DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kohler toilet tank fill hose cap over canister keeps popping off (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/683815-kohler-toilet-tank-fill-hose-cap-over-canister-keeps-popping-off.html)

Ron Johnson[_3_] January 6th 21 01:46 AM

Kohler toilet tank fill hose cap over canister keeps popping off

Hi guys,

when I flush the toilet the cap attached to the fill hose that sits over the refill canister keeps popping off. I don't know if it might have been attached at some point or not. But, the canister keeps catching on something as well when this happen and it keeps running.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Ron

--
..-.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] January 6th 21 03:25 AM

On 1/5/2021 8:46 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi guys,

when I flush the toilet the cap attached to the fill hose that sits over the refill canister keeps popping off. I don't know if it might have been attached at some point or not. But, the canister keeps catching on something as well when this happen and it keeps running.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Ron

If you Google Kohler toilet parts there are a few videos showing how to
remove the canister. One of them may have an answer for you. I have a
couple but have not taken them apart yet so don't know about the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wy4...emen tChannel

Tekkie© January 7th 21 09:16 PM

Kohler toilet tank fill hose cap over canister keeps popping off

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 17:46:15 -0800 (PST), Ron Johnson posted for all of us to
digest...

Hi guys,

when I flush the toilet the cap attached to the fill hose that sits over the refill canister keeps popping off. I don't know if it might have been attached at some point or not. But, the canister keeps catching on something as well when this happen and it keeps running.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Ron

Like Ed P said but you could probably email the manufacturer and have them send
you one or the big box might have them. DAGS for toilet supplies or the like.

--
Tekkie