DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem With DeLonghi Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/68325-problem-delonghi-pinguino-portable-air-conditioner.html)

HvacTech2 September 8th 04 05:58 AM

Hi Stewart, hope you are having a nice day

On 07-Sep-04 At About 17:01:08, Stewart Berman wrote to All
Subject: Problem With DeLonghi Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner

SB From: Stewart Berman

SB The unit has a small tank that is only supposed to be needed when
SB running in dehumidifying mode. (It even says on the back that the
SB tank may be completely dry when running in air conditioning mode.)

SB Unfortunately, when the unit is running in air conditioning mode the
SB tank fills up in a few hours and the machine shuts off. It
SB orbitally seemed to work fine. Then I accidentally turned the
SB control to the dehumidifying selection. Now the tank fills up even
SB when the machine is not in dehumidifying mode.

SB The machine is out of warrantee and I don't want to pay for a repair
SB call just to have the technician tell me that is the way it works.

SB Is this typical of the DeLonghi air conditioners? If so there should
SB be a class action suit for false advertising.

SB Stu

when you run in A/C or dehumidify mode it is going to produce condensate.
is there a way to run a condensate pipe to a drain? or you could install a
condensate pump for it.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... Sure I know how to copy disks. Where's the Xerox machine?

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

Stewart Berman September 8th 04 07:01 AM

Problem With DeLonghi Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner

The unit has a small tank that is only supposed to be needed when
running in dehumidifying mode. (It even says on the back that the
tank may be completely dry when running in air conditioning mode.)

Unfortunately, when the unit is running in air conditioning mode the
tank fills up in a few hours and the machine shuts off. It orbitally
seemed to work fine. Then I accidentally turned the control to the
dehumidifying selection. Now the tank fills up even when the machine
is not in dehumidifying mode.

The machine is out of warrantee and I don't want to pay for a repair
call just to have the technician tell me that is the way it works.

Is this typical of the DeLonghi air conditioners? If so there should
be a class action suit for false advertising.

Stu

Edwin Pawlowski September 8th 04 11:16 AM

"Stewart Berman" wrote in message
Then I accidentally turned the control to the
dehumidifying selection. Now the tank fills up even when the machine
is not in dehumidifying mode.

Is this typical of the DeLonghi air conditioners? If so there should
be a class action suit for false advertising.

Sounds like a defect. Best to consult your lawyer instead of an AC tech or
service center.