TerryS

Default Tub to shower retrofit

I want to remove my tub and install a shower in its place. The tub is 30" X
60" and its space is framed into the bathroom. I will need a 4-piece,
shower pan and 3 wall pieces, in order to get the unit thru the 24" doors to
the bathroom.

So far, I've not found anything of that size. All the units I've found are
35" X 60" and there just isn't room for that extra width because of a
doorway adjacent to the tub. I could probably get a 33" wide unit to work
but I cannot find anything like that either.

If you know of a unit that would work, I would appreciate hearing about it.
I could use just a shower pan and tile the walls but I prefer not to use
tile.

Thanks for any help you might offer.
Terry

Speedy Jim

TerryS wrote:

I want to remove my tub and install a shower in its place. The tub is 30" X
60" and its space is framed into the bathroom. I will need a 4-piece,
shower pan and 3 wall pieces, in order to get the unit thru the 24" doors to
the bathroom.

So far, I've not found anything of that size. All the units I've found are
35" X 60" and there just isn't room for that extra width because of a
doorway adjacent to the tub. I could probably get a 33" wide unit to work
but I cannot find anything like that either.

If you know of a unit that would work, I would appreciate hearing about it.
I could use just a shower pan and tile the walls but I prefer not to use
tile.

Thanks for any help you might offer.
Terry

Is this a "budget" job?
Personally, I would do the tile walls with a prefab base.

You could have a custom base molded from "cultured" marble or similar.
The same guys will custom make wall panels to match.

Jim
Bryan

TerryS wrote:
I want to remove my tub and install a shower in its place. The tub is 30" X
60" and its space is framed into the bathroom. I will need a 4-piece,
shower pan and 3 wall pieces, in order to get the unit thru the 24" doors to
the bathroom.

So far, I've not found anything of that size. All the units I've found are
35" X 60" and there just isn't room for that extra width because of a
doorway adjacent to the tub. I could probably get a 33" wide unit to work
but I cannot find anything like that either.

http://www.swanstone.com. 32x60 and 34x60 if I remember correctly.
About $1800 for base + 3 walls. Easy to work and quick to install.
Took about a week for delivery to my local dealer (or months to HD).

- Bryan

ameijers

"Bryan" wrote in message ...
TerryS wrote:
I want to remove my tub and install a shower in its place. The tub is

30" X
60" and its space is framed into the bathroom. I will need a 4-piece,
shower pan and 3 wall pieces, in order to get the unit thru the 24"

doors to
the bathroom.

So far, I've not found anything of that size. All the units I've found

are
35" X 60" and there just isn't room for that extra width because of a
doorway adjacent to the tub. I could probably get a 33" wide unit to

work
but I cannot find anything like that either.

http://www.swanstone.com. 32x60 and 34x60 if I remember correctly.
About $1800 for base + 3 walls. Easy to work and quick to install.
Took about a week for delivery to my local dealer (or months to HD).

Keep in mind that if this is the main (or only) bathroom, you will likely
take a hit at resale time, if that matters to you. People with kids want
tubs. Most women want tubs. Guys could usually care less.

aem sends....

Power shower electrical shocks Dave UK diy 4 June 4th 04 07:54 PM
reconstruction of shower stall and bathroom floor Spoon2001 Home Repair 2 March 12th 04 02:13 AM
Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM