Old February 15th 21, 02:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Global Warming at it's best!

On 02/14/2021 12:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/14/2021 1:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/14/2021 12:04 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 11:42:55 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
NOT!!

Who else is in the path of the Polar Vortex dipping south? I don't
remember it having been this cold as long as I've been living in
Oklahoma.

I recommend two courses of study for you:

The difference between climate and weather.

The behavior of comples, nonlinear systems.

The Earth is going to do it's own thing. Humans, in their
self-aborbed mindsets, seem to believe it's possible to CHANGE the
Earth's climate.

The Earth makes fools of such people.

No people make fools of themselves. 7 billion people digging up things,
burning fuel, tearing out forests,creating pollution can make a
difference. Everything we do is like ****ing in your water well.

Ah, the elephant in the room. Rather than applying BandAids to maintain
something similar to the status quo for a few more years it's time to
thin the herd.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...cade-1950-2050

While the growth rate is slowing somewhat world wide it is increasing in
those parts of the world least likely to bring new solutions to the table.

Old February 15th 21, 02:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 12:04 PM, wrote:
[...]

No need to thin the herd, its doing what needs to be done itself.

Birth rates are dropping EVERYWHERE now except
when its already right down in the noise and India
and China combined, by far the two most populous
countries is already not even self replacing.

The world population will peak at about 10 billion.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...cade-1950-2050

While the growth rate is slowing somewhat world wide it is increasing in
those parts of the world least likely to bring new solutions to the table.

Don’t need new solutions, its fixing itself fine.

Old February 15th 21, 03:03 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 8:21 PM, rbowman wrote:

The Earth makes fools of such people.

No people make fools of themselves.* 7 billion people digging up things,
burning fuel, tearing out forests,creating pollution can make a
difference.* Everything we do is like ****ing in your water well.

Ah, the elephant in the room. Rather than applying BandAids to maintain
something similar to the status quo for a few more years it's time to
thin the herd.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...cade-1950-2050

While the growth rate is slowing somewhat world wide it is increasing in
those parts of the world least likely to bring new solutions to the table.

We don't hear much serious talk about it but yes, we should be stopping
growth. Making babies has been good for the economy. Now that many of
us are on the receiving end of SS and Medicare what happens when the
number of contributors slows considerably? Won't hurt me, but could
hurt our kids.

There are a lot of things most of us never thought about. How long
should the human race as we know it exist? What are you willing to do
to prolong it for another century or hundred centuries? The sea and
land do have limits to how much food they can produce.

We are working on alternatives, but some day we will run out of oil.
so, do we buy a small car that gets 40 mpg over the Luxobarge we really
want that gets 15 mpg?

How about cruise ships? They get inches per gallon of fuel. Should be
keep loading up boats to go party on the ocean or sink them all to
extend the life of oil availability?
Old February 15th 21, 03:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:40:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 2/14/2021 6:42 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 2/14/2021 8:42 AM, Muggles wrote:
NOT!!

Who else is in the path of the Polar Vortex dipping south? I don't
remember it having been this cold as long as I've been living in
Oklahoma.

Winter Storm Warning in Eastern Oklahoma
Active for next 1 day National Weather Service
This alert has been updated.
Posted 5 hours ago
...HIGH IMPACT WINTER STORM EXPECTED ACROSS EASTERN OKLAHOMA AND
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8
inches. Locally higher amounts possible. Very cold wind chills
as *low as 20 to 25 below zero* also expected by early Monday
morning.

* WHERE...Portions of east central, northeast and southeast
Oklahoma.

* WHEN...Through 6 PM CST Monday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could become very dangerous. Blowing snow
could significantly reduce visibility. The cold wind chills as
low as 25 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in
as little as 30 minutes.

It is good that you can see that extreme weather is a result of global
warming. I would not have believed you knew that if I didn't see you say
it. I assumed you would be a denier.

Trump was going to fix it in his second term, right along with
healthcare. People like you stopped him.

Dagnabit.
Old February 15th 21, 03:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote
rbowman wrote

The Earth makes fools of such people.

No people make fools of themselves. 7 billion people digging up things,
burning fuel, tearing out forests,creating pollution can make a
difference. Everything we do is like ****ing in your water well.

Ah, the elephant in the room. Rather than applying BandAids to maintain
something similar to the status quo for a few more years it's time to
thin the herd.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...cade-1950-2050
While the growth rate is slowing somewhat world wide it is increasing in
those parts of the world least likely to bring new solutions to the
table.

We don't hear much serious talk about it but yes, we should be stopping
growth.

No need to, its stopping itself.

Making babies has been good for the economy.

And always will be.

Now that many of us are on the receiving end of SS and Medicare what
happens when the number of contributors slows considerably?

Even more reason for more babies to work and pay
taxes to fund those receiving SS and Medicare.

Won't hurt me, but could hurt our kids.

Not while ever immigrants keep pouring into the
country and breeding faster than the locals do.

Japan already has a problem with not enough immigrants,
but those on their equivalent of SS and Medicare mostly
still do fine, although they do have some old homeless.
But so does the USA.

There are a lot of things most of us never thought about. How long should
the human race as we know it exist?

No one will ever know that.

What are you willing to do to prolong it for another century or hundred
centuries?

Don’t need to do anything, it will continue fine.

The sea and land do have limits to how much food they can produce.

But given that the population will peak
at around 10 billion, they can be fed fine.

We are working on alternatives, but some day we will run out of oil.

But won't run out of nuclear material and may
eventually be able to do fusion economically.

so, do we buy a small car that gets 40 mpg over the Luxobarge we really
want that gets 15 mpg?

That will fix itself as the oil gets less common, just
like it did when whales were almost killed off.

How about cruise ships? They get inches per gallon of fuel. Should be
keep loading up boats to go party on the ocean or sink them all to extend
the life of oil availability?

Or nuclear power them. We already know how to do that.

Old February 15th 21, 03:47 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:37:45 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 2/14/2021 12:04 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 11:42:55 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
NOT!!

Who else is in the path of the Polar Vortex dipping south? I don't
remember it having been this cold as long as I've been living in
Oklahoma.

I recommend two courses of study for you:

The difference between climate and weather.

The behavior of comples, nonlinear systems.

The Earth is going to do it's own thing.* Humans, in their
self-aborbed mindsets, seem to believe it's possible to CHANGE the
Earth's climate.

The Earth makes fools of such people.

No people make fools of themselves.* 7 billion people digging up
things, burning fuel, tearing out forests,creating pollution can make
a difference.* Everything we do is like ****ing in your water well.

Despite humans the EARTH still does it's own thing regardless of those
things.

Yes, it does its own thing until humans **** it up. What is natural
about dams? Deforestation? Burning oil? Smoke belching factories?
Strip mining? You really think that does nothing? Taking tons of fopd
from the oceans?

And pouring millions of tons of non-degradables in the oceans. Plastic
everywhere, thousands of miles from shore, to the lowest depths, in the
stomaches of fish.

Muggles should have gone to Lake Erie to see the mess people made of it,
with aiui no fish and no plantlife in southern Lake Erie. That is until
environmentalists changed the rules, stopped much or most of the
polution entering it and after decades it's doing pretty well now.

If people can kill Lake Erie they can kill any part of the Earth too.
Maybe all of it.

Surely you are not that stupid.

Old February 15th 21, 04:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 12:04 PM, wrote:
[...]

Nope, the oceans are much more robust than that.

Maybe all of it.

No chance.

Old February 15th 21, 04:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 12:04 PM, wrote:
[...]

from the oceans?* Surely you are not that stupid.

The Earth is still alive and not concerned with humans at all. With or
w/o our help the Earth will keep spinning until it doesn't.

--
Maggie
Old February 15th 21, 04:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 12:04 PM, wrote:
[...]

They could make the Cuyahoga burn too.
Old February 15th 21, 04:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 6:58 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Muggles wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Muggles wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote
Muggles wrote

NOT!!

Who else is in the path of the Polar Vortex dipping south? I don't
remember it having been this cold as long as I've been living in
Oklahoma.

Winter Storm Warning in Eastern Oklahoma
Active for next 1 day · National Weather Service
This alert has been updated.
Posted 5 hours ago
...HIGH IMPACT WINTER STORM EXPECTED ACROSS EASTERN OKLAHOMA AND
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY...

If you look at the science of climate you will find that global
warming makes for greater extremes.* A cold week or two is nothing
compared to the overall climate change.* For every cold day there
will be a bunch more warmer days to exceed it.

The Earth is alive, and it changes as the planet sees fit to change.

I thought your arsehole of a god decided what happens with everything.

Have you not heard?

I have certainly heard lots of bull**** about various gods.

God made everything and gave it to humanity to take care of.

So your arsehole of a god created smallpox,
polio, the plague, ebola etc etc etc. And you
grovel to such a complete and utter arsehole ?

Did you not know that everything God made was perfect and good. Adam and
Eve brought sin into the world and mankind was given the responsibility
thereafter. All the things you listed humans are responsible for.

--
Maggie