Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sick mouse kills cat?

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2020 1:32 PM, micky wrote:
Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

It can happen if the mouse died from poison. Mouse or rat bait.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:40:21 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

On 7/21/2020 1:32 PM, micky wrote:
Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

It can happen if the mouse died from poison. Mouse or rat bait.

Okay, but the poster specifically said plague or desease??

Googling said mice could transmit roundworm or toxoplasmosis to cats,
but is this common? The vet can cure worms, right? Not sure about
toxo. or how likely it is that people get it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2020 3:32 PM, micky wrote:
Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

TDS is a plague , but it's limited to rabid leftists ...
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2020 2:16 PM, Snag wrote:
On 7/21/2020 3:32 PM, micky wrote:
Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate?Â*Â* Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it?Â* Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

Â* TDS is a plague , but it's limited to rabid leftists ...

As is TTS, but it is incurable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2020 5:16 PM, Snag wrote:
On 7/21/2020 3:32 PM, micky wrote:
Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate?Â*Â* Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it?Â* Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

Â* TDS is a plague , but it's limited to rabid leftists ...

There is plague in western states and I see stories where people have
caught it from their cats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/21/2020 1:32 PM, micky wrote:
Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

It can happen if the mouse died from poison. Mouse or rat bait.

Okay, but the poster specifically said plague or desease??

Googling said mice could transmit roundworm or toxoplasmosis to cats,
but is this common? The vet can cure worms, right? Not sure about
toxo. or how likely it is that people get it.

Some mice carry Hantavirus:

Dogs and cats can get hantavirus but do not spread it to humans. This
infection usually starts with 'flu-like symptoms such as headache,
muscle pain and fever. Shortness of breath and other serious symptoms
develop next, and it can cause death.

Is Hantavirus a plague?

Like plague, hantavirus lurks within rodents of the desert Southwest,
sporadically causing human disease and intermittently making
unexpected appearances far from its endemic region. ... Hantavirus
continues to pose a highly fatal threat, with 384 proven cases over
the past 12 years and a 36 percent overall mortality.

It's not confined to the desert Southwest.
There have been cases across the USA.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's about 135 fataltiies over only 12 years. 11 a year. Even
though I know a lot of people use cats to kill mice, I'm not going to
argue with the guy that says to keep your cat away from the mice,

It's not confined to the desert Southwest.
There have been cases across the USA.

Interestilng.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:32:08 -0400, micky
wrote:

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plague-n956141
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plague-n956141

Wow. I didn't think you could have so little of plague. The
connotation of plague for me was that there was lots and it was
spreading fast. But 3 cases are bad enough and I won't be buying or
petting any Wyoming cats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plague-n956141

Wow. I didn't think you could have so little of plague. The
connotation of plague for me was that there was lots and it was
spreading fast. But 3 cases are bad enough and I won't be buying or
petting any Wyoming cats.

Plague:

a contagious bacterial disease characterized by fever and delirium, typically with the formation of buboes ( bubonic plague ) and sometimes infection of the lungs ( pneumonic plague )

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plague-n956141

Wow. I didn't think you could have so little of plague. The
connotation of plague for me was that there was lots and it was
spreading fast. But 3 cases are bad enough and I won't be buying or
petting any Wyoming cats.

It is easily treated with antibiotics now from what I've read.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse
he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone
on Nextdoor says that happens.

Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plague-n956141

Wow. I didn't think you could have so little of plague. The
connotation of plague for me was that there was lots and it was
spreading fast. But 3 cases are bad enough and I won't be buying or
petting any Wyoming cats.

The problem in Medieval Europe was basically sanitation and the fact
that they tolerated rats. The fleas had the plague, the rats were the
vector into the home and the people got bit by the fleas. With no
meaningful treatment it spread pretty fast