Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 9 Feb 2021 12:28:51 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

Congratulations.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

Vaccines are useless in some states.Â* Here in Michigan, Governor Cruella de Vil says you still have to wear a mask and social distance.

And if a conservative Republican tries to board a plane at DTW without a mask,Â* TSA will write you a $1500 ticket.

However, if you want to commit election fraud, Michigan's Attorney General seems to be ignoring that crime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 6:37:54 AM UTC-5, Republican Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

Vaccines are useless in some states. Here in Michigan, Governor Cruella de Vil says you still have to wear a mask and social distance.

That doesn't make the mask useless, stupid.

And if a conservative Republican tries to board a plane at DTW without a mask, TSA will write you a $1500 ticket.

If anyone tries to board a plane without a mask, the same thing happens.
It has nothing to do with being a conservative, just being stupid.

However, if you want to commit election fraud, Michigan's Attorney General seems to be ignoring that crime.

Funny that 3 months after the election, you stupid liars still haven't put forth
any evidence of fraud that could have changed the results. Trump lost by
7 mil votes, by the same margin in the EC college that he won in 2016.
When Trump lost by 3 mil votes last time, he claimed it was a landslide.
This time he loses by 7 mil votes and it's a "stolen election". Why are you
dummies still following him down the toilet? Do you want Democrats to
rule forever?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I saw a survey recently that said 70% of Americans agree with wearing a
mask. So most folk are sensible.
I'll try and find the link.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.
Vaccines are useless in some states. Here in Michigan, Governor
Cruella de Vil says you still have to wear a mask and social distance.

That doesn't make the mask useless, stupid.

And if a conservative Republican tries to board a plane at DTW
without a mask, TSA will write you a $1500 ticket.

If anyone tries to board a plane without a mask, the same thing happens.
It has nothing to do with being a conservative, just being stupid.

However, if you want to commit election fraud, Michigan's Attorney
General seems to be ignoring that crime.

Funny that 3 months after the election, you stupid liars still haven't
put forth
any evidence of fraud that could have changed the results.Â* Trump lost by
7 mil votes, by the same margin in the EC college that he won in 2016.
When Trump lost by 3 mil votes last time, he claimed it was a landslide.
This time he loses by 7 mil votes and it's a "stolen election".Â* Why
are you
dummies still following him down the toilet?Â* Do you want Democrats to
rule forever?

I saw a survey recently that said 70% of Americans agree with wearing a
mask. So most folk are sensible.
I'll try and find the link.

Found it:
https://kslnewsradio.com/1938988/mor...-study-shows/?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Interesting fact in that link: The trend splits slightly among party
lines, as Democrats are more likely to report wearing their masks in
public. Roughly 87% of Democrats report wearing their masks every time
they leave their house, compared to just 55% of Republicans.
Seventy-one percent of independents report wearing theirs in public.

Seems that democrats are the more sensible in general.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

No surprises there. The Republicans have gone crazy and somehow turned
wearing a mask into another nasty, divisive political crap show. Trump played
a large part in that, by refusing to recommend masks, by mocking them,
by holding maskless, no social distancing death rallies. All that will be there
for future historians. Meanwhile, the stupid governor of Iowa, a Republican.
just lifted the mask requirements there for the state. It's just incredible,
the stupidity and denial. The infection rate is declining which is a good thing,
but it's still above the peak of the summer and we saw what happened when
similar lifting was done back then. And it's just a freaking mask, these dopes
act like it's the worst, most awful thing ever. Again, where the Republicans are
today, there isn't much there that I can support. Seems others agree. I see
where ~10K people left the GOP in January in each of several swing states
like PA and AZ. That's interesting isn't it? While the crazy Republicans still
think the election was stolen, they are losing the next election right now.
There was no evidence of any fraud that could have changed the results.
But ~10K votes is in the range that determined GA and a few more months of
people leaving the party could determine the 2022 races. Also the GOP
have lost the independents, they are fed up with them. But heh, better
to keep follow the orange clown down the toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

That's good to hear. I have mine at 11. I was in the online queue for one of the
state megasites yesterday. They have been opening it up for online appointments
a few days a week. I tried three times before, there were 17K to 32K people ahead
of me for about 1K appointments. But yesterday, there were 24K ahead for 15K
appointments. That's a big improvement. They are doing this 3 times a week.
Who knows how many there will be next time. That is the only state megasite
that's doing it that way. The others mostly have online registration via their
own tool, don't call us we'll call you. Or they just use the NJ state registration
sign up. The megasite above, has their own registration, they are doing the online,
real-time thing and I guess you could wind up there via the state registration too.
It's all one big hot mess. I just got lucky with the county health dept. I'm still
in about 7 other places, we'll see when and if they get back to me. There is
no way to remove yourself, so we'll see.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2021 3:37 AM, Republican Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered.Â* Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

Vaccines are useless in some states.Â* Here in Michigan, Governor Cruella
de Vil says you still have to wear a mask and social distance.

And if a conservative Republican tries to board a plane at DTW without a
mask,Â* TSA will write you a $1500 ticket.

Good for Governor Whitmer. She's doing exactly what she should to
protect the health of Michigan's population, and following national
guidelines. And the population of Michigan is very approving of her
performance. Masks and distancing are bringing down the huge recent
expansion of covid, and there are new, more infectious varieties of the
disease threatening
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

https://www.albawaba.com/editors-cho...accine-1410233

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I see.
My appointment was at 12.04pm yesterday. I arrived at 11.50.am and they
did me immediately, I was out by 12.04, a minute before my appointment
time :-)
What surprised me was that there not a trace of blood where they jabbed
me, I've never known that before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2021 9:30 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered.Â* Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

https://www.albawaba.com/editors-cho...accine-1410233

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Sure but Bill Gates can control your gayness with the chip they put in
with the vaccine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered.Â* Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

https://www.albawaba.com/editors-cho...accine-1410233

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Sure but Bill Gates can control your gayness with the chip they put in
with the vaccine.

Just found this madness:

The Covid Vaccine has 666 Written All Over It€¦and Why that Doesnt
Matter According to Revelation

Sadly, some people€”many of them sincere Christians€”are terrified that
they will be forced to take the mark of the beast

https://academic.logos.com/the-covid...to-revelation/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered.Â* Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

https://www.albawaba.com/editors-cho...accine-1410233

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Even worse, traitor might become a Trump supporter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/21 7:52 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Funny that 3 months after the election, you stupid liars still haven't put forth
any evidence of fraud that could have changed the results. Trump lost by
7 mil votes, by the same margin in the EC college that he won in 2016.
When Trump lost by 3 mil votes last time, he claimed it was a landslide.
This time he loses by 7 mil votes and it's a "stolen election". Why are you
dummies still following him down the toilet? Do you want Democrats to
rule forever?

President trump won. The democrats cheated.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/pro-tr...etroit-voters/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered.Â* Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

https://www.albawaba.com/editors-cho...accine-1410233

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Even worse, traitor might become a Trump supporter.

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive gay transpartisan organization
in the history of American politics."

- Joe Bribe'm
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Or they are likely to say what the interviewer would like to hear.

It would be interesting to actually observe what they actually do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered.Â* Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

https://www.albawaba.com/editors-cho...accine-1410233

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Even worse, traitor might become a Trump supporter.

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive gay
transpartisan organization
in the history of American politics."

- Joe Bribe'm

As a gay, Trump supporter, he would do himself in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

Be sure you cancel the rest of them. Part of the gridlock problem is
people slamming every available server requesting an appointment for
one shot. Then they don't show up and the vaccine might be wasted.
We have people hanging around the vaccination stations, just hoping to
"scalp" a dose left by a no-show.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.

Be sure you cancel the rest of them. Part of the gridlock problem is
people slamming every available server requesting an appointment for
one shot. Then they don't show up and the vaccine might be wasted.
We have people hanging around the vaccination stations, just hoping to
"scalp" a dose left by a no-show.

No way to cancel at any of the places I registered with, about 7 of them.
But there isn't any risk of anything being wasted. This is just registration
to be notified when you can make an appointment. And even then they
don't appear to be waiting very long, they notify way more people than they
have vaccine for. You would think that once they notified you via text or email
they would tell you that they have a spot available, you need to now make
the appointment by midnight tomorrow. Instead, a friend of mine got
notified from one of the 6 NJ state megasites that he registered with via
email around 8PM. They said they had appointments available,
gave him a code to go online and make one. By the time he saw the
email and got to the website,
it was 75 mins later. He filled out the questionare for the appointment,
at the end it said, sorry, no more appointments available, nothing about
what to do next.

Now next thing, you'd think that once selected, you should be at the top
of the list when they get vaccine. But it's been about a week and he's
heard nothing more, so it looks like you go back into the big pool with
everyone else. He's 76, pre-existing conditions, so he's clearly in the
active pool. So, it's one big cluster f***. Fortunately for him, he got
lucky and heard by word of mouth to try a county near him in NC
where he lives part time. He got through by phone and got the vaccine.

So I'll see when and if I get contacted by the 7 other places I'm registered
with. All this is govt incompetence, both from the Trump administration and
the states. They had 9 months to get this right, to have people register
starting in Sept or Oct., to have websites and phone banks that could
handle it, to do it by first letter of your last name to avoid a rush, etc.
But the US has fallen badly and can't get up. We have the death numbers
to prove it. As I've said before, where were the plans to quickly bring up
more lines to make any of the six vaccines that panned out? We should
be hearing that there will be new lines producing the two vaccines
coming on line next month, etc. Instead that dope Trump refused an
offer from Pfizer to play more orders, Biden had to do it, that vaccine
isn't coming until summer. There should have been plans to replicate
any of the 6 vaccine lines to make enough to get 80% of Americans
vaccinated in 6 months. Make sure the equipment is available, use
DPA. Instead Trump declared that we were in a war, then surrendered
and chose lying and denial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I don't know if you noticed but Biden is the president now and this is
all on him if you really believe the president has anything to do with
it at all.
I don't.
Once the vaccines are allocated to the states, the feds are out of it.
I do agree there should be a single portal to sign up and it sounds
like when they actually get the private pharmacies doing this in any
meaningful way they will be using the computer network that pharmacies
already have in place.
This is still a vaccine shortage problem tho and will not be solved
until they can keep up with demand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yep

and this is all on him

Nope

if you really believe the president
has anything to do with it at all.

Nope, not if Trump had ****ed it up previously and
had let hordes of infected people enter the country.

I don't.

Once the vaccines are allocated to the states, the feds are out of it.
I do agree there should be a single portal to sign up and it sounds
like when they actually get the private pharmacies doing this in any
meaningful way they will be using the computer network that pharmacies
already have in place.
This is still a vaccine shortage problem tho and will not be solved
until they can keep up with demand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:16:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Yeah, they told me to wait 15mins because I was driving, but I only gave
it 5 :-)
I felt perfectly ok. BTW, I had the Oxford(Astra Zenica) version.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

You're just confused and wrong again. Trump had 9 months to work on
a rational, uniform system for the country. Remember in spring when he
held that news conference and told the whopping lies about Google having
2500 engineers working on a website? A website that all Americans
could access and that would direct them to a Covid testing facility,
where anyone that wanted a test could get one? All a total fabrication,
it was immediately denied by Google. Just imagine if instead he had
actually done something like that, to get a website that all states and
facilities could have used to schedule vaccines. He had 9 months.
Biden has had 3 weeks.

I don't.
Once the vaccines are allocated to the states, the feds are out of it.
I do agree there should be a single portal to sign up and it sounds
like when they actually get the private pharmacies doing this in any
meaningful way they will be using the computer network that pharmacies
already have in place.
This is still a vaccine shortage problem tho and will not be solved
until they can keep up with demand.

Imagine if we had a competent, fit president. Trump is supposed to be the
business genius, the guy that can organize, build things, make things happen.
What would a Jack Welch, Andy Grove or Bill Gates have asked and done?
It's not rocket science.

1 - Let's have a goal of being able to vaccinate 75% of Americans within
4 months of first vaccine availability. What will it take to meet that?

2 - We have 6 vaccine candidates, we don't know which ones will be
successful, so let's have plans in place, the equipment needed, facilities,
to put any of the 6 into volume production to meet that. What will it
take? Make sure the eqpt is available, use DPA as needed.

3 - Have a national website for easy vaccine registration, get people
to register starting in September.

Instead Trump was so stupid and reckless that when Pfizer offered up 100 mil
more doses in late summer, Trump refused. Biden finally ordered them, but
now they won't arrive until late summer because everyone else is ahead of
us. We are just extremely lucky that
three of the 6 vaccines panned out. Suppose only one had, where would we be
then? We can do great things, we created a massive, unprecedented industrial
program to build the atomic bomb, nothing like it has been seen since. We
had a program to put man on the moon. Those took leadership and vision.
Under Trump, instead of that, we had lying and denying. Israel has 66% vaccinated
and they don't even make any vaccine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I have a sore and slightly swollen arm, but that's all so far. The CDC has been
checking in with me each day via text and website to collect data. That will
continue daily until some time after the second shot, then monthly, etc for a year.
You think that will make Muggles happy, show that people aren't dying from it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Glad you've got only slight effects. Good to Know there is a post
vaccine checking system in place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

No prez gets to impose that on the country, stupid.

reams of even sillier ****/ranting flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 04:41:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 10 Feb 2021 13:16:58 +0000, Bod
wrote:

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Yes, indeed. You can also see that by the posts to this ng.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

First, Flip-Flop Fauci said we don't need to wear masks.

Then he flipped and said we should wear masks until we flattened the curve.

Then Flipper Fauci said we could stop wearing masks after we got the vaccine.

After we got the vaccine, Flipper Fauci said we should wear two masks.

Now Joe Xiden says we have to wear masks for another year. I thought Xiden said he had a plan?

I saw a picture of the latest illegal caravan coming across the border.

Apparently the illegals are not required to wear masks at all?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Â*
Found it:
https://kslnewsradio.com/1938988/mor...-study-shows/?

Interesting fact in that link: The trend splits slightly among party
lines, as Democrats are more likely to report wearing their masks in
public. Roughly 87% of Democrats report wearing their masks every time
they leave their house, compared to just 55% of Republicans.
Seventy-one percent of independents report wearing theirs in public.

Seems that democrats are the more sensible in general.

Yes, indeed.Â* You can also see that by the posts to this ng.

First, Flip-Flop Fauci said we don't need to wear masks.

Then he flipped and said we should wear masks until we flattened the curve.

Then Flipper Fauci said we could stop wearing masks after we got the
vaccine.

After we got the vaccine, Flipper Fauci said we should wear two masks.

Now Joe Xiden says we have to wear masks for another year. I thought
Xiden said he had a plan?

I saw a picture of the latest illegal caravan coming across the border.

Apparently the illegals are not required to wear masks at all?

Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be
afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be
afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be
afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid Be afraid .
Posted to alt.home.repair,us.politics

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:27:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

You're just confused and wrong again. Trump had 9 months to work on
a rational, uniform system for the country. Remember in spring when he
held that news conference and told the whopping lies about Google having
2500 engineers working on a website? A website that all Americans
could access and that would direct them to a Covid testing facility,
where anyone that wanted a test could get one? All a total fabrication,
it was immediately denied by Google. Just imagine if instead he had
actually done something like that, to get a website that all states and
facilities could have used to schedule vaccines. He had 9 months.
Biden has had 3 weeks.

Biden stated both during the election and prior to inauguration that he had a
plan. Like most else he has no plan and gets away with it from media ignorance.

Also, if your memory goes back that far; the states demanded control and were
given it. Once again gov't (in)action.

You blamed every fart in the wind when Trump was president so now Biden was
elected and you must assign blame for every fart in the wind to him.

Reposted to the group us.politics which is where this post belongs.
Please subscribe and post there.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:50:12 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.

I understand that they use carbines with vaccine darts to do the
injecting.

I can't remember where I learned that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 10:14:41 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...
Seems that democrats are the more sensible in general.

Ha ha from Bod, what a limey loser. They have a ****show over there but Bod
doesn't care. He's more interested in the good ol' USA. Home of the free and
the brave! He has never made any contribution to this group. He stirs up hate
and dissent with his left wing buddies here.

[...]

Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes them easier
to control and dominate.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:20:02 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Hoffman wrote:

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.

I understand that they use carbines with vaccine darts to do the
injecting.

I can't remember where I learned that.

Didn't they used to give injections with high pressure "syringes" that
resembled auto body spray guns?

--
Tekkie