George

Default Locating Sewer Line Under Basement Floor???

I am wanting to put in a bathroom in my baesement. The house is 12
years old. I found a big C painted on the wall and a cleanout there.
Does this mean the sewer pipes head out there?

There are three pipes (plastic) that come from upstairs and go down
the basement wall and under the slab in different parts of the
basement. My question is if these three pipes all meet somewhere
before going out to the sewer in the front yard or do all three meet
out in the front yard by the sewer. The reason I ask is I would like
to know where the three pipes run under the slab so I know if one is
close to where I want my bathroom. If they all ead to the cleanup area
then that will run one real close to where the new bathroom will be.
But if they head out to the fron yard first then it won;t.

Without a camera how can I tell where the pipes run under the slab.

Thanks!!

Sheila
Speedy Jim

George wrote:

[...]

Could have been run either way.
I strongly suggest you contact your bldg dep't for advice on this
project before you get in too deep.
On a house that recent, they may have inspection plans or
someone in the dep't may remember what the practice was
at that time.
Mainly, they can keep you out of trouble down the road...

Jim

Brigitte

"George" wrote in message
om...
[...]

When we needed to know where our sewer line ran, I think our plumber ran a
piece of flexible metal down the pipe and used a metal detector to follow
the line, IIRC.

Brigitte