Posted to alt.home.repair

Default placing a hock in concrete ceiling

Hi
I have bathroom in the basement under the front porch. I removed all the drywalls and what is left is just the concrete ceiling and the concrete walls.. I want to place a hook in the ceiling (see the picture of the hook please) so I can hold the bathroom curtain. What is the best idea to do so? Do I need special screws? I am afraid of using screws because I am afraid the would damage the ceiling or create a crack etc and you can see the ceiling has some cracks and holes already. I have also seen in home depot that they sell special material (i think mix of cements and others) that would hold metal or plug etc in a concrete. I painted the ceiling and the wall using oil-based paint. Any idea would be very much appreciate it. Thank you so much. Pleas see attached photos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iIN...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZOT...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rYV...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ga...ew?usp=sharing
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:08:02 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Hi
I have bathroom in the basement under the front porch.
I removed all the drywalls and what is left is just the concrete ceiling
and the concrete walls. I want to place a hook in the ceiling
(see the picture of the hook please) so I can hold the bathroom curtain.
What is the best idea to do so? Do I need special screws?
I am afraid of using screws because I am afraid the would damage
the ceiling or create a crack etc and you can see the ceiling
has some cracks and holes already. I have also seen in home depot
that they sell special material (i think mix of cements and others)
that would hold metal or plug etc in a concrete.
I painted the ceiling and the wall using oil-based paint.
Any idea would be very much appreciate it.
Thank you so much. Pleas see attached photos

https://www.familyhandyman.com/proje...ete-fasteners/

The nice people at the Home Depot can also help you with these
little repairs ... just tell them you wish to attach these hooks
to concrete in your cellar ... you needn't tell them the whole
story .. about the shower and the families of illegal immigrants
living there ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 2:08 PM, leza wang wrote:
[...]

So you ignored all the previous ideas/questions from earlier and now are
back. What's the point?

Where did all the electricals go?

So the ply was just the remainder of the forming under the pouring of a
slab for the porch floor?

Why didn't you at least fill the holes/cracks first?

Just drill a hole for an anchor...need an impact drill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You are racist little John. I live by myself in this home and I own it. You are an immigrant to. White people are not from American or Canada, only native people are from these countries. Why do not go back to your Queen racist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Sorry I did not ignore any suggestion but sometime I do not know what to do.. Wires are still there the other side, not showing in the picture. I hear you about filling the holes/cracks and I will do that soon. Thank you so much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 3:08 PM, leza wang wrote:
[...]

That ceiling is in rough shape. I'd not attach anything to it. Are
there joists above it? I'd locate them, drill through the concrete and
screw into the wood. Lag bolts would work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

You know when we were trying to figure out what was there from the earlier
pics, I thought of that as a possibility, that the plywood we were looking
at was the bottom of a concrete form. But then she said it was an old
tear down kind of house and what we were looking at was the area below a
porch. So, I dismissed that as a possibility, I've never seen a concrete
floor over a basement, doesn't seem likely in a small old house either.

The new question, what I don't get is this is for a shower curtain, so
doesn't it need to slide on a rod to make it functional? Where is the
rest of the shower, ie the sides? That is where the curtain or door would
be. Typically a shower curtain hangs from a rod that goes between the
two walls that form the shower.

Why didn't you at least fill the holes/cracks first?

Just drill a hole for an anchor...need an impact drill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 19:28:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

It is a concrete "cold room" under a poured concrete porch. it will
be re-enforced concrete. Was never meant to be finished living space

persons abusing the privilege of this net try to hock their wares. skipper02451 Electronics Repair 7 August 12th 09 10:25 PM
New Hock tools VIDEO! AAvK Woodworking 0 December 26th 05 08:00 PM
Hock 'classic' vs. cryogenic irons Gordon Airporte Woodworking 2 December 6th 04 10:58 PM
Orcad - Placing GND Symbols John Dough Electronics 1 September 26th 04 11:26 AM
Spokeshave- Hock A Dubya Woodworking 0 January 28th 04 01:11 AM