Old July 30th 20, 11:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default A harsh lesson in the reality of COVID-19

On 30/07/2020 11:20, devnull wrote:
On 7/30/20 4:27 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 29 Jul 2020 16:31:35 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 7:07:38 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
A trumpers story.

https://dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-less...y-of-covid-19/

A very moving story.
Muggles should read this, but being foolishly stubborn, I'd bet she
won't.

Live today like there's no tomorrow because tomorrow isn't promised to
any of us.

Get sick and kill your family and friends today like theire is no
tomorrow because what do you care if they could have lived longer.

A while back a plane crashed so don't ever fly again.* And with all the
doper/texters on the road, stay the hell out of cars too.

Now you're just being silly. I suppose you don't wear a seat belt in a
car and think that airbags are a waste of money etc.

Old July 30th 20, 01:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
A trumpers story.

https://dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-less...y-of-covid-19/

A very moving story.
Muggles should read this, but being foolishly stubborn, I'd bet she
won't.

Live today like there's no tomorrow because tomorrow isn't promised to
any of us.
Get sick and kill your family and friends today like theire is no
tomorrow because what do you care if they could have lived longer.

A while back a plane crashed so don't ever fly again.* And with all the
doper/texters on the road, stay the hell out of cars too.

Now you're just being silly. I suppose you don't wear a seat belt in a
car and think that airbags are a waste of money etc.

Exactly. And with airplanes, we have learned from 100 years of experience
what needs to be done to avoid needless deaths, to make them as safe as
possible and we've adopted standards and procedures consistent with that.
I suppose if there was an airline that somehow operated outside the law,
defying science and common sense, used half-assed planes that are falling
apart, had a record of death and destruction,
that's the one they'd want to fly on, because it's their right and we all
die someday. I'm sure we could find some "pilot" on the internet that says
it;s all swell too and Trump would be tweeting videos praising the crazy
airline and the people supporting it. That's how crazy some people have
become.

I just saw where Madonna has tweeted support for the crazy witch doctor and
conspiracy theories. Madonna claims that there is a cure for Covid, a
vaccine, that it's been around for years, but some vast conspiracy is
keeping it off the market because the evil companies want to make more
money. Interesting too that she thinks this about other capitalists,
but of course her hundreds of millions that she earned from the same system,
no issues there. Typical limousine liberal. Twitter took her crap down too.

Old July 30th 20, 01:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
[...]

It's like these conspiracy theorists have their own sort of virus, but
in their brains.
Old July 30th 20, 02:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 brought next idea :

--
Maggie

Figures you wouldn't learn. There are more tomorrows for people who learn
and act responsibly. For you, stupid is as stupid does.

Again it is due to her very self-centered view of the world where
others don't matter.

Old July 30th 20, 03:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 was thinking very hard :

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
[...]

There was a PBS show on Alex Jones on the other night. I only caught the
last ten minutes or so of it. He's one of the worst, spewing forth endless
crazy conspiracy BS, inciting people with pure lies. Yet he's been very
successful, broadcast by many radio stations, I think he has his own
video show now too. He's most famous recently for claiming that the Sandy
Hook, CT school shooting was faked, that the kids didn't die, that the
parents are lying, part of a conspiracy. After losing their children, the
parents were being harassed, followed, threatened by crazy Jones followers.
One parent finally sued him in court and won $450K. During depositions,
Jones came up with the bizarre explanation that because he's seen so much
conspiracy everywhere, it's given him psychosis so he got this one wrong.

The PBS documentary showed his follower who believed that Hillary and Podesta
were running a child sex ring from that DC pizza shop. Some examples of how
crazy and stupid these people are, Jones got hold of some of Podesta's
stolen emails and claimed that where he was talking about cheese pizzas in
an email, that was a code word for children. This dope believed it,
recorded a fairwell message to his family on video, saying how he could
not let evil like this go unchecked, took his assault rifle
and drove many states to the pizza parlor in DC. He went in during the
middle of the day, with customers there, shot up the place a bit,
while looking for the basement with the child sex ring. Of course there
wasn't even a basement. I guess he was also so stupid that it didn't occur
to him that it would be better to break in at night, when innocent customers
and employees were not there?

Sadly this is what we are dealing with today. Even people like Madonna
have been caught up in this craziness. I mean one would think that someone
that successful must be smart enough not to fall for crazy BS? And now
we have a president tweeting videos of a crazy doctor that believes alien
reptiles are running the US govt. My how badly America has fallen.
This is making America great?

As for the blogger in the OP, what he really needs to do is to keep
blogging and figure out just how he became so completely misinformed.
Correct it, and teach others about doing research, using multiple
diverse sources, and to apply reading comprehension, and critical
thinking.

Most of these nutcases don't really produce believable scenarios if you
view them with a critical eye.
Old July 30th 20, 03:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
[...]

I'm gobsmacked and lost for words (for a change)
Old July 30th 20, 03:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
A trumpers story.

https://dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-less...y-of-covid-19/

A very moving story.
Muggles should read this, but being foolishly stubborn, I'd bet she
won't.

Live today like there's no tomorrow because tomorrow isn't promised to
any of us.

Figures you wouldn't learn.* There are more tomorrows for people who
learn
and act responsibly.* For you, stupid is as stupid does.

You've really no idea what you're talking about.* Tomorrow is not
promised to any of us.

Do you look both ways before you cross the street?

Every day someone dies who got up that morning expecting to have a future.

--
Maggie
Old July 30th 20, 03:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
A trumpers story.

https://dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-less...y-of-covid-19/

A very moving story.
Muggles should read this, but being foolishly stubborn, I'd bet she
won't.

Live today like there's no tomorrow because tomorrow isn't promised to
any of us.

Figures you wouldn't learn.* There are more tomorrows for people who
learn
and act responsibly.* For you, stupid is as stupid does.

You've really no idea what you're talking about.* Tomorrow is not
promised to any of us.

While that is true, sensible living will get me a few more.* I don't
smoke and I'm not attempting to climb Mt. Everest this year.

That can be true, but it doesn't mean you're guaranteed a tomorrow.

--
Maggie
Old July 30th 20, 03:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2020 12:14 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:32, Bob F wrote:
A trumpers story.

https://dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-less...y-of-covid-19/

A very moving story.
Muggles should read this, but being foolishly stubborn, I'd bet she
won't.

Live today like there's no tomorrow because tomorrow isn't promised to
any of us.

Figures you wouldn't learn.* There are more tomorrows for people who
learn
and act responsibly.* For you, stupid is as stupid does.

This is the couldn't care less selfish attitude that many youngsters have.
They might not die themselves, but they bring the virus back and their
parents/grandparents die because of their wilfull ignorance. Then of
course they wish they'd acted responsibly. They are indirectly
responsible for their deaths. It could so easily have been avoided.

Lots of people die unexpectedly.

--
Maggie