Jeremy

Default A/c problem

Well we have two A/c units. One for downstairs one for up. A few weeks
after moving in I called the A/c company. Seems the upstairs A/c unit was
running all the time and not cooling. Tech comes out and says I have a
leak. Tells me he fixed the problem charged it up and guess what eventually
the same problem. This time tech comes out and says yep it's a leak. Hey
we are going to shut down the unit...discharge it and charge it with co2 and
come back in a day or so and check for leaks.

It's frickin 112 degrees out. Should I move out for a day or so?

HvacTech2

Hi Jeremy, hope you are having a nice day

On 07-Sep-04 At About 09:39:09, Jeremy wrote to All
Subject: A/c problem

J From: "Jeremy"

J Well we have two A/c units. One for downstairs one for up. A few
J weeks after moving in I called the A/c company. Seems the upstairs
J A/c unit was running all the time and not cooling. Tech comes out
J and says I have a leak. Tells me he fixed the problem charged it up
J and guess what eventually the same problem. This time tech comes
J out and says yep it's a leak. Hey we are going to shut down the
J unit...discharge it and charge it with co2 and come back in a day or
J so and check for leaks.

J It's frickin 112 degrees out. Should I move out for a day or so?

I would call a different company. He should have checked for a leak the first
time using an electronic leak detector. and if needed raise the pressure
using nitrogen, not co2. you should never use co2 as it has moisture in it.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... With a Lawyer involved, one should DRINK a 5th, not Plead it.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

HvacTech2 wrote:

...you should never use co2 as it has moisture in it.

HVAC chemistry? :-)

Nick

SQLit

"Jeremy" wrote in message
Well we have two A/c units. One for downstairs one for up. A few weeks
after moving in I called the A/c company. Seems the upstairs A/c unit was
running all the time and not cooling. Tech comes out and says I have a
leak. Tells me he fixed the problem charged it up and guess what

eventually
the same problem. This time tech comes out and says yep it's a leak. Hey
we are going to shut down the unit...discharge it and charge it with co2

and
come back in a day or so and check for leaks.

It's frickin 112 degrees out. Should I move out for a day or so?

call the owner and demand service.

---

Stormin Mormon

Sound unusual. The only reason I can think for charging with CO2 is to find
is "is there a leak, yes or no". Seeing as how you know there is, the
challenge is to find and repair the leak.

You may wish to consider another service company. This one doesn't appear to
be fixing the problem.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jeremy" wrote in message
Well we have two A/c units. One for downstairs one for up. A few weeks
after moving in I called the A/c company. Seems the upstairs A/c unit was
running all the time and not cooling. Tech comes out and says I have a
leak. Tells me he fixed the problem charged it up and guess what eventually
the same problem. This time tech comes out and says yep it's a leak. Hey
we are going to shut down the unit...discharge it and charge it with co2 and
come back in a day or so and check for leaks.

It's frickin 112 degrees out. Should I move out for a day or so?

Stormin Mormon

Your only service company is the one who's not fixing the problem.

Yer screwed.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HvacTech2" wrote in message
I would call a different company.

Stormin Mormon

Actually, carbon dioxide itself doesn't have moisture. But the manufacturing
process can get some water mixed in with it, and so it's possible to have
wet carbon dioxide.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
HvacTech2 wrote:

...you should never use co2 as it has moisture in it.

HVAC chemistry? :-)

Nick

TURTLE

"Jeremy" wrote in message
Well we have two A/c units. One for downstairs one for up. A few weeks
after moving in I called the A/c company. Seems the upstairs A/c unit was
running all the time and not cooling. Tech comes out and says I have a
leak. Tells me he fixed the problem charged it up and guess what eventually
the same problem. This time tech comes out and says yep it's a leak. Hey
we are going to shut down the unit...discharge it and charge it with co2 and
come back in a day or so and check for leaks.

It's frickin 112 degrees out. Should I move out for a day or so?

This is Turtle.

Your just being put off to get to make two service calls out of a one service
call job.

I can take H-1-G leak detector and tell you where it is leaking at and when i
can get the thing fixed in about 1 hour. 2 or 3 days to find a leak is like
calling the fire department and they say we will be there in 2 or 3 days.

Call the American Home Shield type insurance company up and give them a cussing
and stir it up to get the ball rolling.

TURTLE

gerry

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:24:50 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Actually, carbon dioxide itself doesn't have moisture. But the manufacturing
process can get some water mixed in with it, and so it's possible to have
wet carbon dioxide.

Christopher A. Young

That was the dark ages. Modern CO2 is very dry. It is distributed
liquefied and almost always only one grade. If it's liquefied, ice would
have been a real problem in the process.

Check with a real gas supplier. With O2 for example. aviation grade (ultra
dry) medical grade and industrial grade all come out of the same bulk
tank. The only difference is tank charging line standards. They use the
same lies, purge for the highest grade, fill those tanks and work down.
Since the fittings are different, the industrial grade pigtails used for
charging need not be kept up to medical.aviation standards.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com