Ethan

Default Searching: Kenmore washer part

I'm looking for a replacement fabric softener/detergent/bleach
dispenser. The model number is 110.82381100, but there are probably
other models with the same dispenser. It sits beside the door and
fits into a hole which is 3.5"x11.5", part number 364425 off of the
Sears web site. They want $80, which is a lot more than I paid for
the washing machine.
Texan

In article ,
says...
model number

Sears has a web site for ordering jparts. Check out
http://www3.sears.com/
Type the model number in the "Search by Model # or Part #" box.

--
When Replying Remove "thepin" From Return Address
Tom

"Ethan" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a replacement fabric softener/detergent/bleach
dispenser. The model number is 110.82381100, but there are probably
other models with the same dispenser. It sits beside the door and
fits into a hole which is 3.5"x11.5", part number 364425 off of the
Sears web site. They want $80, which is a lot more than I paid for
the washing machine.

Wow, it's 21 years old and still working...I would just pour the soap into
the machine. I think that dispenser runs water through it however and you
may not be able to use the machine if it is missing entirely unless there is
a way to disable it. And those little Downy balls that you put Downy in and
throw into the machine work pretty good, I'm told.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ethan" wrote in message
They want $80, which is a lot more than I paid for
the washing machine.

Then just buy a new machine.

You can also try www.repairclinic.com

Mad Mac

Tom wrote:

Wow, it's 21 years old and still working...I would just pour the soap into
the machine. I think that dispenser runs water through it however and you
may not be able to use the machine if it is missing entirely unless there is
a way to disable it. And those little Downy balls that you put Downy in and
throw into the machine work pretty good, I'm told.

Seen them older that that....anyway, the dispensers do run water through
them. There is a way to "disable" them - means replacing the pump
(4-port) with a 2-port one, and replacing the "pin trap" which will have
an extra outlet for the dispensers with the conventional one. What
exactly is the problem you're having?

Ethan

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message om...
"Ethan" wrote in message
They want $80, which is a lot more than I paid for
the washing machine.

Then just buy a new machine.

You can also try www.repairclinic.com

This washer is in excellent mechanical condition and I think that it
will run for several more years. I just put a shot in the dark to see
if anyone had a dead washer with an intact dispenser, just for the
convenience and 'good looks' factor. As was mentioned, we are using
it as if it didn't have a dispenser with Downy balls and tossing the
detergent in the basket.
Warren Weber

"Tom" wrote in message

"Ethan" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a replacement fabric softener/detergent/bleach
dispenser. The model number is 110.82381100, but there are probably
other models with the same dispenser. It sits beside the door and
fits into a hole which is 3.5"x11.5", part number 364425 off of the
Sears web site. They want $80, which is a lot more than I paid for
the washing machine.

Wow, it's 21 years old and still working...I would just pour the soap into
the machine. I think that dispenser runs water through it however and you
may not be able to use the machine if it is missing entirely unless there

is
a way to disable it. And those little Downy balls that you put Downy in

and
throw into the machine work pretty good, I'm told.

Tom.. Purchased WP washer in 1961. Two children, cloth diapers. Replaced

it 6 years ago. Gave it to oldest son (now 36) he is still using it. How is
that for getting our moneys worth on a purchase?

Bill Schnakenberg

Warren Weber wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message

"Ethan" wrote in message
.com...

[...]

Great deal , considering that new ones are going for close to a thousand
dollars now.
My wife waxes ours.