Tom Christeas

Default McCulloch Cain Saw Won't Start

I have a McCulloch Timber Bear Chain Saw model 60013414 for about 10
years or so and while letting it idle so I can gather some wood the
saw stopped and has not started since. Checked the spark plug and it
fires so I am assuming it's a gas related problem?? This chainsaw
requires a fuel/oil mixture although not sure what the ratio is so I
have been using 32:1 when I could and sometimes ran it with straight
gas (no oil) and never had a problem until now.

What would be the steps in repairing this saw? Any help would be
appreciated. I hope I have not killed this saw since it has been
running beautifully for the longest time.
dadiOH

Tom Christeas wrote:
I have a McCulloch Timber Bear Chain Saw model 60013414 for about 10
years or so and while letting it idle so I can gather some wood the
saw stopped and has not started since. Checked the spark plug and
it fires so I am assuming it's a gas related problem?? This
chainsaw requires a fuel/oil mixture although not sure what the
ratio is so I have been using 32:1 when I could and sometimes ran
it with straight gas (no oil) and never had a problem until now.

Rebuild the carburetor. Check the air filter too.

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

MUADIB®

I thought that only happened with Poulan Chain saws..........

I'm of the opinion that after 10 years of good service it probably
just needs a good going through and cleaning.

Your McSaw will be fine.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is. If you don't, it's its.
Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours
and theirs. -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News
Bill Schnakenberg

MUADIB=AE wrote:

I thought that only happened with Poulan Chain saws..........

I'm of the opinion that after 10 years of good service it probably
just needs a good going through and cleaning.

Your McSaw will be fine.
=20

I took the covers off my Poulan and pressure washed it. Works like new.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply =20

MUADIB=AE

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is. =

If you don't, it's its.=20
Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours,=

and likewise yours
and theirs. -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News
=20

Chip Stein

I have a McCulloch Timber Bear Chain Saw model 60013414 for about 10
years or so and while letting it idle so I can gather some wood the
saw stopped and has not started since. Checked the spark plug and it
fires so I am assuming it's a gas related problem?? This chainsaw
requires a fuel/oil mixture although not sure what the ratio is so I
have been using 32:1 when I could and sometimes ran it with straight
gas (no oil) and never had a problem until now.

is this a trick question?? you used it with straight gas more than
once. it's now a piece of crap!! pull the muffler off and look into
the cylinder, i bet it's got a lot of nice score marks up and down the
exhaust side.
Chip