Alexander Galkin

Default Window trim

I am replacing my old windows with Andersen new construction windows. I am
planning to install on outside a wooden trim around the windows and paint it
white. What's the best wood for making the outside trim and what can be its
approximate cost?

Roger

"Alexander Galkin" I am replacing my old
windows with Andersen new construction windows. I am
planning to install on outside a wooden trim around the windows and paint

it
white. What's the best wood for making the outside trim and what can be

its
approximate cost?

Don't know the cost, but for simple shaped rectangular trim, I have used
both pressure treated trim, and redwood trim, followed by Zinsser stain
killing prime, then topcoat. PS I am not a prof. painter, so wait for
further advice!

Edwin Pawlowski

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I am replacing my old windows with Andersen new construction windows. I am
planning to install on outside a wooden trim around the windows and paint
it white. What's the best wood for making the outside trim and what can be
its approximate cost?

Cypress is about $4 a board foot. Good for outdoor furniture also.

Circle window trim Fred Home Repair 2 October 28th 03 02:31 PM
Custom trim for round top window HerHusband Woodworking 3 September 8th 03 08:01 PM