Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Barbers

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I got two haircuts since Covid hit. I didn't get one from March until September.
Using common sense, I try to reduce the risk. The first one I got as soon as barber
shops were allowed to re-open, figuring it's probably better to be among the first
customers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 01 Dec 2020 09:24:29 -0500, micky
wrote:

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I forgot Marika, sorry. Please don't be offended Marika and original
questions to you, also in reverse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/12/2020 14:33, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I got two haircuts since Covid hit. I didn't get one from March until September.
Using common sense, I try to reduce the risk. The first one I got as soon as barber
shops were allowed to re-open, figuring it's probably better to be among the first
customers.

I cut my own hair and have always cut my wife's hair.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
On 01/12/2020 14:33, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I got two haircuts since Covid hit.Â*Â* I didn't get one from March
until September.
Using common sense, I try to reduce the risk.Â* The first one I got as
soon as barber
shops were allowed to re-open, figuring it's probably better to be
among the first
customers.

I cut my own hair and have always cut my wife's hair.

Hair cuts are for the common people. Some of us are genetically
superior and have eliminated the need for haircuts. Took a few years
but was worth it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

Haircut just before the lock-down by chance
- haircut in June - no worries - there was very little covid then
except for the few hot spots.
- haircut in early Sept. no worries - second wave just starting.
I'll be more worried about my NEXT haircut.
They work around the ears by clipping the mask ear-straps
temporarily, to the shirt collar.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Hair cuts are for the common people.Â* Some of us are genetically
superior and have eliminated the need for haircuts.Â* Took a few years
but was worth it.

Why do I think your situation is more due to nature, rather than choice??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 9:24 AM, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

Fauci recently recommended that children return to school so COVID-19 is basically over.

When will Fauci launch COVID-20?

--
Demolitioncrats are destroying America!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Dec 2020 09:24:29 -0500, micky wrote:

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I cut my own hair. My wife cuts her own hair.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 11:46 AM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

A friend with Ed's type hair told me that it cost him more to get a
haircut as the barber had a more difficult time finding the hair.

Group went through the DYI haircut thing months ago and there was a
clipper shortage. I had an old clunky one but found one at the drug
store surprisingly cheap and have been doing my own since.

My hair is thinning but unfortunately is still all there so top is a
little tougher to clean up with scissors. Still looks acceptable.

Wife has been doing her own all year and it looks fine. She had stopped
going to her hairdresser who worked out of her house early this year
when the hairdresser stopped working due to health problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-12-01 07:35, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Uh, Ed, you forgot the part about our hair moving from
our head to our ears and our noses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 12:33 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-12-01 07:35, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Reminds me of guy's grandmother complaining about his mustache.

"Why are you growing on your face which grows on your ass?"

BTW Where did Biden get his plugs from?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 11:46 AM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hair cuts are for the common people.Â* Some of us are genetically
superior and have eliminated the need for haircuts.Â* Took a few years
but was worth it.

Why do I think your situation is more due to nature, rather than choice??

No males in my family had much hair after about the age of 40. Even the
women have thin hair.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?

Once a month, scissors over comb, I self-taught my maid to do
it(she's family", so it's all at home). Better job now, after some
trial and error than my previous regular barber's cut.

Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

My wife goes to a hairdresser, but it's an old lady living at
home, wears a mask all the time, only cuts by appointment one every
hour.
I still nag the wife over her reckless behavior.
She has it cut once every 2 months, and does her nails and all
that tincture stuff women are fond of here at home too.
[]'s

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Dec 2020 09:24:29 -0500, micky wrote:

y of you don't in order to avoid

Yet again the moron "micky" troll asks an infantile question that has
nothing to do with this newsgroup...

And then, the _same_ cast of troll socks of this "highwinds" troll follows
suit, all with the single express purpose of ruining this ng.

All literally within minutes (sometimes seconds) of each other...

trader_4 (highwinds)
Bod (same as "micky")
Ed Pawlowski (highwinds troll)
Ken (same as "micky")
Frank (same as "micky")
T (same as "micky")
hubops (highwinds troll)
Jim Joyce (highwinds troll)
Grump Old White guy (highwinds troll)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 11:50:55 -0500, Grumpy Old White Guy
wrote:

On 12/1/2020 9:24 AM, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

Fauci recently recommended that children return to school so COVID-19 is basically over.

Infowores or Breitfart?
I missed that "scientific report"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 1 Dec 2020 11:50:55 -0500, Grumpy Old White
Guy wrote:

On 12/1/2020 9:24 AM, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

Fauci recently recommended that children return to school so COVID-19 is basically over.

He didn't say the second half of your sentence. You think i's basically
over but I'll bet you thought it never started.

When will Fauci launch COVID-20?

That will be privately launched.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:35:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I know what you mean. Before shoulder surgery, they shaved the right
side of my chest, and it grew back to the same length it was. No need
for a barber.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:35:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

A solar panel for a sex machine? 8-)

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank formulated the question :
On 12/1/2020 11:46 AM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

More likely to find it in ears and nostrils than on top where it used
to be.

Group went through the DYI haircut thing months ago and there was a clipper
shortage. I had an old clunky one but found one at the drug store
surprisingly cheap and have been doing my own since.

My hair is thinning but unfortunately is still all there so top is a little
tougher to clean up with scissors. Still looks acceptable.

Wife has been doing her own all year and it looks fine. She had stopped
going to her hairdresser who worked out of her house early this year when the
hairdresser stopped working due to health problem.

I do my own too in about the same manner, except mine stays about one
quarter inch long -- the only guard for the clippers I have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 11:46 AM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

DIY 35 years, half inch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2020 11:46 AM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2020 10:19 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Keep in mind that the guard helps to determine the minimum length. The
maximum length can be anywhere beyond that. IOW, the guard doesn't have to
be in contact with your scalp.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I have had only two haircuts over the last year, one by my wife and
the other by my normal barber. I fired my wife after her first effort.
My normal barber is in a unisex haircutting establishment with about
ten chairs staffed by all Chinese from some place in China. I think
they said something like "WooAnn" (just joking). There are a few
Chinese females cutting hair or shampooing or dyeing but I've never
had one. Being a visual pervert who likes ogling their small bodies I
see them as an add-on benefit to relieve the boredom of the
haircutting. Most of the staff don't speak English so there's some
difficulty in instructing on the finer points like trimming my
eyebrows but we work it out using the normal gestures. Cheap $10 + a
$3 tip.

As to masking the barber has a two mask setup for himself and when it
comes to the customer he has you remove yours and hold it over your
face when he cuts the areas near the ears. The rest can be done
without removing the mask.

There are at least 10 other hair salons in the street in about 10
blocks intermixed with greengrocers, restaurants, bakeries, and
similar run by Chinese, Russian, Azerbaijani, Italians, Ukrainian,
Japanese,...oh, and maybe a few Americans. The babble is overpowering
and there might be a little broken English added. Personally I like it
a lot. The Russian supermarket is especially good both for the food
(lots of ready made) and the quality of the female cashiers one of
whom is trying to expand my Russian.

Anyway this is supposed to be about barbers...

So my wife had tried getting her hair cut at the same place. The
actual haircutting, dyeing, and similar was OK but she missed the
normal female gab fest and declined another venture into diversity. My
son goes to another Unisex place and suggested his mother should come
to the same place so about the beginning of the pandemic she started
going to his. Workers were Hispanic, Italian, Balkan, etc, few of whom
spoke English but it's much bigger and in Manhattan. From her
description the Covid19 precautions seem about the same. I never
visited myself. More expensive but not extortionately so. She was
happy but then she learned that it too was closing due to lack of
business. Well its demise even hit the NY press and then two angels
(financial) came in and resurrected it.

So ends my hair saga.

If you demand it grin I could write a similar text about my wife's
visit to the Russian dentist... or mine to my Syrian PCP.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

My husband has been cutting his own hair for years. He has so little
left that it's foolish to go to the barber to have them run clippers over
his entire head. He got his own electric clipper.

I've been going to Fantastic Sam's for bimonthly haircuts for quite some
time. I last did so in February 2020, if memory serves. Since then my
husband and I have been cutting my hair. I've never really liked going
to the salon, and the results from us whacking at it with clippers, scissors,
and a razor comb are not terribly different from a professional cut--once
I slather on some mousse to get everything to stay in place where I
want it (which I've always done).

I don't much care what I look like. I cut my hair short (about 1" on top,
less on the back and sides) for convenience. When it gets so long I
have visible "bed head", I cut it.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 12/1/2020 9:24 AM, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

Fauci recently recommended that children return to school so COVID-19 is basically over.

Infowores or Breitfart?
I missed that "scientific report"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

What Fauci said I believe was that schools, in general, can be open because they have
not been a significant vector of transmission, ie that masks, social distancing, ventilation
are working. That big lib dope mayor of NYC, de Blasio, just did a complete flip on schools.
As the positive test rate in NYC was rising, he kept insisting that once it hit 3%, the schools
had to close. He was pushed on it, constantly questioned if it made sense, he just kept
doubling down. It hit 3%, he closed the schools. Then there was the expected blowback
and after about a week, he flipped and they are going to re-open. That's why he's called
the dope from Park Slope. (Brooklyn)

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 pretended :
wrote:

On 12/1/2020 9:24 AM, micky wrote:
OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

Fauci recently recommended that children return to school so COVID-19 is
basically over.

Infowores or Breitfart?
I missed that "scientific report"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

What Fauci said I believe was that schools, in general, can be open because
they have not been a significant vector of transmission, ie that masks,
social distancing, ventilation are working.

Perhaps more importantly, and missed by the propagandist, is that he
said Bars (and other spreaders) should be closed so we can open the
schools as those schools are not seen to be a major source of spread
and will be even less so if the other spreaders are shut down.

Young kids going back to school is a big step toward freeing up parents
to get back to work, if they still have jobs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT How many of you get haircuts these days?
Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I forgot Marika, sorry. Please don't be offended Marika and original
questions to you, also in reverse.

You forgot Maggie too

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-12-01 07:01, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 01 Dec 2020 09:24:29 -0500, micky
wrote:

OTÂ*Â* How many of you get haircuts these days?
Â*Â*Â*Â* Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
Â*Â*Â*Â* versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I forgot Marika, sorry.Â*Â*Â* Please don't be offended Marika and original
questions to you, also in reverse.

You forgot Maggie too

She had been missing since before the election. I have to wonder if she
came down with Covid. Or we is embarrassed to show up give her sure
thing win that did not happen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OTÂ*Â* How many of you get haircuts these days?
Â*Â*Â*Â* Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact
with a
barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor?
Â*Â*Â*Â* versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC
she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got
that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

I forgot Marika, sorry.Â*Â*Â* Please don't be offended Marika and original
questions to you, also in reverse.

You forgot Maggie too

She had been missing since before the election.Â* I have to wonder if she
came down with Covid.Â* Or we is embarrassed to show up give her sure
thing win that did not happen.

She does like to go to the hair dresser. I hope she
is doing okay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 01 Dec 2020 22:09:18 -0500,
wrote:

micky wrote:

[...]

I used to go to a barber, actually named Tony, at least that's what the
sign said. He had a collection of model cars from the 60's and was
interesting to talk to, when he was the one who cut my hair. But he got
old enough to retire, and the new people were not very friendly.

So I went to a VietNamese barber and he was very interesting, told me
about evacutating Vietnam sometime when the war was ending and going to
some refugee camp in the Philipines or even maybe Indonesia, I forget.
He spent a year or two there and then iirc came to the US. I think
he'd been back once. He taught me how to say that name, very common,
spelled funny... Nguyen. But I forget how to pronounce it now. It
doesn't come up often.

Everything was fine. I suppose he had one or two other barbers working
for him, or not. But later he hired two Asian women, and he was busy
fixing some leak at the washing machine (they needed it for something)
and so I got one of the women, and she gave me the worst, the shortest
haircut I'd gotten since I was 8 years old. And 10 days later I had
what could have been a very important business meeting, to sell a
project of mine, and I looked ridiculous.

There were two Asian women and they looked nothing alike, but I still
couldn't remember which one I didn't like (look above and at my other
posts to see all the things I forget). Once I waited for the guy, but
it was inconvenient and potentially insulting/embarrassing. So I
changed barbers again.

This time I went to a Jewish guy and his son, and everything was fine
for 2 or 3 haircuts, and then came the virus. No haircuts since March or
so.

I've got a trimmer(famous maker but I forget the brand, with color-coded
height guards) and it's really good for my beard, but cuts almost
nothing on my head. Even though it's supposed to. I can't figure it
out.

As to masking the barber has a two mask setup for himself and when it
comes to the customer he has you remove yours and hold it over your
face when he cuts the areas near the ears. The rest can be done
without removing the mask.

There are at least 10 other hair salons in the street in about 10
blocks intermixed with greengrocers, restaurants, bakeries, and
similar run by Chinese, Russian, Azerbaijani, Italians, Ukrainian,
Japanese,...oh, and maybe a few Americans. The babble is overpowering

Where do you live? I see you work for the government, but you don't say
which one.

What street?

and there might be a little broken English added. Personally I like it
a lot. The Russian supermarket is especially good both for the food
(lots of ready made) and the quality of the female cashiers one of
whom is trying to expand my Russian.

Anyway this is supposed to be about barbers...

So my wife had tried getting her hair cut at the same place. The
actual haircutting, dyeing, and similar was OK but she missed the
normal female gab fest and declined another venture into diversity. My
son goes to another Unisex place and suggested his mother should come

The second worst haircut I got was at HairCuttery. Unisex. I couldn't
tell what was wrong with it, but I looked like a girl. Maybe it was my
imagination, but I don't think so. There's a comic strip about a
couple, probably with children (Hi and Lois?), and the guy has hair like
a girl. I'd decided that years before the haircut. I looked like him.

to the same place so about the beginning of the pandemic she started
going to his. Workers were Hispanic, Italian, Balkan, etc, few of whom
spoke English but it's much bigger and in Manhattan. From her

Aha. That explains it. Where in Manhattan?

description the Covid19 precautions seem about the same. I never
visited myself. More expensive but not extortionately so. She was
happy but then she learned that it too was closing due to lack of
business. Well its demise even hit the NY press and then two angels
(financial) came in and resurrected it.

So ends my hair saga.

If you demand it grin I could write a similar text about my wife's
visit to the Russian dentist... or mine to my Syrian PCP.

PCP? Pretty cool privacy? Polychlorinated Professor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If you demand it grin I could write a similar text about my wife's
visit to the Russian dentist... or mine to my Syrian PCP.

PCP? Pretty cool privacy? Polychlorinated Professor?

Primary Care Physician

What we used to call "the family doctor".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

presented the following explanation :
wrote:

If you demand it grin I could write a similar text about my wife's
visit to the Russian dentist... or mine to my Syrian PCP.

PCP? Pretty cool privacy? Polychlorinated Professor?

Primary Care Physician

What we used to call "the family doctor".

Cindy Hamilton

Or Principal Care Provider

My former barber was Frank, but he got sick and Rene took over. Later,
I decided to do my own cutting after having Rene give me an almost
skin-head look.

https://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...c23de8b31.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

micky wrote:

[...]

Really? I don't and never have. I presume you're referring to the
".gov" part of my fake signature line. That's just evidence of my lack
of imagination.

What street?

The street I'm talking about is Ave U in Brooklyn NY and the one with
the Russian cashiers is in Kings Highway Brooklyn about 10 blocks
north of Ave U.

Aha. That explains it. Where in Manhattan?

description the Covid19 precautions seem about the same. I never
visited myself. More expensive but not extortionately so. She was
happy but then she learned that it too was closing due to lack of
business. Well its demise even hit the NY press and then two angels
(financial) came in and resurrected it.

The second hairdresser is "Astor Hair" in Astor Place at about 10th
Street (Manhattan).

So ends my hair saga.

If you demand it grin I could write a similar text about my wife's
visit to the Russian dentist... or mine to my Syrian PCP.

PCP? Pretty cool privacy? Polychlorinated Professor?

Cindy had it right; Primary Care Physician.

https://www.avg.com