Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default OT: The world's simplest electric train

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 06:57:03 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' usual absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

What is it one of them there kiddiees linear motor demo kits?
Idel for launching things that break ornaments.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Commander Kinsey wrote
https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the house, and not just to keep
the cat amused.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What is it one of them there kiddiees linear motor demo kits?

For those in the non uk.d-i-y groups, Brian is blind.

It’s a battery with a magnet on each end which
allows the battery to move in metal spiral.

Idel for launching things that break ornaments.

Not in this case, it runs in the spiral and doesn't
go far if it comes out the end of the spiral. Goes
until the battery is flat if the spiral is in a loop.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Commander Kinsey wrote
https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the house, and not just to keep
the cat amused.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey"
news alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you can
explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

--
Man steps in with a terminal grin... blue skies turn to grey...
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:57:03 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much usable energy for anything
practical...

--
'Cute the way he tried to fly with his ears...' - Slappy Squirrel
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:39:57 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What is it one of them there kiddiees linear motor demo kits?

For those in the non uk.d-i-y groups, Brian is blind.

It’s a battery with a magnet on each end which
allows the battery to move in metal spiral.

Idel for launching things that break ornaments.

Not in this case, it runs in the spiral and doesn't
go far if it comes out the end of the spiral. Goes
until the battery is flat if the spiral is in a loop.

I'm curious to know approx how long it would run in a level loop, and the
same calcs performed on a loop with a hill or two for it. So that one could
see how much additional energy is consumed if it has to climb in any way.

I'd also want to know if the battery structure changes the runtime by a
significant amount. Various lithium based, aklaline, etc, versions.

--
Now that my house / Has burned down, / I have a much better view / Of the
Moon.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What is it one of them there kiddiees linear motor demo kits?

For those in the non uk.d-i-y groups, Brian is blind.

It’s a battery with a magnet on each end which
allows the battery to move in metal spiral.

Ideal for launching things that break ornaments.

Not in this case, it runs in the spiral and doesn't
go far if it comes out the end of the spiral. Goes
until the battery is flat if the spiral is in a loop.

I'm curious to know approx how long it would run in a level loop,

Until the battery is flat.

and the same calcs performed on a loop with a hill or two for it.

The battery will go flat quicker.

So that one could see how much additional energy
is consumed if it has to climb in any way.

I'd also want to know if the battery structure changes the runtime by
a significant amount. Various lithium based, aklaline, etc, versions.

Some go flat quicker than others.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really. The magnetic things on the ends of the
battery allows a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a
current to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote:
"Commander Kinsey"
news alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you can
explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really. You look it up.

https://www.first4magnets.com/blog/h...using-magnets/

*******

The video is a bit deceiving, and to my eyes,
there's not much of a hint that the wire is
conducting. It does not look like shiny copper
wire, nor like tarnished copper wire. It's
"just a coil of something". There is no hint what
the material is. Why is that ? They've adjusted
the colour of the video (colour corrected to an unnatural
balance).

We live in a sad age. The age where we've forgotten
how to coat the outside of copper wire with nickel.
Using nickel, the contact properties of our coil
would be "excellent". If you use copper alone, it's
going to spark like a pig, or, the little train
will stop half way through the demo.

If it worked as stated, based on your experience
with copper conductors and electricity -- it should
throw sparks as the ends of the purported
projectile circulates. Yet we don't see any
sparks. Why is that ? A coil section that small,
there's going to be 500mA to an ampere of current
in the coil. There should be decent sparks.

When I was a kid, my uncle made me an electric
motor. Pieces of Iron wire in a bundle, was used for
cores. Enameled copper wire for the windings. The design
style is an "open frame", in other words, the worlds
most inefficient electric motor. It's a wonder these
rotate at all, but they do. (You sometimes have to
give them a flick with your finger, to get them running.)
More compact motors work much better, ones where the
magnetic pole pieces are continuously presented to one another.
There is "too much air" in these motors.

http://inventorartist.com/wp-content...GuyOrg-600.jpg

And the noteworthy part of the little motor,
was the sparks it would throw as the armature made
contact with the bared copper wires touching it. We
didn't use plates or springs or carbon brushes.
Just bared copper wire. You got a nice stream of
blue sparks as it rotated. And a bit of a sound effect.

Yet none of that is visible in the video, and
you have to wonder whether there is just a magnet
under the table and an accomplice.

If they wanted to impress us, their "table" should
have been a perspex sheet.

*******

When the copper coil has the ends touched together,
the battery and magnets continue past that section.
That can only happen, if the copper makes *excellent*
contact, between the two ends of the coil. Normally,
you would need to solder a copper coil ends like that
together, so the projectile would go round and round.
Yet, the demonstrator has no trouble at all, getting
his protege to jump the gap. He is able to hold
the ends of the copper wires together well enough,
so it can handle a relatively high current.

Their copper wire is "amazing". Never an ohmic moment.
I bid 300 quatloos for the copper wire used...

I would also like to know how they adjusted the
colour in the video, to suppress blue sparks. Was the
camera fitted with a filter, or were the sparks
removed in post ?

Paul
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:01:55 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the miserable senile troll's latest troll****

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 06:57:08 -0000 (UTC), Gremlin, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you can
explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

It would be more interesting to see how long it will take you until you find
out what that sociopathic attention whore is about! BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 04:22:24 -0500, Paul
wrote:

Gremlin wrote:
[...]

It's bare copper wire and you don't see sparks becare of several
reasons. 1 is low voltage 2 is low current and 3 is there is never a
complete break of the circuit untill the projectile leaves the coil.

As the current flows through the coil it magnetizes - and with the
magnets installed with the right polarity the back magnet is attracted
to the magnetic field of the coil while the front one is repelled.
Notice how inside the coil it moves much faster - because the magnetic
field inside the coil is more concentrated than it is with the
projectile rifing on top of the 2 coils.

Also nickel coating would increase the resistance - SILVER plating
would reduce the resistance (but either would be pretty negligible in
effect) The magnets ARE nickel coated.

More on the absence of sparts - the magnet running against the coil
forms a basic "make before break" switch A "make before break" switch
NEVER switches current under load - so it never sparks. Asthe magnet
moves forward it is still connected to several windings of the coil as
it connects to the next one - so the voltage difference between the
coil it is connected to and the one it is connecting to is virtually
zero - and as it moves on to "break" the current the same is true.

As for the conductivity of the wire/magnet interface I have some
stuff that could reduce the resistance to nextto nothing. I doubt they
were using it (at over $200 an ounce) - it is called stabilant 22 -
google it - the stuff is FANTASTIC.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:51:01 -0000, Clare Snyder wrote:

As for the conductivity of the wire/magnet interface I have some
stuff that could reduce the resistance to nextto nothing. I doubt they
were using it (at over $200 an ounce) - it is called stabilant 22 -
google it - the stuff is FANTASTIC.

How does that work?
https://www.sibert.co.uk/products/st...ntact-enhancer
"selectively switches-on between the mating surfaces of each of the individual contacts, staying non-conductive between adjacent contacts"
Are they saying you put it on the commutator of a motor and it conducts from brush to commutator but not commutator to next contact of commutator? How does it know?

I think this
https://www.posthorn.com/Stab_2.html
indicates that it conducts very well when it's thin, but insulates when thicker. So it improves a contact which was touching or supposed to be touching, but doesn't conduct a long way away, like to the next contact. Clever that stuff. Could it be described as intelligent? And how does it do it?

Do they use it in a lot of equipment? Sounds like it would be perfect in motors. Could I put some in my power drill that sparks a lot?

Where do I buy some in the UK? Ebay doesn't have any, Amazon is out of stock until further notice, Google shopping gives no results.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 08:01:55 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What is it one of them there kiddiees linear motor demo kits?

For those in the non uk.d-i-y groups, Brian is blind.

It’s a battery with a magnet on each end which
allows the battery to move in metal spiral.

Ideal for launching things that break ornaments.

Not in this case, it runs in the spiral and doesn't
go far if it comes out the end of the spiral. Goes
until the battery is flat if the spiral is in a loop.

I'm curious to know approx how long it would run in a level loop,

Until the battery is flat.

How perceptive of you.

and the same calcs performed on a loop with a hill or two for it.

The battery will go flat quicker.

Again, very perceptive of you.

So that one could see how much additional energy
is consumed if it has to climb in any way.

I'd also want to know if the battery structure changes the runtime by
a significant amount. Various lithium based, aklaline, etc, versions.

Some go flat quicker than others.

Your scientific method is interesting, to say the least.

--
Normality will be restored as soon as we're sure what it is, anyway.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 07:57:49 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the house, for something
more than cat amusement. Energy has more than one form, so even though you
probably slept thru your science classes and didn't realize it, it would
require some form of energy to do what you were thinking about. So, I'm not
the only one talking about energy here, you were as well; even though you
clearly, heh, didn't know it.

--
'The Wheel of Morality adds educational value....'--Yakko
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 08:05:30 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post on behalf of Commander Kinsey
though. Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

The magnetic things on the ends of the
battery allows a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a
current to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

--
An acceptable level of unemployment means that the government economist to
whom it is acceptable still has a job

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Paul Tue, 16 Feb
2021 09:22:24 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote:
"Commander Kinsey"
news alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you can
explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really. You look it up.

I already know how it works, that's why I asked the question mr smartass.

If it worked as stated, based on your experience
with copper conductors and electricity -- it should
throw sparks as the ends of the purported
projectile circulates. Yet we don't see any
sparks. Why is that ? A coil section that small,
there's going to be 500mA to an ampere of current
in the coil. There should be decent sparks.

There's no real load to speak of, and 1.5 volts isn't much.

You aren't going to get an amp of current out of the 1.5volt power source.
You could possibly acquire 500-750ma for a period of time though, but the
battery would quickly deplete if such a load was placed on it for any real
length of time. 1.5 volts doesn't go far on it's own, and there's no jewel
thief circuitry here to boost it up.

You aren't going to get sparks and arcs if theres no load and you have ****
for voltage to start with.

When I was a kid, my uncle made me an electric
motor. Pieces of Iron wire in a bundle, was used for
cores. Enameled copper wire for the windings. The design
style is an "open frame", in other words, the worlds
most inefficient electric motor. It's a wonder these
rotate at all, but they do. (You sometimes have to
give them a flick with your finger, to get them running.)
More compact motors work much better, ones where the
magnetic pole pieces are continuously presented to one another.
There is "too much air" in these motors.

That's quite a bit different than what we've observed in the video. That
home made motor actually puts a load on it's power source, AND, you have
reverse emf to deal with each time it cycles on/off, too; which contributes
to the sparks you see. Also, if you had the brushes a little closer and
spent a little more time with the windings, you wouldn't have to give it a
flick to get it started. The flicking you have to perform on occasion is
due to poor design implementation, not the motor itself.

And the noteworthy part of the little motor,
was the sparks it would throw as the armature made
contact with the bared copper wires touching it. We
didn't use plates or springs or carbon brushes.
Just bared copper wire. You got a nice stream of
blue sparks as it rotated. And a bit of a sound effect.

But of course, you were seeing the results of reverse polarity voltage
spike, due to the induction principle. And you have a lot more built up in
those coils on that motor, with higher voltage to start than the video
demonstration.

Yet none of that is visible in the video, and
you have to wonder whether there is just a magnet
under the table and an accomplice.

It could very well be, but for me, the lack of sparks don't indicate fake
video off the bat; only because of the very low voltage and current being
used.

If they wanted to impress us, their "table" should
have been a perspex sheet.

I don't disagree.

*******

When the copper coil has the ends touched together,
the battery and magnets continue past that section.
That can only happen, if the copper makes *excellent*
contact, between the two ends of the coil. Normally,
you would need to solder a copper coil ends like that
together, so the projectile would go round and round.
Yet, the demonstrator has no trouble at all, getting
his protege to jump the gap. He is able to hold
the ends of the copper wires together well enough,
so it can handle a relatively high current.

Without getting hot enough to burn him, yep. There's not much current there
to begin with, and the voltage level is so low to start, whatever reverse
kickback he's getting isn't enough to make lovely sparks. He's also not
putting much of a load on it, which doesn't help with making sparks.

I would also like to know how they adjusted the
colour in the video, to suppress blue sparks. Was the
camera fitted with a filter, or were the sparks
removed in post ?

I'm not convinced they are suppressing them. I don't believe there's enough
energy from the start to acquire them, atleast not large enough to stick
out.

--
Stand on the toilet, get high on pot.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy. But did wonder
if the movement over along distance might be useful.

Energy has more than one form,

You quite sure you aint actually one of those rocket
scientist pathetic excuses for a bull**** artists ?

it would require some form of energy
to do what you were thinking about.

But I realise that the battery provides that.

So, I'm not the only one talking about energy here,

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post
on behalf of Commander Kinsey though.

I didn’t.

Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

I didn’t, because I didn’t.

The magnetic things on the ends of the battery allows
a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a current
to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

Having fun down there on the floor, child ?

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy.

LOL! Hilarious!

But did wonder
if the movement over along distance might be useful.

Energy has more than one form,

You quite sure you aint actually one of those rocket
scientist pathetic excuses for a bull**** artists ?

it would require some form of energy
to do what you were thinking about.

But I realise that the battery provides that.

Where else would Gremlin think the energy comes from? Amazing.

So, I'm not the only one talking about energy here,

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Another example of Gremlin presenting himself as a fraud.

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default ****, the Git, the Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE!

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:28:00 GMT, **** the git, the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Another example of Gremlin presenting himself as a fraud.

Nope, just another example of you being a notorious sucker of troll cock,
regardless of the troll's age, **** the git! BG

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:07:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:04:48 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

Trying to think of how to use that around the
house, and not just to keep the cat amused.

That particular prototype isn't making much
usable energy for anything practical...

The only one talking about making useable energy is you.

You were trying to think of how to use it around the
house, for something more than cat amusement.

Yes, but not actually stupid enough to think it might
be useful for generating energy, because I know how
it works and realise it just uses energy. But did wonder
if the movement over along distance might be useful.

Actually, the science behind it is well known, and even though that
particular example was a super tiny one; I do believe it's making enough
mechanical energy to be able to turn a small gear. It also has a little
locomotive force which could be adapted as well. A mini rail gun comes to
mind...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

It's a linear motor, they have all kinds of applications, and, they are
capable of making usable energy. Even the tiny one in the video.

So, I don't know why you felt it necessary to try to be a wiseass towards
me? Rather pointless on your part...

I'm not a bull**** artist, but I appreciate your concern.

it would require some form of energy
to do what you were thinking about.

But I realise that the battery provides that.

So, I'm not the only one talking about energy here,

You are the one mindlessly rabbiting on about
MAKING energy.

Well, duh, it's a ****ing motor. They tend to trade the electrical energy
for mechanical energy. You know, to get work done.

--
Of course, no man is entirely in his right mind at any time-Mark Twain
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 06:07:54 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post
on behalf of Commander Kinsey though.

I didn’t.

Strange. I addressed the question specifically to Commander Kinsey.

Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

I didn’t, because I didn’t.

You may want to review my post then. The question was directed at him,
specifically. I had a suspicion he didn't know what it actually was, which
is why I asked him about it.

The magnetic things on the ends of the battery allows
a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a current
to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

Having fun down there on the floor, child ?

child? heh, I know a linear motor when I see one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

--
Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Gremlin wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

https://youtu.be/J9b0J29OzAU

That's cool. Thanks for the share. I'd be interested to know if you
can explain how you think it works, without cheating, that is.

Pretty simple really.

Ayep. I didn't realize you were going to post
on behalf of Commander Kinsey though.

I didn’t.

Strange.

More pathetic in your case.

I addressed the question specifically to Commander Kinsey.

In a public forum.

Any particular reason you felt the need to do that?

I didn’t, because I didn’t.

You may want to review my post then.

Nope, it stays a pathetic excuse for a troll no
matter how often its reviewed. Once is plenty.

The question was directed at him, specifically.

Then you should have used email.

I had a suspicion he didn't know what it actually
was, which is why I asked him about it.

Your problem, as always.

The magnetic things on the ends of the battery allows
a circuit thru the metallic coil which allows a current
to flow thru the metallic coil which provides the force
to move the battery with its magnetic caps thru the coil.

The magnetic things? rofl, k...

Having fun down there on the floor, child ?

child? heh, I know a linear motor when I see one.

Plenty of children do, child.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

No news to me, child.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

[...]

Duh and irrelevant to that stupidity of yours.

and even though that particular example was a
super tiny one; I do believe it's making enough
mechanical energy to be able to turn a small gear.

All motors do, stupid.

It also has a little locomotive force which could be
adapted as well. A mini rail gun comes to mind...

But this controls where it goes much better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

No news to me boy.

reams of your **** that is no news to anyone flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 04:20:49 -0000 (UTC), Gremlin wrote:

Well, duh, it's a ****ing motor. They tend to trade the electrical energy
for mechanical energy. You know, to get work done.

When will you old morons in these groups finally learn that you ARE dealing
with an authentic sociopath who is doing nothing more than living out his
sociopathy here?
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 05:18:01 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

[snip]

No news to me boy.

*yawn* I've had the opportunity to read some replies you've written to
other people on different subjects where you've either had your ass handed
to you already, or are in the process of having it performed. Your replies
to those match the ones you were kind enough to provide me, upto and
including your efforts to be insulting - in fairness to you, I realize
you've got some years on you and since you had little to start with, you
don't have much left to provide actual wiseass, mic drop, insults that
deserving and deliver just the right amount of punch.

Instead, you write from your ass on a variety of subjects you know nothing
ahout, and write on behalf of quite well known usenet trolls. Muggles,
stupid ****er, was previously well known as Jenn from Oklahoma and I can
assure you, after reading some of her more recent nonsensical posts in
alt.home.repair, she hasn't gotten wiser over the years with time, if
anything, she has less knowledge on a variety of subjects (just like you)
than she had just a few years back when she made the mistake of ****ing
with me in a negative manner. rofl.

Have a good day, regardless. It's my own fault for incorrectly assuming you
were a functional adult on usenet. I *should have* read your replies to
others before I responded to your first wannabe try so hard to be a wiseass
reply to me.

You have *one* fan/sucker you were able to con with your not so bright
replies to me on this subject, if it helps you and your wounded ego. He
didn't even notice your slick efforts to spin what you wrote initially
concerning any of the energy aspects. He didn't notice anything you wrote
that's self contradictory concerning this subject either. Most likely
because he doesn't really have a ****ing clue what we've been writing about
the entire time, but he observed you write what he considers to be a good
wiseass reply towards me, so he rolled with it. He's an idiot, like that.

What Paul wrote, and my response to him was behind Snits comprehension
level, so he didn't address any aspect of that, and Paul hasn't taken the
time to respond. I suspect he was being a wiseass towards me, but, it's
Paul, I cannot know for certain unless he lets me know. In his defense,
he's much better suited for it than yourself, Rod.

Despite Pauls opinions/views of myself, I have a great amount of respect
for the knowledge he has on a variety of subjects he's discussed on usenet
previously. I don't necessarily agree on every aspect of what he writes,
lol, as indicated by my reply to him in this very thread, but, generally,
for the most part, I can trust what he writes as being accurate. I can fact
check his work, just as he or you or anyone can with me and get the results
he already published concerning it most of the time. I have done so
previously, on several different subjects that he and I both have direct
knowledge and understanding of. That's why I can generally trust the
technical information he provides. Even, as in this threads case, I do
think he was trying to be cheeky with me.

And even on the rare occasion when I find myself in disagreement, he's
human and he's got some age on him. And besides, I'm sure it's more a
matter of him forgetting the exact process rather than him knowing nothing
about it in the first place.

--
My neighbour asked if he could use my lawnmower. I told him of course he
could, so long as he didn't take it out of my garden. -- Eric Morecambe
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Gremlin Tue, 23 Feb
2021 07:57:29 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

What Paul wrote, and my response to him was behind Snits comprehension
level, so he didn't address any aspect of that, and Paul hasn't taken
the time to respond.

That should have read *beyond*, obviously, not behind. I've pulled quite a
few hours with some board repair this past weekend, please due excuse my
typos along with auto corrects that I didn't catch while writing that reply.

--
Initiative comes to those who wait.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
Gremlin wrote just the **** you’d
expect from a desperate cowering gutless ****wit.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 2021 at 1:10:10 AM MST, "Gremlin" wrote
:

Gremlin Tue, 23 Feb
2021 07:57:29 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

What Paul wrote, and my response to him was behind Snits comprehension
level, so he didn't address any aspect of that, and Paul hasn't taken
the time to respond.

That should have read *beyond*, obviously, not behind. I've pulled quite a
few hours with some board repair this past weekend, please due excuse my
typos along with auto corrects that I didn't catch while writing that reply.

I saw that and a few other typos... I assumed what you meant. Sorta like where
you pointed out my noting I *TEND* to like Apple products came out as my
saying I "PREtend" to. Yeah, either the audio glitched or I just used the
wrong word (the latter being more likely). You called me out on it (fair
enough) -- hopefully you can see where I just goofed there.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"
Tue, 23 Feb 2021 09:10:04 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
Gremlin wrote just the **** you’d
expect from a desperate cowering gutless ****wit.

ayep. My previous reply to you was spot on. As I wrote previously, I've read
other threads with you participating and noticed the pattern I mentioned. You
write the horse **** you do when you've had your ass handed to you, or are
about to. I've also noticed, you have a tendency to have that happen far more
often than not on a wide variety of subjects. In other words, you're one of
those really ****ing stupid people who upon discovery, brings the global IQ
down several points.

--
It's amazing how long it takes to finish something you're not working on.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
Gremlin wrote just the **** you’d
expect from a desperate cowering gutless ****wit.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 19:59:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID: