DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garage floods when it rains (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/684644-garage-floods-when-rains.html)

Tony Purcell January 30th 21 04:15 PM

Garage floods when it rains

Everytime it rains, water trickles from 3 distinct areas in the garage and congregates to the right in a massive puddle (takes up to 9 buckets to get rid of the water). Any Ideas?
I can't attach any photos whilst registering this new post as the site wont allow me to post if I add any but I can do that for anyone who needs to see it.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-3091364-.htm

trader_4 January 30th 21 05:05 PM

Garage floods when it rains

On Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 11:15:06 AM UTC-5, Tony Purcell wrote:
Everytime it rains, water trickles from 3 distinct areas in the garage and congregates to the right in a massive puddle (takes up to 9 buckets to get rid of the water). Any Ideas?
I can't attach any photos whilst registering this new post as the site wont allow me to post if I add any but I can do that for anyone who needs to see it.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-3091364-.htm

Too little information. Concrete floor? Is the water coming up through the floor
or coming in from outside, like near an outside wall? Drainage in the area?
Gutters properly working, water from them directed 6 ft or more away from
the building? Earth graded away from the building so water runs off?
Go outside in a heavy rain and make sure that water is really going where you
think it's going.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] January 30th 21 05:08 PM

Garage floods when it rains

On 1/30/2021 11:15 AM, Tony Purcell wrote:
Everytime it rains, water trickles from 3 distinct areas in the garage
and congregates to the right in a massive puddle (takes up to 9 buckets
to get rid of the water).Â* Any Ideas?
I can't attach any photos whilst registering this new post as the site
wont allow me to post if I add any but I can do that for anyone who
needs to see it.

I have an idea. How about a good description. Does the water come in
from the roof? The walls? The foundation? Is part of the garage below
grade?

You can post photos and give a link to the site, like postimage.org

[email protected] January 30th 21 05:20 PM

Garage floods when it rains

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 16:15:02 +0000, Tony Purcell
wrote:

Everytime it rains, water trickles from 3 distinct areas in the garage
and congregates to the right in a massive puddle
(takes up to 9 buckets to get rid of the water). Any Ideas?

I'm glad you specified that it puddles on the right -
.. if it was on the left, it would form a
sparkling clean pool.
John T.

Tekkie© February 3rd 21 08:22 PM

Garage floods when it rains

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 09:05:14 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

[...]

To OP good advice here.

--
Tekkie