DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Great Stuff, How much volume does one can make (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/679861-re-great-stuff-how-much-volume-does-one-can-make.html)

EngineeringNOLA September 11th 20 06:15 PM

Great Stuff, How much volume does one can make

no he was right. (( (0.5/12)^2)/4)*3.1416*232 = 0.316 cuft

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...an-319404-.htm

TimR[_2_] September 12th 20 02:39 PM

Great Stuff, How much volume does one can make

For any given job you need slightly more than one can.

That's one of those rules that ought to have a name.

Then you throw away the rest because there's no good way to clean out the straw and as far as I know you can't buy another.

AccidentalAquarist October 19th 20 11:01 PM

Great Stuff, How much volume does one can make

Actually My company does have a name for that. The POO rule. Purchase Over Optimal. Just like everything else order 15-20% more than needed, and hope like hell you can use the excess on the next job or it becomes fodder for the dump

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...an-319404-.htm

jgrimm December 31st 20 07:31 PM

Great Stuff, How much volume does one can make

/3 of a cubic foot.
No your both wrong. He answered 2.5 ft^2. Your answer
is correct. 0.3166ft^2,
so your wrong to say he was right.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...an-319404-.htm

BiodieselRocket April 3rd 21 01:15 AM

Great Stuff, How much volume does one can make

Use the first straw on the second can as well, that way you have the second straw for another time.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...an-319404-.htm