Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Wow, expensive lighting!

Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Who pays for this?!* $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this?* Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 18:18:09 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
"James Wilkinson", "Steven ******","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
blathered again:

FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
attention-baiting sick bull**** unread again

--
about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
trolling:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his **** is so grand he has the right to
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 13:39:11 -0400, Hawk, another brain dead, troll-feeding
senile asshole blathered:

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

What has this got to do with ahr, you troll-feeding senile ****head?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 13:39:11 -0400, Hawk wrote:

Who pays for this?!Â* $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this?Â* Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

I see it is made from solid brass tube that is magnetically held in place

Darned good tricks those :-)

Avpx

--
This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming
traffic.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 19:11:47 +0100, The Nomad wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 13:39:11 -0400, Hawk wrote:

Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

I see it is made from solid brass tube that is magnetically held in place

Darned good tricks those :-)

Until it gets bumped and falls off.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 18:39:11 +0100, Hawk wrote:

Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

But you can't have that image for 2 months apparently.

And I'm sure somebody else has made something that plain and simple for a lot less. If I wanted to be snobby, I'd get a fancy looking light, not a plain geometric shape made out of simple tubes.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 23:14:52 +0100, Graham. wrote:

Hawk Wrote in message:
Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

McDonald's restaurants aren't snobby. They're not even restaurants.

McDonalds has lighting costing thousands per unit? I doubt it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Hawk Wrote in message:
Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

McDonald's restaurants aren't snobby. They're not even restaurants.
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Could be the modern equivelent of the folk that used to buy illuminated
flooring and glitter balls for they homes to make them look like discos.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Hawk" wrote in message ...
Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months to
get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

More likely solid steel with a golden plating then as I say I don't believe
they have changed physics to make it.
Brian

--
----- --

newsp.0oqn9eqewdg98l@glass...
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 13:39:11 -0400, Hawk wrote:

Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

I see it is made from solid brass tube that is magnetically held in place

Darned good tricks those :-)

Until it gets bumped and falls off.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Some time ago, when lasers seemed to be everywhere, you used to be able to
get a kind of 3d column light which as you walked around it the hologram of
a young lady disrobed.
It was all in a peculiar greeny blue colour. I guess it goes under the
name of expensive novelty, and sex sells as we all know. Probably seen as
very tacky today though. I often wondered how it was done.
Brian

--
----- --

newsp.0oqoa2i8wdg98l@glass...
On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 18:39:11 +0100, Hawk wrote:

Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months
to get it!
https://www.juniper-design.com/produ...aries-hexagon/
Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them!

The very wealthy pay for it because it's modern art and they need to
uphold their snobby image.

But you can't have that image for 2 months apparently.

And I'm sure somebody else has made something that plain and simple for a
lot less. If I wanted to be snobby, I'd get a fancy looking light, not a
plain geometric shape made out of simple tubes.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding HUGE BLIND ASSHOLE Alert!

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 07:41:10 +0100, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

More likely solid steel with a golden plating then as I say I don't believe
they have changed physics to make it.
Brainless & Daft

More likely that you are a despicable troll-feeding blind mole, Brainless &
Daft!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 07:44:47 +0100, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

Some time ago, when lasers seemed to be everywhere, you used to be able to
get a kind of 3d column light which as you walked around it the hologram of
a young lady disrobed.
It was all in a peculiar greeny blue colour. I guess it goes under the
name of expensive novelty, and sex sells as we all know. Probably seen as
very tacky today though. I often wondered how it was done.
Brainless & Daft

What's sure now is that you as much of a senile deranged bull****ter as the
filthy troll you keep feeding, you despicable blind mole!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

I didn't notice "brass" and "magnet" there! Still, a magnet will be strong enough to hold the light in place. But bump it with something and it will fall.

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 07:41:10 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

More likely solid steel with a golden plating then as I say I don't believe
they have changed physics to make it.
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

This is why we should not call things like speed limits a law, they're rules. Laws cannot be broken, like gravity. But rules shouldn't be broken but can.

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 07:39:22 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Yes the laws of physics being broken obviously is no barrier to the
designers.
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

I bought a non-illuminated glitter ball to amuse the parrots in the garden. It was destroyed very quickly.

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 07:37:59 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Could be the modern equivelent of the folk that used to buy illuminated
flooring and glitter balls for they homes to make them look like discos.
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 07:39:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Yes the laws of physics being broken obviously is no barrier to the
designers.
Brian

Solid brass tubing with LEDs in them and magnets stuck into each end.
Not much of a stretch - you haven't seen vinyl shower curtains with
magnets in the corners to make them stick to the cast iron tub??

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes the laws of physics being broken obviously is no barrier to the
designers.
Brian

Solid brass tubing with LEDs in them and magnets stuck into each end.

So some form of magic brass that lets light through?

Not much of a stretch - you haven't seen vinyl shower curtains with
magnets in the corners to make them stick to the cast iron tub??

Holy ****, people still use iron tubs? Two of us tried to get one of those out of a second floor bathroom once, we had to use industrial strength rope and slide it slowly down the stairs. Luckily it wasn't a split staircase with a corner.

[newsgroup header corrected after being vandalised]
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Yes the laws of physics being broken obviously is no barrier to the
designers.
Brian

Solid brass tubing with LEDs in them and magnets stuck into each end.

So some form of magic brass that lets light through?

Not much of a stretch - you haven't seen vinyl shower curtains with
magnets in the corners to make them stick to the cast iron tub??

Holy ****, people still use iron tubs? Two of us tried to get one of those out of a second floor bathroom once, we had to use industrial strength rope and slide it slowly down the stairs. Luckily it wasn't a split staircase with a corner.

Sure, people still use iron tubs. People pay big money to have refurbished
cast-iron clawfoot tubs.

We took a cast iron tub out of our bathroom four years ago. Busted it up
with a sledge hammer and took it out in pieces. Ours was vintage 1947,
so not a clawfoot.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 13:11:03 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton, the absolutely
brain dead, notorious, troll-feeding, senile Yankie ****, blathered again:

Sure, people still use iron tubs.

You need an iron tub hurled at your thick troll-feeding senile head, ****!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I gave mine away to someone who wanted to use it as a garden planter, then was told by a friend they're worth a fortune, even just for scrap metal!

[newsgroup header repaired after pointless vandalism]
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Yes the laws of physics being broken obviously is no barrier to the
designers.
Brian
Solid brass tubing with LEDs in them and magnets stuck into each end.

So some form of magic brass that lets light through?

SLOTTED brass tubes

Not much of a stretch - you haven't seen vinyl shower curtains with
magnets in the corners to make them stick to the cast iron tub??

Holy ****, people still use iron tubs? Two of us tried to get one of those out of a second floor bathroom once, we had to use industrial strength rope and slide it slowly down the stairs. Luckily it wasn't a split staircase with a corner.

Sure, people still use iron tubs. People pay big money to have refurbished
cast-iron clawfoot tubs.

We took a cast iron tub out of our bathroom four years ago. Busted it up
with a sledge hammer and took it out in pieces. Ours was vintage 1947,
so not a clawfoot.

Cindy Hamilton

Even a lot of "current" tubs are cast iron, not stamped steel. Really
THIN cast, covered with porcelain enamel. The last one I removed went
out in pieces after scoring it with an angle grinder and smacking it
with a sledge hammer

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brass is not magnetic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2020 2:13 PM, Thomas wrote:
Brass is not magnetic.

Don't suppose they've discovered that yet, do you?

Suppose _just maybe_ they've got some structural/the magnets inside the
brass tubing?

It isn't well written at all, but they didn't say it was _only_ brass
nor that the brass was a solid bar; only that the brass itself is solid
brass, not plated.

Clearly, although the pictures are contrived to not show, the brass has
to be tubing that covers the structural components which include the
magnets and all...

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Er.... baths are made of plastic. I can pick mine up with one hand (before fitting it obviously).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Not all baths are made of plastic. I get a bunch of hits when I google for
cast iron bath tub.

I don't have a bath anymore. My 152 cm by 81 cm shower base is cast acrylic
and weighs a lot. Maybe close to 50 kilograms; I can't quite remember how
much effort it was to fit it. A lot, but my husband did most of the work.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You need to get out more and receive some education.

Not all baths are plastic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:15:42 -0700 (PDT), Windy Hamilton, the absolutely
brain dead, notorious, troll-feeding, senile Yankie ****, blathered again:

Not all baths are made of plastic. I get a bunch of hits when I google for
cast iron bath tub.

No ****, senile Windy!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 21:15:54 +0100, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
senile smartass, smartassed again:

You need to get out more and receive some education.

Why should he, senile twit, when he can keep having fun baiting all you
senile assholes on Usenet?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

That's hardly education, knowing what idiots buy.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You'll get a bunch of hits for vintage cars too, doesn't mean they're a good idea.

I don't have a bath anymore. My 152 cm by 81 cm shower base is cast acrylic
and weighs a lot. Maybe close to 50 kilograms; I can't quite remember how
much effort it was to fit it. A lot, but my husband did most of the work.

I have a bath but not for bathing in.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0ouf83zewdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, you poms have always kept the coal in it.

That's why you are so smelly.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:28:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Jumpin' in here ... our cast iron tub was made in 1911 , and could
probably be busted up with a sledge hammer . If you could get past my
wife ! As far as the lighting , I could fabricate that in my shop . The
light segments might be problematic , but I think if one could string
the segments together in series and use a current-limited voltage
variable power supply it would work just fine . Would have to use
dimmable LED's ...
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2020 2:13 PM, Thomas wrote:
Brass is not magnetic.

It has small rare earth magnets glued into the ends .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2020 2:27 PM, dpb wrote:
On 8/4/2020 2:13 PM, Thomas wrote:
Brass is not magnetic.

Don't suppose they've discovered that yet, do you?

Suppose _just maybe_ they've got some structural/the magnets inside the
brass tubing?

It isn't well written at all, but they didn't say it was _only_ brass
nor that the brass was a solid bar; only that the brass itself is solid
brass, not plated.

Clearly, although the pictures are contrived to not show, the brass has
to be tubing that covers the structural components which include the
magnets and all...

--

I could fabricate the structural components in my shop . The hardest
part would be slotting the brass tubing .
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Aug 2020 00:35:41 +0100, Snag wrote:

On 8/4/2020 2:13 PM, Thomas wrote:
Brass is not magnetic.

It has small rare earth magnets glued into the ends .

Which aren't made of earth.

Display set up media - Wow.bmp (0/8) - Wow.bmp (0/8) Spurious Response Electronic Schematics 0 July 27th 07 01:13 PM
Display set up media - Wow.bmp (0/1) - Wow.bmp (0/1) Spurious Response Electronic Schematics 0 July 27th 07 01:05 PM
kitchen lighting: track system with pendant lighting [email protected] UK diy 4 October 31st 06 12:02 AM
Owen - WoW is WOW Tom Nie Woodturning 7 August 2nd 05 08:57 AM
Wow. Just....wow. Jason Quick Woodworking 9 June 26th 05 01:40 AM