DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore elite calypso washer code C1 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/66899-kenmore-elite-calypso-washer-code-c1.html)

Jim August 27th 04 09:26 PM

Kenmore elite calypso washer code C1

Can anyone tell me what this error code means? The clothes are wet and
drippy when I open the washer to take them out to put them into the
dryer.

jeff August 28th 04 01:03 PM

(Jim) wrote in message m...
Can anyone tell me what this error code means? The clothes are wet and
drippy when I open the washer to take them out to put them into the
dryer.

Hi,

No model# posted, but I found this.....

CA Cl

Average current limit Or Instantaneous current limit.

If a status signal comes back from the motor controller that a current
limit has been breached, the unit will return to standby mode and
display either CA for average current limit trip or Cl for
instantaneous current limit trip.

Average current trip occurs if there is a 2 second average of current
draw greater than 5.55 amps at the motor windings.

Instantaneous current trip occurs if there is a spike of 26 amps
instantly at the motor windings.

This may signify problems with the drive motor, thermal protector, or
motor controller. Over-loading the unit may cause this problem.

Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=948450
Calypso washer repair manual.

jeff.