Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying tic-toc clock.

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 13:36:35 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 03:34:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 04:22:47 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:17:36 -0400, Peter
wrote:

On 8/5/2020 12:50 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 05 Aug 2020 05:03:33 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 4 Aug 2020 03:58:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

Connected to what? Apart from its use as a timepiece, my phone
mainly services the two-factor authentication required by my
employer's network. I don't use it for e-mail and if it rings
once a week it's a miracle.

Cindy Hamilton

Smartl phones are really good for depositing checks to the bank.
Now
don't have to be afraid the guard will shoot me by mistake.

You must really have an off brand bank if you don't drive by a branch
every time you are out and the ATM is really easy to use if the Covid
has the lobby closed. I assume if I internet banked I could drop a
check on my scanner and deposit it tho. The reality is I only cash
about a dozen checks a year and most come quarterly (dividends).
Four trips a year to the bank is not a burden

Make it real easy for yourself; have your dividends ACH deposited to
your checking account. No more worries about the check getting lost or
stolen in the mail. No misplacing/losing it at home. No more needing
to make a trip to an ATM or the bank. And, you have access to your
money sooner.
Since they might sit in the drawer for a month I doubt I really care
how soon I have access to the money. I don't float with my mouth so
close to being underwater.
I like seeing the checks and sometimes I just give them to my wife.
She likes that.

You folks act like I make a special trip to the ATM,
I drive by it 3 or 4 times a week.

Still makes more sense to have it show up in the
checking account completely automatically, dinosaur.

Most of my dividends go to the brokerage account
but I still have some shares I am holding personally.
Those are the ones I get checks for.

Still makes more sense to have those show up in the
checking account completely automatically, dinosaur.

Maybe I am not sure where I want it.

Trivial to move it once it shows up.

Like I said, sometime I give them to my wife.

Trivial to move it once it shows up.

Not really, without writing another check.

With online banking, I can transfer money from any one
of my bank accounts to any other. Another check is
not required.

Exactly what my wife and I do all the time. We have multiple credit union
accounts and multiple brokerage accounts. With a few mouse clicks, we can
move money from any of them to any of them.

Between banks? We have 5 plus a brokerage account. I can't even move
money from my bank to my brokerage account electronically since Dodd
Frank and they are the essentially same people. DF built a wall
between them. (two web sites that do not talk directly with each
other).

Actually, I bet you can do it very easily. You may need someone to show you
how if you can't figure it out on your own, but you can do it because
virtually every financial institution uses ACH, Automated Clearinghouse, to
move funds around. There shouldn't be any fees involved, but the transfers
aren't instantaneous. When I initiate a transfer, it doesn't actually
happen until just after midnight.

Moving money to Fidelity is a partial exception to the rule above. When I
initiate a transfer to Fidelity, the money shows up there within a few
seconds and is immediately available to use. Later that night, just after
midnight, it gets debited from my CU account.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Between banks?

Yep, any bank account in the country in my case.

We have 5 plus a brokerage account. I can't even move
money from my bank to my brokerage account electronically

Then you need a better bank, stupid.

? since Dodd Frank and they are the essentially same
people. DF built a wall between them. (two web
sites that do not talk directly with each other).

Then you need a better bank, stupid.

"Dodd Frank" is a law limiting... collusion (I guess you could call
it) between banks. Things you can do are probably illegal here.

Moving money between bank accounts owned by different people isnt collusion.

Its what is done with electronic transfers of the dividends and what checks
are about too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:26:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 06:39:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

JimK addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"I really feel the quality of your trolling has dropped in the last few
months..."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Our financial situation is much simpler. One bank, one credit union,
a checking and savings account in each. I was planning to close the
bank accounts about the time the lockdown started and just go with
the credit union.

Cindy Hamilton

I just evolved into this situation but it is what it is. I don't mind
having several banks. Call it diversification. It is handy traveling
tho. I can find a free ATM just about anywhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:26:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Stick with what you know asshole. Retail banks and brokers are
separated by federal law. Dodd/Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

It is not between banks it is between banks and their brokerage firm.
After the Clinton law Gramm€“Leach€“Bliley that overturned Glass
Steagall, banks and brokerages merged. During the 2008 melt down the
fear was retail banking money could be lost if the brokerage went
belly up so they were split apart again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:17:36 -0400, Peter
wrote:

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

I don't think you are doing it on your phone. I can move money around
but it usually involves paper.
I don't do it much but before D/F I could do it from my brokerage
account. Now I can't.
It would be the same transaction if I was moving from the bank to it's
sister broker or the broker to my Credit Union from what I understand.
For the most part it is a non issue. They are separate pots of money
and I don't co mingle them. Same with my other bank accounts.
Different sources of revenue, different disbursements.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

The best of our banks allow you to use any ATM in the
country for free and all the supermarkets and most
shops allow you to get cash at the checkout for free too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:26:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

We'll see...

? Retail banks and brokers are separated
by federal law. Dodd/Frank

Irrelevant to which you can move funds between, ****wit.

Even you should have noticed that that's what check are for.

Nothing illegal about that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

news

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant to what is legal with the transfer of money between accounts.

Even you should have noticed that you can do that with a check.

No reason why it cant be done electronically instead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:17:36 -0400, Peter
wrote:

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Ours are now done instantly.

Moving money to Fidelity is a partial exception to the rule above.
When I initiate a transfer to Fidelity, the money shows up there
within a few seconds and is immediately available to use. Later
that night, just after midnight, it gets debited from my CU account.

I don't think you are doing it on your phone.

You'd be wrong, as always.

I can move money around but it usually involves paper.

Because your bank is completely ****ing
hopeless if that's the only way it can be done.

That's because your bank is completely ****ing hopeless.

It would be the same transaction if I was moving from the bank to it's
sister broker or the broker to my Credit Union from what I understand.

You never do understand.

For the most part it is a non issue. They are separate
pots of money and I don't co mingle them.

No one is talking about co mingling, What is being
discussed is moving money between accounts, stupid.

Same with my other bank accounts. Different
sources of revenue, different disbursements.

You can obviously move money between accounts
with a check and so can electronically too, stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:02:22 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

A "foreign" (not your bank) ATM transaction is $3-5.
I agree you can usually buy a pack of gum and get $50 back for free
with a debit card if that is all you need
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:02:22 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

No here it isnt.

I agree you can usually buy a pack of gum and get $50
back for free with a debit card if that is all you need

You don't have to buy anything here. The self checkout
at the biggest supermarket chain has cashout as one of
the two entgrys on the initial screen of the self checkouts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 14:04:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

OK then, if I need $50 I will just fly to Australia, quarantine for 2
weeks go get my $50, minus the exchange fee and fly home.

We ain't in Australia.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 18:01:10 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:26:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:17:36 -0400, Peter
wrote:

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

From a money transfer perspective, that's not true. Everything is
connected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 14:04:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:02:22 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...

wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Or get a clue, stop using cash, pay using a card and get
a stick of gum or something if you really do need cash.

But you are too stupid to manage that.

And too stupid to avoid eating out with so much virus around too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Who or What is Rod Speed?"

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 14:04:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 16:42:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:07:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 21:38:39 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

And they keep trying to get back together. "We promise we won't do
anything stupid this time. Honest!"

YOU still need to make such a promise, senile blabbermouth! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:04:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:15:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

As I said, my situation is much simpler. I haven't been out of
Michigan since 2016 and I have been on a plane since 1997.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

....and the interest you earn is greater, the loans you may need are
offered at a lower rate, and I find the customer service is much better
at credit unions vs. banks if you can find a credit union you qualify to
join. NCUA guarantees your savings and money market savings accounts to
the same limits as does the FDIC for banks.