DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/677359-where-do-you-buy-all-brass-off-garden-hose-shut-off-valves.html)

Arlen Holder[_5_] July 9th 20 08:49 PM

Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves?

Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-Threaded-Brass-Shut-Off-Coupling-27933/100659291

I need about a dozen tip-of-the-garden-hose shutoff valves, where I used to
buy all-brass valves at Home Depot after having given up on the plastic
ones at Orchard Supply.

The plastic valves inevitably crack from being dropped on hard surfaces,
and the threads inevitably strip, and the nylon ball stinks to start with.

The all brass valves work best (rubber handle) but Home Depot no longer
sells them for whatever reason.

What they have now is composite brass & rubber, where, IMHO, there's too
much rubber and not enough brass, at Home Depot. They all break.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-Threaded-Brass-Shut-Off-Coupling-27933/100659291

*Where do you get about a dozen all-brass hose end shutoff valves?*
--
Usenet is a public potluck of purposefully helpful useful advice.

Arlen Holder[_5_] July 9th 20 09:09 PM

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 19:49:14 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-Threaded-Brass-Shut-Off-Coupling-27933/100659291

I need about a dozen tip-of-the-garden-hose shutoff valves, where I used to
buy all-brass valves at Home Depot after having given up on the plastic
ones at Orchard Supply.

Here's a shot of the broken ones to give you an idea of what stinks:
https://i.postimg.cc/NMHT2Wdc/hose01.jpg

Where do you get your GOOD all-brass garden-hose tip shutoffs?
--
Usenet is a public helpdesk where people purposefully help each other.

\[email protected] July 9th 20 09:10 PM

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...f?cm_vc=-10005

Bob F July 10th 20 05:11 AM

On 7/9/2020 1:09 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 19:49:14 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-Threaded-Brass-Shut-Off-Coupling-27933/100659291

I need about a dozen tip-of-the-garden-hose shutoff valves, where I used to
buy all-brass valves at Home Depot after having given up on the plastic
ones at Orchard Supply.

Here's a shot of the broken ones to give you an idea of what stinks:
https://i.postimg.cc/NMHT2Wdc/hose01.jpg

Where do you get your GOOD all-brass garden-hose tip shutoffs?
A ball valve and some adapter fittings.