Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:13:52 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

It wasn't either of those but that's the general idea. Some of the limbs
were getting close to the power line, but that was a little overkill for
the job. He's a nice guy but I think there was a little 'Ooh, ooh, new
toy!' factored in when he went to the rental place. I walk by there
during lunch sometimes and they have some less tank-like lifts.

"During lunch"? LOL Are you still trying to keep up appearances,
lowbrowwoman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antenna Tower height ...

On 8/5/2020 9:13 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/05/2020 06:22 AM, dpb wrote:
On 8/4/2020 10:14 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/04/2020 07:40 PM, wrote:
The lift is near me, $250 all day or $185 for 4 hours.

How much does it weigh? The neighborhood handyman pruned the trees
last year and rented a massive, self-propelled lift. I've no idea what
it grossed but it left 6" deep ruts in the lawn, something a normal
pickup never did. He filled the ruts this spring and I seeded them but
I can still feel the bump with the lawnmower.

My old JLG 40H weighs about 12,500 lb; a newish 400H 4WD is closer to
14-15,000 lb.

It wasn't either of those but that's the general idea. Some of the limbs
were getting close to the power line, but that was a little overkill for
the job. He's a nice guy but I think there was a little 'Ooh, ooh, new
toy!' factored in when he went to the rental place. I walk by there
during lunch sometimes and they have some less tank-like lifts.

They're all pretty close to the same, Genie, JLG, SkyTrak for
similar-sized units. There is more variability in the tow type because
there are really lightweight units all the way to the JLG/Genie HD ones
that can be pretty stout.

JLG has a 50/60 footer now on a 65 mph towing rig... I suppose Genie
probably has similar but haven't seen it.

That's a potentially dangerous task with a manlift -- the buckets in
them are NOT isolated like on a electric utility service truck boom.
All it takes is one oops! with them.

That said, I bought this one (eBay for $5K) some 10-15 years ago when
started to re-roof the old barn. It was a game changer then and has
continued to be...we've repainted the house several years ago (2-story +
attic), then completely resided it and did a lot of other restoration
work this past year plus the tree-trimming and any number of other tasks
am just not up to getting on a ladder for any more...including putting
the power line back up (3rd time, now, need to get it buried) after
t-storm took down a branch...it's just a branch feeder to the old shop,
though, so can isolate it to work on; don't have to try to do it live.

And, is only 240V, not the POCO line...

Posted to alt.home.repair

What about this unit:
https://www.go2rentx.com/equipment/s...ift-towable-50

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was able to get some more pics of the tower where it enters the concrete base:
https://ibb.co/k8Mxx5p
https://ibb.co/c6bw9ZK
https://ibb.co/zJ8drfd

Opinions ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2020 1:53 PM, wrote:
I was able to get some more pics of the tower where it enters the concrete base:
https://ibb.co/k8Mxx5p
https://ibb.co/c6bw9ZK
https://ibb.co/zJ8drfd

Opinions ?

Is there concrete close below that dirt. Getting rid of the dirt would
reduce future corrosion. If there is rust at the bottom, some
galvanizing zing primer might help reduce corrosion also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-07, Bob F wrote:
Is there concrete close below that dirt. Getting rid of the dirt would
reduce future corrosion. If there is rust at the bottom, some
galvanizing zing primer might help reduce corrosion also.

No, to reduce the fatal corrosion eating away at the social order
we must eradicate the Left. Meddling Leftists/Marxists have proved
time and time again they will not leave the rest of us alone to
live our lives. This is war and they are the enemy to be destroyed.

The US Census, what info must you give? -- http://censusfacts.info
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
The facts about Climate Change -- http://www.RealClimateScience.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 13:53:59 -0700 (PDT), posted for all of
us to digest...

I was able to get some more pics of the tower where it enters the concrete base:
https://ibb.co/k8Mxx5p
https://ibb.co/c6bw9ZK
https://ibb.co/zJ8drfd

Opinions ?

It needs maintenance, now. Like Bob F said remove the dirt to the concrete,
check for perforations and cold galvanize.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2020 2:46 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 13:53:59 -0700 (PDT), posted for all of
us to digest...

I was able to get some more pics of the tower where it enters the concrete base:
https://ibb.co/k8Mxx5p
https://ibb.co/c6bw9ZK
https://ibb.co/zJ8drfd

Opinions ?

It needs maintenance, now. Like Bob F said remove the dirt to the concrete,
check for perforations and cold galvanize.

Which will still leave the condition below the surface of the concrete
unknown...although one can probably tell a little bit about how much
corrosion has occurred at the interface...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:43:16 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 8/8/2020 2:46 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 13:53:59 -0700 (PDT), posted for all of
us to digest...

I was able to get some more pics of the tower where it enters the concrete base:
https://ibb.co/k8Mxx5p
https://ibb.co/c6bw9ZK
https://ibb.co/zJ8drfd

Opinions ?

It needs maintenance, now. Like Bob F said remove the dirt to the concrete,
check for perforations and cold galvanize.

Which will still leave the condition below the surface of the concrete
unknown...although one can probably tell a little bit about how much
corrosion has occurred at the interface...

--

Get rid of the dirt. That's a danger spot. The electronegativity of steel in concrete is different from steel in dirt. That causes current to flow and corrosion to occur. That's why the clothes poles we all used to have always break at the interface.

The condition inside the concrete is probably much better than at that interface.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Can you tell me more about "galvanizing zinc primer". Never heard of it, did a simple search and didn't find it. Is this something that I can pick up at Home-depot or Menards ? Does it come with instructions on how to use/apply it.

Thanks

Rigging, homemade crane, antenna tower. RogerN Metalworking 21 January 28th 12 06:28 PM
Tv antenna tower hinge stryped[_3_] Metalworking 5 April 20th 11 01:31 AM
Antenna tower hinge stryped[_3_] Metalworking 32 December 26th 10 05:56 AM
Antenna tower hinge KD7HB Metalworking 0 December 20th 10 05:55 PM
Grounding TV antenna tower [email protected] Home Repair 12 April 14th 06 04:50 AM