maxinemovies

Default sharp edge on desk

Okay, it's not sharp like knife sharp, but I sit low and my forearms
rest on the front edge of the desk. This is how I have to have it,
can't adjust the height, so what can I do to make it more comfortable?

I tried using a wrist rest from the computer store but it's too high
and shifts around. What about a 3/4 round from the lumber store? Since
this is a Sauder desk, it's probably pressboard with a veneer. Can I
put nails in the edge or should I use carpenter's glue?

Any other suggestions? I've got r-r-r-ridges in my arms.

Thanks much!

Maxi

Email addy upon request.
Phisherman

A 3/4" round will work, better secured with a rabbet or biscuit slots.
Finish nails every 4 or 5" will work too, but you will need to sink
with a nailset and putty the holes. In any case, use carpenter's
glue. I use a gel armrest and it does not shift around with a rubber
bottom. You might need another chair (with arms) too.

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:47:08 -0700, maxinemovies email on
wrote:

Okay, it's not sharp like knife sharp, but I sit low and my forearms
rest on the front edge of the desk. This is how I have to have it,
can't adjust the height, so what can I do to make it more comfortable?

I tried using a wrist rest from the computer store but it's too high
and shifts around. What about a 3/4 round from the lumber store? Since
this is a Sauder desk, it's probably pressboard with a veneer. Can I
put nails in the edge or should I use carpenter's glue?

Any other suggestions? I've got r-r-r-ridges in my arms.

Thanks much!

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

PhotoMan

"Phisherman" wrote in message
A 3/4" round will work, better secured with a rabbet or biscuit slots.
Finish nails every 4 or 5" will work too, but you will need to sink
with a nailset and putty the holes. In any case, use carpenter's
glue.

Half-round will give you a contoured edge without a 'lip' on the top
surface, which also may be uncomfortable. Be sure to remove the plastic
'veneer' from the edge before applying the glue, as it will not bond to the
plastic. It can be peeled off fairly easily.
Joe Arnold

Sharpening buckaroo Woodturning 21 December 6th 03 06:55 PM
gutter drip edge problems wgadsby Home Repair 1 October 24th 03 10:26 AM
Edge gluing boards Sammy Woodworking 17 October 12th 03 05:54 AM
Desk Cable Channels Phil Jones UK diy 7 July 6th 03 09:52 PM