Henry

Default Garage Door Closing and Bright Sun

Anyone have problems with closing their garage doors using the remote
when the sun is shining really brightly? The sensors seem to detect
direct sunlight as an obstruction, making it impossible to close the
door with the remote. I end up having to use the wall-mounted switch,
and even then, the button must be held down continuously.
Rich

Yes I had this problem with my last house I had to rig up a tube long
enough to cut out the direct light or stand and make a shadow and then
use my keypad to get the door to close. I ended up taking the things and
putting them above the door and pointed them at each other. That was the
solution in the end.

Rich

"Henry" wrote in message
om...
Anyone have problems with closing their garage doors using the remote
when the sun is shining really brightly? The sensors seem to detect
direct sunlight as an obstruction, making it impossible to close the
door with the remote. I end up having to use the wall-mounted switch,
and even then, the button must be held down continuously.

Tom

"Rich" wrote in message
Yes I had this problem with my last house I had to rig up a tube long
enough to cut out the direct light or stand and make a shadow and then
use my keypad to get the door to close. I ended up taking the things and
putting them above the door and pointed them at each other. That was the
solution in the end.

Rich

But doesn't that defeat their original purpose for being there..to stop the
door from crushing a child or pet should they try to run under the door
while it is descending?