Old January 12th 21, 07:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default ISP Blocks Twitter and Facebook

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 1/12/2021 12:19 AM, Fred wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 1/11/2021 11:20 PM, Fred wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 13:31:45 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/
Individual customers can request that either or both get
restored.

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

That is easier said than done unless you want to use dial up.

Bull**** it is.

So, you know how every address in the area gets internet service?

I know that there is more than just the one non dialup for most.

"Most" is not all.

He was talking about all.

Where I lived in CT it was the cable company or the phone company.

But the phone company isnt just dialup anymore.

Old January 12th 21, 08:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trolling Senile Australian Pest keeps Acting up on Usenet!

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 05:37:05 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

You really want to know it now, eh, my senile punching bag? Guess how it
will end for you again? LMAO
Old January 12th 21, 08:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/

** Individual customers can request that either or both get
restored.

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

That is easier said than done unless you want to use dial up.

Bull**** it is.

So, you know how every address in the area gets internet service?

I know that there is more than just the one non dialup for most.

"Most" is not all.

He was talking about all.

Where I lived in CT it was the cable company or the phone company.

But the phone company isnt just dialup anymore.

Another generality. That was my only choice.
Old January 12th 21, 08:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/
Individual customers can request that either or both get
restored.

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

That is easier said than done unless you want to use dial up.

Bull**** it is.

So, you know how every address in the area gets internet service?

I know that there is more than just the one non dialup for most.

"Most" is not all.

He was talking about all.

Where I lived in CT it was the cable company or the phone company.

But the phone company isnt just dialup anymore.

Another generality. That was my only choice.

But isnt for me or all.

Old January 12th 21, 09:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:58 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

06:58??? AGAIN? So you've been up and trolling ALL NIGHT, yet again! And you
will be up and trolling ALL MORNING and ALL DAY long, yet again!

ROTFLOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

Old January 12th 21, 10:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 15:20:08 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 13:31:45 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/
Individual customers can request that either or both get restored.

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

That is easier said than done unless you want to use dial up.

Bull**** it is.

How many broad band providers does the typical person have if they are
not in the city?
Here it is one phone company and one cable company. The LTE (cell)
service was so bad I had to send it back so I don't consider that an
option. Maybe in 10 years when they get the mini nodes on my street I
will give them another shot but this county is not even on the
tentative schedule yet.
Old January 12th 21, 10:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/2021 9:31 PM, Fred wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/
Individual customers can request that either or both get restored.

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

I'd never notice it. Never use them.

I do use facebook a lot, daily, for local
news and running my own group.

My dog has a Facebook page but I don't. It does seem to be the best
place to see pictures of grand kids but not good for much else.
Old January 12th 21, 10:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 05:39:09 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 8:29:23 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/
Individual customers can request that either or both get restored.

I wonder what the Idaho laws on public utilities like internet providers have
to say about that. And it sounds like another business dumb enough to join
Trump's journey down the toilet, **** off more than half their customers.
What's next? Michael Dell, the pillow guy, won't sell a pillow to Democrats?

I am not sure all ISPs are considered public utilities and none are
like the old "Ma Bell" (regulated monopolies) in spite of the fact
that some are virtually monopolies in their areas.

The example here would be Comcast. They have a monopoly on truly fast
internet, unless you think 10mb is fast. They exploit that monopoly by
giving you lousy service and telling you "tough ****, what are you
going to do about it"?

My answer was "Live with 10".
Old January 12th 21, 10:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 13:31:45 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/11/idaho-internet-provider-blocks-facebook-twitter/
Individual customers can request that either or both get
restored.

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

That is easier said than done unless you want to use dial up.

Bull**** it is.

So, you know how every address in the area gets internet service?

I know that there is more than just the one non dialup for most.

"Most" is not all.

He was talking about all.

Where I lived in CT it was the cable company or the phone company.

But the phone company isnt just dialup anymore.

Yeah I can get a screaming 10mb out of the phone company and if I was
another half mile down the road that would be more like 3mb.