
removed in post ?

I'm not convinced they are suppressing them. I don't believe there's enough
energy from the start to acquire them, atleast not large enough to stick
out.

--
Stand on the toilet, get high on pot.

Old February 18th 21, 07:04 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy. But did wonder
if the movement over along distance might be useful.

Energy has more than one form,

You quite sure you aint actually one of those rocket
scientist pathetic excuses for a bull**** artists ?

it would require some form of energy
to do what you were thinking about.

But I realise that the battery provides that.

So, I'm not the only one talking about energy here,

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Old February 18th 21, 07:07 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post
on behalf of Commander Kinsey though.

I didnít.

Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

I didnít, because I didnít.

The magnetic things on the ends of the battery allows
a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a current
to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

Having fun down there on the floor, child ?

Old February 18th 21, 07:28 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy.

LOL! Hilarious!

But did wonder
if the movement over along distance might be useful.

Energy has more than one form,

You quite sure you aint actually one of those rocket
scientist pathetic excuses for a bull**** artists ?

it would require some form of energy
to do what you were thinking about.

But I realise that the battery provides that.

Where else would Gremlin think the energy comes from? Amazing.

So, I'm not the only one talking about energy here,

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Another example of Gremlin presenting himself as a fraud.

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Old February 18th 21, 09:56 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default ****, the Git, the Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE!

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:28:00 GMT, **** the git, the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Another example of Gremlin presenting himself as a fraud.

Nope, just another example of you being a notorious sucker of troll cock,
regardless of the troll's age, **** the git! BG

Old February 18th 21, 10:00 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:07:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Old February 21st 21, 05:20 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:04:48 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy. But did wonder
if the movement over along distance might be useful.

Actually, the science behind it is well known, and even though that
particular example was a super tiny one; I do believe it's making enough
mechanical energy to be able to turn a small gear. It also has a little
locomotive force which could be adapted as well. A mini rail gun comes to
mind...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

It's a linear motor, they have all kinds of applications, and, they are
capable of making usable energy. Even the tiny one in the video.

So, I don't know why you felt it necessary to try to be a wiseass towards
me? Rather pointless on your part...

I'm not a bull**** artist, but I appreciate your concern.

it would require some form of energy
to do what you were thinking about.

But I realise that the battery provides that.

So, I'm not the only one talking about energy here,

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Well, duh, it's a ****ing motor. They tend to trade the electrical energy
for mechanical energy. You know, to get work done.

--
Of course, no man is entirely in his right mind at any time-Mark Twain
Old February 21st 21, 05:20 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:07:54 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post
on behalf of Commander Kinsey though.

I didnít.

Strange. I addressed the question specifically to Commander Kinsey.

Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

I didnít, because I didnít.

You may want to review my post then. The question was directed at him,
specifically. I had a suspicion he didn't know what it actually was, which
is why I asked him about it.

The magnetic things on the ends of the battery allows
a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a current
to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

Having fun down there on the floor, child ?

child? heh, I know a linear motor when I see one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

--
Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
Old February 21st 21, 06:13 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post
on behalf of Commander Kinsey though.

I didnít.

Strange.

More pathetic in your case.

I addressed the question specifically to Commander Kinsey.

In a public forum.

Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

I didnít, because I didnít.

You may want to review my post then.

Nope, it stays a pathetic excuse for a troll no
matter how often its reviewed. Once is plenty.

The question was directed at him, specifically.

Then you should have used email.

I had a suspicion he didn't know what it actually
was, which is why I asked him about it.

Your problem, as always.

The magnetic things on the ends of the battery allows
a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a current
to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

Having fun down there on the floor, child ?

child? heh, I know a linear motor when I see one.

Plenty of children do, child.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

No news to me, child.

Old February 21st 21, 06:18 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

[...]

Duh and irrelevant to that stupidity of yours.

and even though that particular example was a
super tiny one; I do believe it's making enough
mechanical energy to be able to turn a small gear.

All motors do, stupid.

It also has a little locomotive force which could be
adapted as well. A mini rail gun comes to mind...

But this controls where it goes much better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

No news to me boy.

reams of your **** that is no news to anyone flushed where it belongs