Old January 13th 21, 05:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Why would this virus be different from the other viruses?

Muggles submitted this idea :
On 1/12/2021 2:15 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:07:45 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 1/12/2021 10:30 AM, wrote:

Likewise, masks can't prevent Covid infection, either.

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

Maggie

You are correct in one way - this virus is a real spreader
and " prevention " is quite difficult .. but ..

__most__ people know that the public safety measures are designed
to __slow down__ the spread, while keeping some essential services
and businesses running safely .. as safe as possible
Public safety has never required HEALTHY people to wear masks at their
own risk. Sick people wear masks - not healthy people. Noone can stop
one person from getting sick.

One more time:

People can have the virus and be spreading the virus yet still not show any
symptoms. They can have the virus and not even know it. They think
they're
healthy, but they're not.

Life has functioned this way for thousands of years. You don't mask healthy
people.

We sure do, just look around and you see them all the time. Especially
in hospitals where most people know how effective they are. Not so much
in churches where they believe things that are blessed are immune.

When those people wear masks, it helps to prevent them from spreading the
virus to people who don't have the virus. Without testing every single
person,
we won't know who needs to wear a mask and who doesn't. So we wear masks
out of a sense of good citizenship.

There's NO PROOF masking people "prevents" one person from catching a virus.

Which is completely irrelevant to how they prevent many people from
catching a virus.

You cannot compel a free society of people to get tested for any illness.

Name such a free society, so I can investigate this claim.

[snipped more blathering]

Old January 13th 21, 05:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/12/2021 10:30 AM, wrote:

[...]

I look around and I see many people NOT WEARING MASKS! It's too bad you
can't see them...

When those people wear masks, it helps to prevent them from spreading
the
virus to people who don't have the virus.* Without testing every
single person,
we won't know who needs to wear a mask and who doesn't.* So we wear
masks
out of a sense of good citizenship.

There's NO PROOF masking people "prevents" one person from catching a
virus.

Which is completely irrelevant to how they prevent many people from
catching a virus.

They DON'T prevent anyone from catching a virus. That's RELEVANT!

SNIPPED IRRELEVANT NONSENSE

--
Maggie
Old January 13th 21, 09:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles explained on 1/13/2021 :
On 1/12/2021 10:30 AM, wrote:

[...]

I'm glad I don't see them, especially in hospitals.

When those people wear masks, it helps to prevent them from spreading the
virus to people who don't have the virus.* Without testing every single
person,
we won't know who needs to wear a mask and who doesn't.* So we wear masks
out of a sense of good citizenship.

There's NO PROOF masking people "prevents" one person from catching a
virus.

Which is completely irrelevant to how they prevent many people from
catching a virus.

They DON'T prevent anyone from catching a virus. That's RELEVANT!

No it isn't, you are using too small a dataset with your 'one'
strawman. Groups have different results from individuals.

SNIPPED IRRELEVANT NONSENSE

Hahaha.
Old January 14th 21, 12:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/12/2021 10:30 AM, wrote:

[...]

And you live in a state with very high covid rates. It's too bad you can
see them.