Old January 13th 21, 05:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Why would this virus be different from the other viruses?

FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Don't tell me, I didn't say it. Oliver George said it

"Oliver George" is just the nym-shifting astraweb
troll under a new identity and usenet provider.

Old January 13th 21, 05:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Scott Lurndal presented the following explanation :
FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Don't tell me, I didn't say it. Oliver George said it

"Oliver George" is just the nym-shifting astraweb
troll under a new identity and usenet provider.

I am aware, on both counts. Muggles still doesn't know that masks are
not designed to protect the wearer, and the propagandist can't even
stay focussed on the thread and respond coherently to direct retorts.

They are both pretty good at non sequiturs though.
Old January 13th 21, 05:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2021 10:38 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Nope ... Pls prove anything prevents one person from catching a virus.

--
Maggie
Old January 13th 21, 06:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

*Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Don't tell me, I didn't say it. Oliver George said it

"Oliver George" is just the nym-shifting astraweb
troll under a new identity and usenet provider.

I am aware, on both counts. Muggles still doesn't know that masks are
not designed to protect the wearer,

Masks don't protect you or me from catching anything. The wearer is
simply donning a fashion clothing item that comes with a warning that
they aren't meant for medical use.

hmmm I thought masks being used to "protect other people from catching
a virus" means they're being used for medical reasons?

Gee ... try some logic.

and the propagandist can't even stay
focussed on the thread and respond coherently to direct retorts.

I respond just fine. You're problem is you can't see past your nose ...

They are both pretty good at non sequiturs though.

hahaha! I'm just telling the truth. Masks can't stop a virus, and a
fashion clothing mask does ZERO to protect anyone from catching a virus.

--
Maggie
Old January 13th 21, 09:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles laid this down on his screen :
FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

*Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Don't tell me, I didn't say it. Oliver George said it

"Oliver George" is just the nym-shifting astraweb
troll under a new identity and usenet provider.

I am aware, on both counts. Muggles still doesn't know that masks are not
designed to protect the wearer,

Masks don't protect you or me from catching anything. The wearer is simply
donning a fashion clothing item that comes with a warning that they aren't
meant for medical use.

Wrong, they reduce contamination which results in fewer lives lost.

hmmm I thought masks being used to "protect other people from catching a
virus" means they're being used for medical reasons?

That passes for thinking in your world? They're used for public health
reasons.

Gee ... try some logic.

I am. It doesn't ever seem to work with you though.

and the propagandist can't even stay focussed on the thread and respond
coherently to direct retorts.

I respond just fine. You're problem is you can't see past your nose ...

They are both pretty good at non sequiturs though.

hahaha! I'm just telling the truth. Masks can't stop a virus, and a fashion
clothing mask does ZERO to protect anyone from catching a virus.

Wrong. There are plenty of individuals being helped by the wearing of
masks. The fact that you think it cannot be shown that any one person
donning a mask helps any one other person does not mean no person is
being helped.

Old January 14th 21, 12:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters writes:
[...]

MANY thousands of people are being protected by masks. That is well proven.

Old January 14th 21, 12:57 AM posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

* Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Nope ...* Pls prove anything prevents one person from catching a virus.

As long as it has been proven that huge numbers of people avoid
spreading covid by wearing masks, nobody need to prove that anyONE
person is saved.

Old January 16th 21, 05:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters writes:
Muggles brought next idea :

NOTHING you do can be proven to prevent Covid infection.

*Muggles obviously is scientifically ignorant.

Don't tell me, I didn't say it. Oliver George said it

"Oliver George" is just the nym-shifting astraweb
troll under a new identity and usenet provider.

I am aware, on both counts. Muggles still doesn't know that masks are
not designed to protect the wearer,

Masks don't protect you or me from catching anything.* The wearer is
simply donning a fashion clothing item that comes with a warning that
they aren't meant for medical use.

Wrong, they reduce contamination which results in fewer lives lost.

There's NO proof masks reduce anything, let alone save lives.

Just a few Disclaimers:

This product is intended for general purpose infection control
practices. When properly worn, it reduces potential contact by the
wearer to blood and bodily fluids, but
*DOES NOT eliminate the risk of contracting any disease or infection.*
Change the mask immediately if splashed with blood or bodily fluid.

https://www.baymedicalcompany.com/pr...oop-face-mask/

OnebyoneMask 3-Layer Individually Wrapped Packaged Premium Face Mask -
Made In USA - Pack of 30

30 Individually Packed Premium Masks. Made in USA.
3-Layer disposable face mask. Soft and easy to breathe.
One size fits adult face shape. Adjustable nose clip bridge.6.89in
x 3.74in / 175mmx 95mm.
Designed for everyday protection. Very soft, comfortable and easy
to use.
Non-sterile, *this mask Is not intended for medical use.*
https://tinyurl.com/y63yy2cb

Masks are not designed or intended to prevent, mitigate, treat, diagnose
or cure any disease or health condition, including COVID-19/Coronavirus.
Masks are intended for general public use only. They are non-sterile
and are not intended for use in any clinical or surgical setting or
where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the
risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or
flammable gas. Masks are not surgical masks, personal protective
equipment, or filtering respirators (such as N95 masks).
MASKS ARE PROVIDED AS-IS WITH ALL FAULTS, AND REDBUBBLE SPECIFICALLY
DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING (WITHOUT
LIMITATION) IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. REDBUBBLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THAT MASKS WILL
PREVENT INFECTION OR THE TRANSMISSION OF VIRUSES OR DISEASES.
https://help.redbubble.com/hc/en-us/...nd-Disclaimers
--
Maggie
Old January 16th 21, 06:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters writes:
[...]

You're misunderstanding what those disclaimers mean. They are just
covering themselves.
Old January 16th 21, 06:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

FromTheRafters writes:
[...]

huh? Covering themselves? They're actually advertising correctly by
stating a specific disclaimer for their product.

--
Maggie